August Expansion Teaser Screenshot #2

"
visiON123 wrote:
"
bitV wrote:
"
DigitalDreams wrote:
In fact the current UI is fine, why fix something that isn't broken

That's like saying "why try to improve something that is already good".

Luckily most people don't think like that, hence why I'm not writing this on an 8086 running 86-DOS.

I agree that a lot of the changes aren't ideal, but this is a process, that's something that people fail to understand. If they simply took the reworked menu from this concept alone that in my opinion would justify the entire process, any other insight they gain towards the end-outcome is worthwhile.

Too bad it's not an improvement and by "fixing" something that's not broken they're actually breaking it.

They HAVE NOT implemented the design, they posted a mockup of potential changes, like Eric said already they are listening to feedback.

Like I said, the one change of the consolidated menu coming about as a result of this work would justify the process.
love the smaller UI although it looks colder.

the shop button is a eye catcher, probably intentional but for people who alread donated hundreds of dollars, please make it optional or less noticable.

why did remove the globe ladies? sexism? seriously? you want more donations from prude people who demand bloody heads piling up but can't deal with nipple like objects shown on screen?

please restore the old ladies or make them chooseable or buyable back into to the UI. i would really pay for that. they're part of your trademark, ggg.

last post of me in this forum until i read that they're coming back. i'm serious.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
bitV wrote:
They HAVE NOT implemented the design, they posted a mockup of potential changes, like Eric said already they are listening to feedback.

Like I said, the one change of the consolidated menu coming about as a result of this work would justify the process.

No it wouldn't, the menu buttons are fine right now, there is literally no reason to change them, they don't clog anything up, and the new menu button would take 2 clicks to open something, if you even used the buttons, that is.
IGN: ScionHasTheNicestAss (SC)
Instead of changed NOT-BROKEN UI to some crappy one (yeah same story as with old brownish mouse pointer which was superior to current white one), I would rather see templar fixed to not be left-retarded-handed while all other chars are righthanded ones.

Changing multiple menu buttons to a single one is a retarded idea really, why press something to be able to press again?
Shop button is too generic and totally off the general style of UI. It kinda screams "BUY OUR MTX N SHIT" - not the way to go, GGG.
Basically, for me it looks they are preparing to UI MTX in the future, otherwise - what are GGG thinking changing UI like that?

The only thing I like in the screenshot is the new NPC, but thats about it.
Last edited by d3s0 on Jul 29, 2014, 1:50:21 AM
"
bitV wrote:

The point is if the art team is this bored, they should really be working on something that people actually requested instead.
I'd guess GGG is looking for feedback:

1. The hate the new UI
2. New orb statues are ugly, keep the old ladies
3. The shop button is a big no no and a huge turnoff. The $ was nice and enough.
4. I prefer the old menu as is. The Arrow button looks just plain wierd and it's extra steps to do something.

Sorry GGG, I hate this new UI.
Because if was sexist to have two women, but it isn't to have two fat guys showing buttcheaks.
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
I like the new UI, it's pretty sleek looking.

Also: This single thread by itself has more bitching than any feminist has ever done about PoE's UI, and you guys think they're the ones being too sensitive?
"
d3s0 wrote:
Instead of changed NOT-BROKEN UI to some crappy one (yeah same story as with old brownish mouse pointer which was superior to current white one), I would rather see templar fixed to not be left-retarded-handed while all other chars are righthanded ones.

Changing multiple menu buttons to a single one is a retarded idea really, why press something to be able to press again?
Shop button is too generic and totally off the general style of UI. It kinda screams "BUY OUR MTX N SHIT" - not the way to go, GGG.
Basically, or me it looks they are preparing to UI MTX in the future, otherwise - what are GGG thinking changing UI like that?

The only thing I like in the screenshot is the new NPC, but thats about it.

Do you really need to get so harsh. They posted the screen shot for feedback and are no doubt going to respond to it, Eric already stopped by to say this. Don't act like a petulant child.
IGN: _Blue_Box_
Last edited by BadWoof on Jul 29, 2014, 1:51:41 AM
1) Remove the term screen from the menu sub-categories. It is not necessary as it is common knowledge that clicking on a link opens the aforementioned screen(s).

2) Awaiting user interface micro-transaction(s) still.

3) I prefer [$] instead of [Shop].
Personal Item Filter(s):
https://www.pathofexile.com/item-filter/Rxpet8

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info