[1.2.2] Sando's 1.4m+ dps Dual Strike Scion / Uber Atziri viable

Hi. Welcome to Sando's Dual Strike Guide Thread

"
New build has been released.
It's similar concept as Dual Strike Scion Build.
It has higher dps than Scion, so I suggest you guys to try out Crit Ci Maruder.
Dual Strike Scion's leveling skill tree is gone, but hybrid skill tree is still alive.
So people who are already playing this build, you guys can continue, but I don't think there will be no further updates.
I feel sorry that the class has been changed to Marauder from Scion, but feel free try try out the new marauder build.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1204228

latest 9/23/2014

• 9/23/2014 changed Additional Accuracy gem from dual strike links to Faster Attacks
  • 9/22/2014 added "Feedback"
  • 9/17/2014 added "about Double Strike & ES shield"
  • 9/15/2014 changed High-End Guide & skill tree
  • 9/4/2014 added "Vaal Haste gem setting"
  • 9/3/2014 added "Loath Bane vs Honour Etcher"
  • 9/1/2014 added "High-End guide"
  • 8/30/2014 changed skilltree
  • 8/29/2014 added "Tip for leveling"
  • 8/28/2014 changed skilltree (lvl95, 113point) & gem setting
  • 8/25/2014 added "DPS on different item setting" (feedback)
  • 8/21/2014 updated for 1.2 patch
  • 8/9/2014 Shaco play video uploaded
  • 7/31/2014 added explanation of Faster Attacks & Faster Projectiles

My build got buffed since 1.2 Patch. My build is not negatively affected by any changes from 1.2 such as skill gem re-balance, unique re-design etc. The positive aspect of 1.2 patch to my build is that I am able to obtain 14% increased attack block.
In order to complete my patch 1.2 build, you need to be level 95, which is 113 points.

what is changed in Patch 1.2

1.1.5 → 1.2

• st :: 60 → 80
  • dex :: 120 → 110
  • int :: 160 → 210
  • crit chance :: 350% → 380%
  • crit multiplier :: 196% → 176%
  • physical dmg :: 255% → 261%
  • attack speed :: 64% → 84%
  • accuracy :: 20% → 56%
  • aura effect :: 34% → 26%
  • attack block :: 17% → 31%

The motto of this build is "Kill before being hit"

• This build raises the maximal damage output, just taking the minimal defense you need.
  • You can get rid of unique monsters and bosses in a moment.
  • Because you won't be restricted by gear setting, you will feel great about the increasing DPS of your character whenever you get better equipments.
  • Using three different active skills like Dualstrike, Spectral Throw and Flicker Strike, you never get bored with the gameplay.
  • Uber Atziri viable
  • Try it out if you want the highest DPS.

Expensive equipments. To get decent DPS, you will basically need Bino's Kitchen Knife + 6link ar/es chest.[/li]
  • Because of your high DPS, physical reflect tear you apart until you get Atziri's Acuity Vaal Gauntlets.
  • Without ES gears, you have difficulty in leveling.
  • This build's viability in Hardcore league is proven to be viable by my viewers who tried. However, since I did not try this build in hardcore, I am unable to give you an definate answer in regards to viability in Hardcore.

This guide is for the people who has Atziri's Acuity.
If you don't have Acuity, check the passive tree in the next section.

9/15/2014 Updated
From recent updates, there were few changes for passive skill tree.

9/23/2014 Updated
I have changed Additional Accuracy gem from dual strike links to Faster Attacks.
By doing this, chance to hit decreases from 92% to 82% and crit chance drops about 2%, but the increase of attack speed will raise your overall DPS.
I believe additional accuracy is better by increasing accuracy with crit chance, but if you want to raise your tool tip's dps more, use faster attacks.

latest 9/23/2014

skill tree

If you equip acuity, you no longer needs Vaal Pact, so we can take out all the nodes to the VP.
However, if you don't have enough resistance from your items, you should keep the all resist nodes.

If you delete VP, you will get extra 15 points, and there for we can get charisma node.
If we get charisma, we can use Herald of Ash to boost our dps.
For the High-End passive nodes, at level 95, with 113 points you can get all the nodes.
Rest points are up to you guys.

gem setting

By using the Herald of Ash gem, there is no longer empty socket.
In "Blood Rage - Enhance - Increased Duration" Link, we can replace Enahnce to Temporal Chains or Vaal Double Strike.

