Very sad :(

"
VictorDoom wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
but you pay no rent? I call shenanigans

The apartment is mine, wretch, how fucking hard is that to grasp?

im not a squatter lol...

anyway to put shit in perspective mate, minmum wage in my country, on which a lot of people live with is around 250$ a month.

so either you payed for it( in which case your getting by on 400$ a month is bullshit) or it was given to you( in which case saying you can get by on 400$ a month is accurate but not being honest about the real circumstances).

Either way, your original statement doesn't hold water.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Jul 25, 2014, 2:55:06 PM
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
VictorDoom wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
but you pay no rent? I call shenanigans

The apartment is mine, wretch, how fucking hard is that to grasp?

im not a squatter lol...

anyway to put shit in perspective mate, minmum wage in my country, on which a lot of people live with is around 250$ a month.

so either you payed for it( in which case your getting by on 400$ a month is bullshit) or it was given to you( in which case saying you can get by on 400$ a month is accurate but not dishonest).

Either way, your original statement doesn't hold water.

It was given to me by my parents, i dont know exactly why this matters.

Im telling you honestly, living in a 2nd world country and making 400$ a month is not that horrible, it could be a lot fucking worse. Food, beer, cigs, bills in general are cheap as shit compared to the western world, in my country a pack of cigs is 4$, a beer is around 1$ in a pub, youll get smashed with around 15-20$, about 200$ a month on good food(not the cheap shit) easily. A clmbing trip costs me around 6$ since we split the gas bill.

Its just buying stuff like computer games, computers,cameras,climbing equpiment, car etc. that sucks ass. But living is not that difficult.

And im pretty sure it does hold water. Honestly youre arguing with me on a subject you have No clue about, youve never lived here, you dont know how much shit costs here and how one has no problems getting by with 400$ a month.

I dont even understand why would you argue with me on this subject you know nothing about, why would i lie dude?
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Jul 25, 2014, 3:09:53 PM
Have you ever had to pay rent?

it matters because as someone who does and has for years, I can tell you my life would be quite different if parents had given me an apartment from the get-go. Most of my money goes to paying rent, like most people.

Im not knocking you for that, its a good thing, if I had a place given to me I would take it in a heartbeat. Take into consideration though that that's a huge chunk of expenses you can just personally avoid, regardless of where in the world you live and what things cost.

To call bullshit on someone who cant afford a new mouse because he has a 400$/Month income, in your position, is not exactly fair by comparison?
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:
Have you ever had to pay rent?

it matters because as someone who does and has for years, I can tell you my life would be quite different if parents had given me an apartment from the get-go. Most of my money goes to paying rent, like most people.

Im not knocking you for that, its a good thing, if I had a place given to me I would take it in a heartbeat. Take into consideration though that that's a huge chunk of expenses you can just personally avoid, regardless of where in the world you live and what things cost.

To call bullshit on someone who cant afford a new mouse because he has a 400$/Month income, in your position, is not exactly fair by comparison?

I know people who live with a lot less than me and also pay rent, theyre still alive and they still come out for drinks at least once a week, seriously dude, its not that difficult. The only thing that would excuse OPs whining would be that he lives in a country where food and rent is extremely expensive and those 4$ could literally help him survive

Nowdays everyone whines and its pissing me off, if i wanted to whine i could write up a fucking novel about all the shit thats happened to me and how hard it is to work as a car mechanic.It could be a lot worse than it is mate, work hard and study hard,youll be happy and youll always get what you want

I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Jul 25, 2014, 3:36:09 PM
Victor wtf it's like you're new to being eastern european on the interwebz. People compare themselves to their immediate surroundings, if we told them what we pay for petrol they'd send human aid airplanes lol. And let's be honest, at least our alcohol in the pubs is somewhat cheaper.

I got a good mate in Utah, he complained that he's borderline poor and I told him my hourly wage and some prices we got, dude got shellshocked. BUT! I don't have kids so that could change the perspective.

I embraced being a poor fuck from a developing country but I try not to prove anything to my western buddies because all of sudden some tribal dude from Etiopia could have me REKT in that field.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
Bit of perspective.

Gallon of milk: $6
Loaf of Bread: $5
Six pack of eggs: $1.50
Drinkable Water: $35 a month - (Can't drink tap water in this town. Its poison.)
Pack of Cigs: $7 - $9 - I don't smoke.

Total income for the month of July: $288 (bad month)

Just so you all know. I did order a new mouse. But because of it, I will be eating very little for the next few weeks. But I am unable to manage my failing online business without one, so I do not really have the luxury of not buying a mouse.

I do not own a car, insurance would cost over 50% of my income. I can't drink alcohol, I cant smoke. I do not have medical or dental insurance. Going to a doctor or dentist is not a reality for someone in my situation. There are tons of things in life that I have to sacrifice just to eat.

I am not complaining about it, nor have I begged for money. I was just simply stating that I am frustrated. Its a frustrating situation. What is even more frustrating is when ppl tell you that you are full of BS just because they have never experienced poverty. I have no reason to lie. Its not like I stand to gain or loose anything by making this thread.
In the last 15 years iv had car insurance for only 2 of those years. Its illegal to drive uninsured but cops arent connected to the insurance companies, but you DO need current license plates. When ya get pulled over just give them an old proof of insurance and tell them you cant find the new one, it often works.

Iv paid something like 150$ in no insurance tickets. Had i been paying for insurance that entire time it would be closer to 5 grand.

Just whatever you do, dont get in an accident! Im the safest driver i know:)

And a tip for eating on the cheap: potatoes! Ramen noodles and mac and cheese get old after a few hundred packs. But potatoes can be prepared in so many ways they never get old. And they cost like a dime each. Almost forgot, jumbo marshmallows are 90 calories each. 3800 calories for a 1.50 is damn efficient. Roast em over a candle, but dont go full on marshmallow inferno.

As for money in general. Iv never been as happy as i am when im poor. Work just grinds your ass down and saps the life out of you through conformity and pressure. Its fairly common for people whom have never been out of a job to look at someone poor and think its so terrible. But i look at people working and think the same thing about them. They do not know the tranquility that comes when all responsibility is off your shoulders. They do not know the bliss of true freedom. I think housewives have been hiding this secret for a very long time.

Dont get me wrong though. Im not saying everyone should just go full bum. But if you live frugally, you only need to work less than 2 years out of 3. Our culture promotes so much wasteful spending, its a shame people value 'things' with such regard.

As for he mouse: have you tried fixing it? Gum, tape, or molten plastic can do just about anything.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Last edited by SkyCore on Jul 26, 2014, 7:36:42 AM
I finally caught the sneaky mouse that has been existing in our house for the last couple of weeks.

I resorted to trapping it. I took a karma hit when the trap snapped shut snuffing out a life unfulfilled. The disposal process wasn't too pleasant for anyone involved, least of all the recently departed mouse.

On topic: I hope you succeed at your internet business, whatever that may be.

"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info