Expansion Speculation

Could be that they're all characters from the purity rebellion?

Meanwhile, outside the Imperial Court and thaumaturgists' laboratories, discontent grew. A movement named the Purity Rebellion sought to overthrow Emperor Chitus and destroy the thaumaturgists and their Gemlings[53]. The Purity Rebellion was led by

High Templar Voll, the overall leader.
Victario, the People's Poet.
Lord Mayor Ondar of Sarn.
Archbishop Geofri of Phrecia.
Governor Kastov of Stridevolf.
Commander Adus of Highgate.

The Purity Rebellion sought help in many places:

Victario raised support among the common citizens of the Empire[54]
Victario sought help from Thane Rigwald of Ezomyr, perhaps a vassal nation[55].
Voll sought help from King Kaom of the Karui[56]
Voll also sought help from Sekhema Deshret of the Maraketh[57].

Either that, or the marauder shown there is not koam but actually Erqi, referenced in the item desc for marohi. Though that'd be a little odd.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
"
Wooser69 wrote:
Could be that they're all characters from the purity rebellion?

Meanwhile, outside the Imperial Court and thaumaturgists' laboratories, discontent grew. A movement named the Purity Rebellion sought to overthrow Emperor Chitus and destroy the thaumaturgists and their Gemlings[53]. The Purity Rebellion was led by

High Templar Voll, the overall leader.
Victario, the People's Poet.
Lord Mayor Ondar of Sarn.
Archbishop Geofri of Phrecia.
Governor Kastov of Stridevolf.
Commander Adus of Highgate.

The Purity Rebellion sought help in many places:

Victario raised support among the common citizens of the Empire[54]
Victario sought help from Thane Rigwald of Ezomyr, perhaps a vassal nation[55].
Voll sought help from King Kaom of the Karui[56]
Voll also sought help from Sekhema Deshret of the Maraketh[57].

Either that, or the marauder shown there is not koam but actually Erqi, referenced in the item desc for marohi. Though that'd be a little odd.

That would be interesting, give more explanation of the rebellion, and (hopefully) the catastrophe that occurred at its end, causing Wraeclast to be as it is. In any case, looks like we're getting a ton more lore. For me at least, VERY GOOD THING.
The obvious thing to point out: Mercenaries.

At least as far as a little helper buddy while you're on specific quests.
Been wondering this, what do you GGG guys think of us speculators? Like, do you enjoy our sillyness and like reading what is going through our heads, or do you go "oh dear, they are so, so wrong"?

More speculation, don't think we'll be getting mercenaries, but perhaps new "past" quests, involving events in the past or something, experiencing the rebellion first hand.
"
HasuKishi wrote:
Been wondering this, what do you GGG guys think of us speculators? Like, do you enjoy our sillyness and like reading what is going through our heads, or do you go "oh dear, they are so, so wrong"?

More speculation, don't think we'll be getting mercenaries, but perhaps new "past" quests, involving events in the past or something, experiencing the rebellion first hand.

I doubt it, chris said that while the comic is going to be about kaom he wont be in the expansion itself. Like with SotV, the lore is there but the expansion is all about the gameplay additions.

What we can be sure on: Kaom and the comic about him are going to matter, so it's very likely the lore of the expansion will be about the purity rebellion. So whatever gameplay mechanics are added, they will be related to that event.

Whatever that might be, I don't know. http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/History_of_Wraeclast#The_Purity_Rebellion_.281333_-_1st_Sacrato_of_Phreci_1334.29 There's not a huge amount to go on.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Last edited by Wooser69 on Jul 23, 2014, 10:59:11 PM
"

That's my hope too - a merc that the player gets to pick their skill points for and has a full gear inventory.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
"
mucker wrote:
"

That's my hope too - a merc that the player gets to pick their skill points for and has a full gear inventory.

I would welcome this tbh. And you can't have them in parties similar to D3's approach to followers.
I love pie.
The last expansion was all about the corruption of the Vaal. We know that the corrupted Vaal areas will become far less common in this expansion, so that would make sense if this one is about the Purity Rebellion and purifying that corruption. Perhaps even leading up to the next expansion after this being a repeat of the Great Cataclysm which leads us to the act 4 area?
"
xSyK0TiC wrote:
"
mucker wrote:
"

I would welcome this tbh. And you can't have them in parties similar to D3's approach to followers.

I'd say treat merc as players, so keep the cap at 6 but mercs take up spots. Chris did say somewhere that the expansion would be aimed at all players rather than just high end like atziri... if solo players using a merc was the equivalent of /players 2 that would be pretty sweet...
When I kill a man he stays dead.
"
zeekidc2 wrote:
"
DestroTheGod wrote:
It's going to be not what anybody expected and a huge community of people will hate it.
There will be a lot of complaining and QQ.
People will whine about 8/8 challenges being too hard.
People will complain about the changes sucking.
People will complain that GGG didn't actually add any content to the game.

It's already started, and to be honest I can't see it stopping. But the league mods will probably be awesome, they seem to get that right for the Softcore league each time. HC will be shafted in some way and they (and maybe even I this time) will complain.
well, i can't add anything else to that list, its just complete.

Desync
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info