Skill tree for Shadow

Many people asked if this build is doable with Shadow.
The basic guide skill tree takes VP, and by starting from shadow, you will have to get unnecessary points, so I do not recommand it.
However, for the High-End skill tree, you should be fine with Shadow.

I personally prefer Shadow's look, but Start playing with Scion to grab Vaal pact and Unwavering Stance Keystone.
You are wasting too many skill points to grab both vaal pact and unwavering stance keystone with Shadow class.

You don't necessarily need Atziri glove to get high DPS
Surely, Atziri's Acuity Vaal Gauntlets is needed for physical damage reflection mobs, but it is not recommended to be purchased before you acquire other core items since the cost is extremely high.
Vaal pact can be removed from nod after you acquire Atziri's Acuity Vaal Gauntlets.

Unwavering Stance is essential for those who are leveling or having difficulties with having enough dps. Therefore, until you can firmly say that I will not get stunned without US, this is mandatory node to get.

8/21/2014 Updated
Below skill tree is the end-game skill tree. My end game skill tree does not contain Unwavering Stance. If you believe that Unwavering Stance is in great need, just get rid of 6 points from nodes and get Unwavering Stance. I still strongly recommend you guys to acquire Unwavering Stance while leveling.

8/30/2014 Updated
I could get more ES & all resistance & evasion rating by taking Void Barrier. I didn't notice...sorry :(
So, finally I got 2% ES, 8% all resistance, 26% evasion rating more!!
Thanks DarkMass for telling!

9/15/2014 Updated
basic passive skill tree has be adjusted to match high-end skill tree.

Skill tree

Unique

The very first item that you should aim for is "Bino's Kitchen Knife"
Bino's Kitchen Knife is the most cost-efficient item and can be used from beginning till the end-game.

Abyssus
This is a "double-edged sword" item. While you are able to get a substaintial boost in Physical damage, your physical damage taken increases accordingly. It is only recommended to be used in instances where you feel safe.

Maligaro's Virtuosity
Cost efficient glove that can be until acquiring Acuity Vaal Gauntlets.

Rainbowstride
Rainbowstride is the something that you can consider it as an end-game gear.

Dream Fragments
Since we are vulnerable to frozen skills, it is recommended to acquire Dream Fragments.

doryani's invitation
This belt is good for pdps & all resi.

The build works efficiently well with mirrored gears listed on next thread
Having ar/es mirrored chest would benefit you most to progress this build.

Mirror service

For AoE attack, i'm using Spectral Throw with LMP and Faster Attacks, but not using Faster Projectiles because it increases the range of ST, you might be killed by physical reflect out of your sight. So I don't link Faster Projectiles to ST, and I don't have to face the situation I can't handle. If you have Atziri's Acuity Vaal Gauntlets, you can use Faster Projectiles gem because you don't have to worry about reflect mod.

Click the image to see a larger version:

8/28/2014 Updated
I've changed skill gem settings due to the 1.2 patch since mobs' defense and attack damage got increased. In order to increase the survivability more, I have put down increased duration linked with immortal call.
By doing this, we cannot use curse on damage taken. To fix this, since there is one socket left in the helm, I decided to use curse by casting myself.
I have also changed the position of gems, since we are going for the mirror items, having a GGGB on boots will let us make easy to get socket colors on gloves and helm.

9/23/2014 Updated
I have changed Additional Accuracy gem from dual strike links to Faster Attacks.
By doing this, chance to hit decreases from 92% to 82% and crit chance drops about 2%, but the increase of attack speed will raise your overall DPS.
I believe additional accuracy is better by increasing accuracy with crit chance, but if you want to raise your tool tip's dps more, use faster attacks.

Vaal Haste setting

• all kill - help Kraityn (attack speed 8%) - help Alira (powercharge)

Many people said that it's hard to level up with this build, and it was hard for me as well.
So, I suggest getting a ES shield and use double strike instead.
There is no passive tree difference, and you can just use dual strike's tree and gem setting, then change back later.

