Undying MF cycloner

Solo all maps with all mods except Blood Magic. This build can also AFK on most map bosses and rares safely (nice for desync safety with my lousy Comcast connection). Only way it tends to die is getting 1-shot: Residence and Palace Dominus with -max in particular.

Did I mention it can do the above with 100 iiq and 300 iir? Downside: not cheap, can't do Uber Atziri. Upside: cheaper than spectral throw. This build makes it easy to swap pieces around to adjust MF vs. survivability/dps even while in a map.

Core idea of the build: Enough ES to absorb 1 hit from non-bosses, enough armor for Aegis to recharge about half the ES per block, max block and near max spell block. Cyclone so you don't need to take Unwavering Stance, Soul Taker so you can stay at 0 mana and have 100% Divination Distillate uptime.

This build can work well with either an armor 6L (extra astral resists are nice), or a high armor AR/ES one (drop discipline for determination).

Cyclone dps with below gear: 10.8k in full MF, 29.5k in non-MF
Block: 75%
Spell Block: 56%

Mandatory Items

The 4% block amulet is optional but saves 4 skill points.

More flexible items: MF setup

Swap out Andvarius for the rare ring on Elemental Weakness maps. If you can get vuln-on-hit aurseize, it's a noticable DPS boost.

More flexible items: Non-MF setup

Build - updated for 1.2

If you find yourself needing more resistances, take Diamond Skin by the marauder start for an extra +15 all.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwEswUtBukLYQz3E0wUTRRSFm8XLxfhGF0ZLho-Gmwb-iSqJd8nYSftKS4wTza6Nuk8LT38QKBHfkz_TdhOMk99UWBT31RJVdZYY1jbWfNZ_l4fXz9gS2RSZOdlTWaeZ5tsFm5pbpdu2HKpdO1343gNeWh673uMfLh82X7igFaApIFvgziE2YTvhxmMdozPkFWZK5uDna6ePKC0ogCkGayqrK-uPq9stPm9gb6KvqfAD8AawQTEFcT2xYrG2NJN42rkUeW95wvp1e988B_xrPKc8wbzvvZI9lX3vvrS-6r8Sw==
[/url]

Gems

6L MF: Cyclone, Faster Attacks, Melee Physical Damage, Melee Damage on Full Life, IIQ, IIR
6L non-MF: Cyclone, Faster Attacks, Melee Physical Damage, Melee Damage on Full Life, Concentrated Effect or Increased Area of Effect, and either Life on Hit or Added Fire Damage.

4L: Cast when Damage Taken (level 1), Enduring Cry (level 5), Increased Duration, Immortal Call (level 3)
4L: Cast when Damage Taken (level 5), Vulnerability (level 6), Increased Duration, Vaal Haste (triggered manually - here for the increased duration)
4L: Discipline (level 13) - Hatred - Herald of Ash - Reduced Mana
3L: Vaal Molten Shell - Life on Hit - Increased Area of Effect
3L: Leap Slam, Faster Attacks, Life on Hit

Bandit choices: Skill point, 18% physical, skill point

Improvements to the tree efficiency always welcome.
Last edited by mintu on Oct 18, 2014, 10:21:30 PM
I usually get by fine without lazwhar myself (I really havent noticed any difference aside from on bosses like palace dom or shrine piety), you could always keep an IIR ammy on for most of the time instead, and switch stone in for particular bosses or maps.
Interesting - my spell block drops down to only 26% with an amulet. Granted, the extra MF and 1k dps is quite nice.

You still find it safe mapping without it on trash mobs?
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecEswUtFE0X4RmFGjIaOBo-GlUabBv6HRQkmySqJd8nLyjFKS4ppTboNuk62D38ROdHfkw1TdhOKlFgU99USVcNWGNY21nzWf5fP2BLYSFko2VNZp5qHmo7apNuaW7YcH1yqXK7dO1673zZgIqBb4M4hNmE74tPjHaMz5BVkc6ZK5uDnjyezaC0oW2iAKQZpKynMKeEqBiplavFrKqsr7T5tkG5zbvtvJ-9gb6nwA_AGsOGxtjM29Ih0k3V7eNq45_kUeeR7DjvDu988B_yL_MG877z3fZI9zL3Tfe--tL7qg==

my rec.

36% more armor
40 more str (20 more base life, more phys dmg)
~40% more base phys dmg overall
18% more max life

lose 4% block and a 30 int node and two 10 int nodes, and may need to gear around it - not sure what you're running. if you do need it, i suggest farming 3 levels to the int node right of iron reflexes (easier said than done right?)

That block will be negligible in the armor/dps/base hp's you're going to gain and the armor obviously increases your effective HP via aegis. One option is to drop another 4% block and pick up a 30 int lazhwar (is what i ran on my blender for this reason) - OR - a 40+ int ring with MF. (i ended up doing this and picking up an 8% attack speed lazwar) clear speeds increase and survivability stays about the same. the only htings that give me any issue are crazy hard spell crits, and my 5k hp pool more than accomodates those until my leech picks up.

frankly the more base hp/armor you get the less important block is going ot become. i won''t let my chars go below around 55% but thats easy to maintain.

also - get a rumi's. 3000 armor, block, spell block? even a crappy one would 75/75 you with that gear, as well as make aegis all the more retarded win/win/win for this build.

-onan
Interesting tree option. I could probably get there if I wanted to craft a new MF ring from scratch as there are no good IIQ/IIR/resist MF rings with int: http://poe.xyz.is/search/iowaborarerime

Giving up the 50 int and 4% block will be very painful unfortunately.
Going from 75% to 71% block is a 16% increase in incoming attack and a 9% increase in spell damage on average (not hit size though).
Dropping 50 int would mean 2 pieces of gear to swap - either give up Andvarius or my current MF ring for a worse MF ring. If only belts could roll int - my last imprint of that belt is without the str roll.

Swapping the corrupted Lazwhar for a non-corrupted (which I used to run) is also not an option - takes 1 skill point to get 30int from the tree (assuming I am nearby), takes 2 to get 4% block and harder to get to block nodes.
Bandits? Assuming life/skill/skill?
Also, bear with me because this'll be my first melee char.

1. The decision to go the dex/int nodes via Steel Skin to IR, that's because you need dex/int later on for gems/items? Some other builds I've seen typically go the str route below the axe wheels and pop up via Water Dancing.

2. You get to the top of the tree straight up from Born to Fight. Is that to pick up the additional shield block nodes since you're MFing rather than using something like BoR where that helm gives additional block?

3. Like above, bandit choices?
Updated with bandit choices: kill, help oak, kill. I've not found myself needing a lot of life due to almost all damage being eaten by the ES and Aegis replentishing it - so respecced to damaged.

1. I am low enough on both dex and int that I cap out at level 13 discipline and level 18 faster attacks. If I didn't need disc, I could drop down to 108 int (minimum for level 20 IIR) - with the current setup I am at 124 int and 104 dex (without andvarius). If you have enough of these, taking the other route certainly makes sense (though costs 2 more points)

2. Yes - if you don't use Bringer of Rain, it's rather hard to cap out block. The 4% block Lazwhar is very convenient - and you still end up going all over the skill tree to cap to 75%.

After that tree, would you go up to Purity of Flesh for more chaos res + life? Or sup?
Pretty cool build. Was fun grouping with you and awesome to see you afk lol.

Happy spinning.
IGN: Grave_Intentions
$$$ Grave Intentions Flame Totem MFarmer: I'm Cheap 'n' Easy $$$
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/979802

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info