Very sad :(

"
ntall1 wrote:
"
Xeon8 wrote:
"
ntall1 wrote:
I live in a small town in New Mexico. Its almost impossible to make money here. I make less than $400 a month from a failing small online business, and the tiny amount of work to be found locally. So 4$ is usually my food budget for a week, supplemented with what I grow in my garden.

I also choose not to accept state aid for personal reasons that I will not get into. Pretty much 90% of my small town is on multiple forms of state aid or they would not be eating either.

My suggestion to you then is to cancel your internet (if you're paying for it), save that money for a couple months and move somewhere with jobs. If you are a hard worker, you can take a train up here to ND and find a job in the oil patch making probably $1000 a week with no skills. I don't work for an oil company, but I have seen first hand the salaries those companies are throwing around up here.

Also, my hats off to you for not accepting state aid.

Considering that my Online Business is what generates 90% of my income. It would be a pretty dumb move on my part to cancel my internet.

An online business should have money set aside for repairs or maintenance to your online hardware. A new mouse should be part of this budget :)

adania/93 --- ElementalNecro/91 --- GwanSauceMan/90
ScionFakeWitch/88 --- WikiWikiWitch/87 --- LArrowToTheKnee/83
Lethal_Injection/80
[b color="#FE2EC8"][b color="#FFAC12"][/b]
Last edited by adania on Jul 24, 2014, 5:25:20 PM
They just bite the hook, don't they ?
Anyway, you did a factual mistake, you've been revealed mofo :)

6/10 you got potential
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
torturo wrote:

6/10 you got potential

which mistake is that...
Page 2 is getting interesting
8/8 Challenges Anarchy/Onslaught
8/8 Challenges Domination/Nemesis
8/8 Challenges Ambush/Invasion

IGN: @Mob_Barley
"
ntall1 wrote:
I live in a small town in New Mexico. Its almost impossible to make money here. I make less than $400 a month from a failing small online business, and the tiny amount of work to be found locally. So 4$ is usually my food budget for a week, supplemented with what I grow in my garden.

I know what you're talking about. I'm from the EU, I used to live in a small village for almost 3 years until I finally moved to a city closer to the capital. I have to say that the difference in the salaries are insane. I know people who work their asses off to feed their families and I'm wondering how the fuck could I live like that.

Some people who work for about 350 usd a month, some for 450 usd (which is a starting salary where I came from). Now I moved, doing the same thing as 3 years ago for 1200 usd a month. That's like 3 times what I used to make. And it's still nothing like what people make in a western country or in our capital city. That's why I decided to move there later this year.

Oh the funniest thing is, I remember a member of our parlaiment saying "you can ensure your livelihood with 210 usd/month". What a fucking joke.

Sorry for the rant. I hope you'll eventually be able to move to a financially safer place.

"just for try, for see and for know"
Last edited by komlosi on Jul 24, 2014, 6:19:24 PM
If you are making $400 a month you should be spending your time not playing games but doing something else.
I don't even know why this thread's in a game's general discussion.

But there's people around the world mostly in third world countries who are feeding their families & surviving under $10 a month. I have seen it & lived amongst them (until i was 17 & my parents took a loan & sent me to UK for degree, now i'm in Canada doing masters) being a citizen of third world country myself.

And those people living such simple life are the most hard working people i have seen in the world. They have the longest working day & do the heaviest labour work, yet they have a huge smile & humble all the time. Just by luck or chance they were born in a poor family & never get to go to school or afford to pay for any skilled training to move up from financial situation.

Even $400/ month is very lucky as its the around the average salary around the planet, which puts you ahead or equal to 3 billion people.
You are depressed. Leave that place and live your life a bit. You won´t regret.
Waiting on the reveal on the troll.
"
torturo wrote:

6/10 you got potential

Please let us know super sleuth
IGN: Grave_Intentions
$$$ Grave Intentions Flame Totem MFarmer: I'm Cheap 'n' Easy $$$
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/979802

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info