If you do this, your dps will go down a bit, but you'll have decent amount of ES to help your leveling.
For me, I was able to raise my ES from 5882 to 7560 by equipping the below shield.
Since double strike is similar melee skill as dual strike, you will be able to learn your play style.

If you want to play even more safer without changing the passive tree, use double strie & ES shield.
If you want to start dual strike from beginning check the next category's tip.
Don't forget to level up dual strike when you are using double strike.

DPS

This tip is for the people who wants to play Dualwielding from beginnning.
If you want to play without changing the passive tree, check the above Tip "about DS & ES shield."

Many ppl ask me novice stkill tree. So I introduce the tip about life base skilltree.
If you go for life base first, it's more easy to leveling.

life base skilltree for beginners by RainCat

"
RainCat wrote:
So how to get leveling with this guide?

It is difficult to play for beginners

When you want to leveling with this guide you need these gears can be easily played

Spoiler

and here is the passives you need to take :

When your level 65, and you get an 5L es 300+ armor,respect your point and take CI,Ghost reaver and Vaal pact

Notice : In my leveling guide, I never take Unwavering Stance. So you better to get these :

When your level 80, Congratulations! you can run with your char and get passives like Sando's

For end game daggers, there are Loath Bane and Honour Etcher.
Below screenshot shows the dps for two Loath Bane. 3580 is not that huge dps difference, but if you want to increase your dps a bit more, I suggest equipping two Loath Bane.

screenshot

Why wouldn't you proceed with low-life build?
By using shav and coe, you could increase your dps through using various auras (anger,wrath,haste etc).
However, since my build is aimed to use dual-weapon instead of weapon+energy shield, proceeding with low-life will result in extremely low amount of total energy shield. (ar/es helmet can be used for certain situation)
And there are the other couple of reasons. First, having Chaos Inoculation applies you to have dmg on full life, it means you will always hold 1/1 life on any situation which also works as full-life. Second you get extra crit-multiplier on Abyssus and this allows you to boost insane amount of dps.

With all these gear setup I listed, you will have pretty low amount of energy shield.
If that doesn't suit your play-style go with ar/es helm but this lowers tons of damage so at the end you will have to pick one, it's either risky side with extra damage or non-risky side with lower damage. It's on your personal taste.

Which node should I go for when I start this build?
It is better to get es nodes first because of survivability. Other nodes are dps nodes, so get them whenever you need to.

When should I get CI?
picking CI without any es gear is not viable to play so play different character to collect some currency until you can afford es gear or you can start up hp base character first then respec it to C.I later. With all those merciless quests you will have more than enough to respec. Once you think you can reach 3500 es with es gear, respec it to C.I.

Is it better to take US first?
As all of us face with different level/speed of item farming progression, the order of giving points to certain nodes should vary. For example, if you are not having problems with getting stunned often, you could probably hold on to giving point in Unwavering Stance node and invest that point into other nodes. (FYI, I highly recommend giving point to US around act 3 merciless). While you level, the impact that each skill node gives is quite minimal with an exception of few significant nodes; therfore you probably do not need to worry about it too much. If you ultimately aim to proceed with energy shield, i still recommend taking energy shield nodes along with few life nodes while leveling. Even if it is difficult to level with energy shield nodes, it will be even more difficult to alter your skill tree later on if you don't grab energy shield nodes as you level.

Can you suggest any armour setting?
Since we are not getting any armour nodes in passive tree, we have to rely our armour from items. Not even it will be dangerous to face high physical damage monsters, but we also have to consider physical reflex mobs. By getting armour/es equipments, we are able to get some lacking armour.

I am in the process of making 1.4m+ dps DualStrike build.
If you want to view 500k dps DualStrike build please refer to below link.

