Where do they grow?

Hi

Been playing for a while and would like to know where the Exalted Orbs grow.

The ones the game drops as they have to come from somewhere.

I would like to be able to aim for some of the medium to high end priced gear but can't see how to get there unless I grind for the rest of my life.

Cheers
RNG is RNG. 100% True story: I started playing since very early 2013 but I have never seen an ex at all until around 1 month into the Ambush league this year. I played equally about the same time everyday btw. Then all of a sudden I found 6 ex in just 2 weeks in the middle of Ambush.

RNG is RNG
Well PoE is a very grinding oriented game, whether it's farming maps/doms or even grinding trade chat to flip items PoE is centered around grinding/rerolling.

As for making currency you can farm dominus/piety pick up rares and save some for chaos recipe.
Sell rest of the rares for alt shards then convert the alts into chaos, or straight into exalted orb if you can wait for that long.

Also things that may be worth 1c or less pick them up and sell them sure they're not much alone but over time they'll stack up.

If you want something more guaranteed, farm for midnight pieces usually they net less rares/uniques than piety or dom farm but midnight drop rates are fairly decent.

There are obviously more ways to make money but this is just 2 of my favorite ways to do it.
I usually get one in the Hedge Maze map where the Chitus Plum tree is. Try that.
I have only ever seen one drop. It was when I first started - the Rogue Exile league - with my brother. I thought it dropped in Act 1 normal, but he thinks it was Act 3 normal. It wasn't an Act boss or anything special that it dropped from. Neither or us have great memory when we party together, but it was definitely in normal. So just kill kill kill.
"Sing while you may!" -Edward Ka-Spel
They do drop tho not often. Had about 5ex and 5 divines drop tho no ets in 10 months. U wont acquire them from drops...you get them from trading up alts/jews/etc, selling or flipping gear or chaos recipe.
Thanks for the answers.

To trade up to exalts, there first has to be an exalt to be traded. If they are very rare drops where do they come from?

I am guessing they just don't appear.

Cheers
"
365E1 wrote:
Thanks for the answers.

To trade up to exalts, there first has to be an exalt to be traded. If they are very rare drops where do they come from?

I am guessing they just don't appear.

Cheers

Exalteds drop all the time. There are thousands of people playing, if you average 1 exa per 500 hours and there would be 10,000 people playing right now. 20 exalteds would drop every hour on average.
"
365E1 wrote:

Most Exalts come from the RMT sites that deploy thousands of bots to farm all types of orbs.
With the right corruption on a fishing rod, it get's quite easy to get the one or the other exalted...

Spoiler
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Last edited by qwertz on Jul 24, 2014, 4:15:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info