A Fair Middle Ground for the Barter vs AH Argument

"
Spysong192 wrote:

Do you confuse me with someone else?

The sentence was marked as a question. And i questioned that because i don´t get how the buyer finally gets the buyed item. Than i wanted to make sure that with your system there is no problem with timezones because that´s a problem with trading right now - that both people have to be online at the same time.

Oh, I think I may have confused you with the other guy. Sorry about that.

EDIT: I thought I'd just clarify it anyway.

1. A seller posts an item and logs off.

2. A buyer sees that item and makes an offer, then logs off.

3. The seller logs on, see the offer, and accepts.

4. The system automatically exchanges the items for the players.

This makes it so you don't have to deal with the fuss of completing a transaction via whispers if the seller doesn't play at the same times that you do. You can just make an offer via a window that you can drag and drop items into, and he can see it when the offer is made (or when he logs on), and accept/reject it.
Last edited by AlbinosaurusRex on Jul 26, 2014, 7:06:30 PM
Ok now i get it. Somehow was missing point 4. xD All good now.^^
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
"
Spysong192 wrote:
Ok now i get it. Somehow was missing point 4. xD All good now.^^

Good. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
"
"
Spysong192 wrote:

Do you confuse me with someone else?

The sentence was marked as a question. And i questioned that because i don´t get how the buyer finally gets the buyed item. Than i wanted to make sure that with your system there is no problem with timezones because that´s a problem with trading right now - that both people have to be online at the same time.

Oh, I think I may have confused you with the other guy. Sorry about that.

EDIT: I thought I'd just clarify it anyway.

1. A seller posts an item and logs off.

2. A buyer sees that item and makes an offer, then logs off.

3. The seller logs on, see the offer, and accepts.

4. The system automatically exchanges the items for the players.

This makes it so you don't have to deal with the fuss of completing a transaction via whispers if the seller doesn't play at the same times that you do. You can just make an offer via a window that you can drag and drop items into, and he can see it when the offer is made (or when he logs on), and accept/reject it.

With the pace of level progression it would be totally useless for level 1 to 60 if the player isn't online. That's the reason why when i'm looking on poe.xyz i only look at online player and ignore the rest.

I'm all for an auction system but making it so that anyone can sell/buy stuff when he's not online would save lot for time for everyone.

And that's my primary goal when i'm trading, gaining time.

As for the auction system it's not even that.. i want a tool that permit to make direct buy/sell, first come first serve.
I understand, and even agree with you, but it's simply not going to happen. GGG refuses to implement a "traditional" AH. That said, the solution I proposed allows you to see if players are online, and you can still choose to only trade with online players (saving time) if you want to.

If neither side is willing to make concessions, it's unlikely that anyone will get anything. I would rather have something that provides 80% of the benefits of an AH than continue with 100% of the problems that go into the current system.
If you add an option for buyout:

1/ Player see an item that he like and buy it.

2/ System make the exchange.

And if the player have not put a buyout, then the interested buyer put an offer and we follow with your idea.
"
rarylith wrote:
If you add an option for buyout:

1/ Player see an item that he like and buy it.

2/ System make the exchange.

And if the player have not put a buyout, then the interested buyer put an offer and we follow with your idea.

If that's how you want to do it, you can just list your item as "Buyout only" on your note.
I'd appreciate some actual input on how to improve this proposal instead of just asking for it to be extremely favoring one side or the other.
It's been a couple days, so... bump.
"
It's been a couple days, so... bump.

Bump for what?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info