DPS. 1.4m+ 9/22/2014 ~

Gear

Thx for your feedbacks!

madeinkorea

"
madeinkorea wrote:
Holy amaze-balls. This build is insanely detailed and fan-bloody-tastic.
Its so great that rng gesus has blessed me with 6Ls and successfully getting the right colour on my chest :)

I am level 75 shado now, took me average 3 days [4 hours a day levelling and an hour for trading] to get to where i am. i know he recommended us not to do shadow unless you havw atziri gloves but honey badger doesnt give a s#*#cion ;)

I could farm dominus at level 68 as soon as i converted to CI, and literally took me 5seconds to kill... dem loots tho

Just before i logged off this morning, I have finally hit 200k dps with dual strike with all the buffs on (excludes vaal haste). But i still havent got the dagger nodes under shadow. So when i hit around level 80 mark. I will probably have another 250k dps with my current gears)

Im only gotta get better and stronger o.o i still need a better ring and an amulet, gotta get me higher es or es/armour chest piece, better daggers (just craft one with multi-craft mod on, and you will have 300+ dps dagger easy...) once i craft these two daggers i will easily hit 300k dps at level 80 like no ones business.

im just running really low with my currency atm just cause i got side tracked and bought mw kaoms chest and shoes with two lori's rings to make myself look cool :) but im going to run two clients for more dominus farm to save me some currencies so i can buy honour etcher.

If sando let me i might get me uber set and ask him for uber service to get me gloves (chance has been lowered from the previous patch updates but i know my character is blessed after getting 3 6linked items under 300 fusings...

In conclusion
1. shadow is viable with not so much currencies funded (most picked up and made or even farmed to get them - could be challenging for first time ever player. Welcome :)
2. You kill stuff before they kill you or even have chance stun you (such as rhoas and charging soldiers)
3. You can kill any boss. I MEAN ANYTHING, rouge exiles?!? Pfft 1v1 me any day mate.
4. People say you need to be really funded to play as CI. lIES!! Just invest a little more time on farming and pray to RNGesus for drops ;)
5. Anyone can hit 200k dps at level 75 or even waayyy before that :)
6. 3.5k energy shield may not be enough for huge bosses [well actually atziri bosses only] im more scared of the white and other mobs than the boss
7. Super easy to cap your res. No meed to run ele aura. Armour and or evasions can help but if you dont have any dont worry, have potions 24/7. They are up before you know it.
8. Fast mapping and clearing speed (but make sure you know what youre doing, never be that guy.. "leeeeroooooyyy jennnkins"
9. Be amazed what you can do/hit compare to your party members.
10. More levels = more passives = more dps !

Just to make myself clear i only hit a fraction of what sando is hitting. Why? Because look at his gears and items.. 3 mirrored items + atziri gloves and almost perfected everything else...
Mine? All my items wont even buy a half of a mirror... (not that you can buy half lel)

Here are my items so far. Please dont judge me saying i have shtty gears. Cause i know i do..

Easy game. Easy life.
Dont worry. Be happy
Hakuna-matata

P.s. thank you sando for this fab guide and thank you for the crafting Services ;) he is very genwrous and does it for free ! Just ask him nicely when hes not doing much (atziri or mapping whatever hes doing).
P.p.s. i watched his stream from idk how long but till around 8am NZT. Just cause he enjoyed taliing to me lel, such a nice guy 'no homo'

Thanks again and i will update my look and screenshots later

This is data for the other people who are using this same build. By looking at their item settings, you can estimate how much dps you can make. Thanks again for the people who gave feedbacks!

CheckMarker

"
CheckMarker wrote:
i follow he's build.

My gear Weopon -

Armour -

Acc -

& my dps - In town 131866 [ 131k ]
- full burffs 308095 [ 308k ]
ES - 4060

my ES so low but i can kill Atziri

RainCat

"
RainCat wrote:
Forsaken masters let my DD build gone..
so I sold all of my gears and start new tree with my lvl 83 scion based on his guide
first i get something worse gear like this :

they were all in my stash and use these gear stats are :
3.1k ES - Resis: 72/80+/80+
DPS in town : 93.7K DS - 4.3k ST
DPS with hatred : 132.8K DS - 6.1K ST
DPS with hatred + charges : 181.9K DS - 8.3K ST
DPS with hatred + charges + Flask : 218.1K DS - 10K ST

and now i get these gears :

stats are :
4.4k ES - Resis: 79/80+/80+
DPS in town : 158.74K DS - 8.2K ST
DPS with hatred : 224.8K DS - 11.6K ST
DPS with hatred + charges : 306K DS - 16.4K ST
DPS with hatred + charges + Flask : 366.9K DS - 19.7K ST

That's so strong to "Delete" Bosses and cheap to setting gears to get higher DPS and I never played like this guide. thanks for Sando XD

I Killed Atziri today use these gear!!

zKR1

"
zKR1 wrote:
I just sold all my gear to start new tree with my lvl 89 scion based on his guide and its so awesome <3 Stats are :
4.7k ES - Resis: 80+/80+/80+
DPS in town : 366.9K Dual strike - 18.8k SpecThrow
DPS with hatred + charges : 742K Dual Strike - 38.6K SpecThrow
DPS with hatred + charges + Flask : 904K Dual Strike - 47K SpecThrow

THX A LOT FOR SHARING SANDO <3

* IGN :: Sando
* Stream :: twitch.tv/pfmesando
* Sando's Dual Strike Scion Guide :: view-thread/982505
* Sando's Necro Explosive Arrow Shadow Guide :: view-thread/1095772
* Korean Community :: eyeofleopard.com
Last edited by sando on Feb 19, 2015, 8:05:23 AM
Hey there

Im trying to figure out a build to be playing when the NeXT Leagues are comming.

Ive always wanted to play as a CI user but the gear req for it just seems to hard to manage at the start of a new League. Do you have any ideas in how to manage lesser viable items at the start to be able to go CI ?

My favoured attacks are stuff like reave, double/dual strike, flicker.
So i was wondering if you think it would be viable to start out with CI or if u maybe had an idea to tweeking to the build to not go CI at the begining, maybe evasion or armor ?

Best Regards
Noc
IGN: Iznogood / IceIce_bby
oldscool Ci/critDagger/GR/VP
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
"
Noctorious wrote:
Hey there

Im trying to figure out a build to be playing when the NeXT Leagues are comming.

Ive always wanted to play as a CI user but the gear req for it just seems to hard to manage at the start of a new League. Do you have any ideas in how to manage lesser viable items at the start to be able to go CI ?

My favoured attacks are stuff like reave, double/dual strike, flicker.
So i was wondering if you think it would be viable to start out with CI or if u maybe had an idea to tweeking to the build to not go CI at the begining, maybe evasion or armor ?

Best Regards
Noc

picking CI without any es gear is not viable to play so play different character to collect some currency until you can afford es gear or you can start up hp base character first then respec it to C.I later. With all those merciless quests you will have more than enough to respec. Once you think you can reach 3500 es with es gear, respec it to C.I.
How did your leveling go?

I have a level 83 scion but I don't feel like spending the currency for a full respec and selling gear atm.

Do you go for all ES gear or a mixture?

I'm currently going with any ES i can find with phys dmg on belt, hp rings and 2 daggers
reave/spec throw for aoe clear and dualstrike.
going straight down the to unwavering stance to get it, or should I grab the AS nodes and on, first?
Creator
"
sSasori wrote:
How did your leveling go?

I have a level 83 scion but I don't feel like spending the currency for a full respec and selling gear atm.

Do you go for all ES gear or a mixture?

I'm currently going with any ES i can find with phys dmg on belt, hp rings and 2 daggers
reave/spec throw for aoe clear and dualstrike.
going straight down the to unwavering stance to get it, or should I grab the AS nodes and on, first?

As all of us face with different level/speed of item farming progression, the order of giving points to certain nodes should vary. For example, if you are not having problems with getting stunned often, you could probably hold on to giving point in Unwavering Stance node and invest that point into other nodes. (FYI, I highly recommend giving point to US around act 3 merciless). While you level, the impact that each skill node gives is quite minimal with an exception of few significant nodes; therfore you probably do not need to worry about it too much. If you ultimately aim to proceed with energy shield, i still recommend taking energy shield nodes along with few life nodes while leveling. Even if it is difficult to level with energy shield nodes, it will be even more difficult to alter your skill tree later on if you don't grab energy shield nodes as you level.
From watching your stream, this build is unplayable if you want to level. Takes glass cannon to the next level.
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
Hi I download the game with steam account and now I cant logout.My friend give me his account to play with scion but I must log in but I cant when I cant logout.Can u tell me how to log out or I must download the game from the real site?
added explanation of Faster Attacks & Faster Projectiles
I am starting to having a hardtime leveling now, i am level 55 scion with kinda decent gear but i am glass-cannon as fu*k. Sort off the moment i get one hit my energy shield is down and then i am dead becuase of 1 life node.. :<

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info