$$$ Grave Intentions Flame Totem MFarmer: I'm Cheap 'n' Easy $$$

Quick question. I need more surviveability.
Right now i can only change my shield.
My current shield:

Should I change it to Ratpih Globe? With this, I will have less ES ~300. Spell block will increase my surviveability even when I will have less ES? Resists doesn't matter, I have overcapted each of them.
First off i want to start by saying thank you for a really cheap, good and fun build.
It is pretty squishy, but even so i was able to solo farm docks at lvl 59, without much trouble by playing "smart".

Secondly, I'm currently level 80 with 391/8 and i was wondering about a few things:

1) How important is the Quantity aspect in Rampage?
I'm asking this because i was thinking of dropping the Perandus Blazon belt for a tri res belt so i can wear a second Andvarius ring. Following what you said about 1IIQ being ~5IIR, i'd still gain a bit more out of it with a high roll Andvarius than from 8IIQ + 34 IIR (current ring).

2) Can we kill Atziri with this build?
I'm talking from a very late-game perspective (lvl 90+ and Shavs).

3) Any general advice for 5-6 linking?
I've read somewhere that the item's quality helps with the links, and i was curious if you have any other advice. Still trying to get my first 5l.
Also, from your experience, is it better to try your luck or use the masters to 5-6 link items?

Last edited by zFn on Sep 12, 2014, 6:32:25 AM
"
zFn wrote:

I've read somewhere that the item's quality helps with the links, and i was curious if you have any other advice. Still trying to get my first 5l.
Also, from your experience, is it better to try your luck or use the masters to 5-6 link items?

My understanding is that if you do try to 5/6 link an item, get 6 sockets first. Either through spamming jewellers or by using master crafting. As for linking however, I believe it is recommended to manually do it, because on the way to a 5-link, you might end up hitting a 6-link instead!
finally got my 4L. Fireball totem multi projectile and fire pen... lvl 62. im slow

going stupid slow but still hitting a raw damage mitigation issue =\
Last edited by qitip on Sep 12, 2014, 11:45:08 AM
"
qitip wrote:
finally got my 4L. Fireball totem multi projectile and fire pen... lvl 62. im slow

going stupid slow but still hitting a raw damage mitigation issue =\

I just hit 65 and haven't noticed any 'slowness' to the build. I fly thru Merc A2 Crypts like it's nothing and my gear is pretty basic. I haven't spent more than ~5 chaos on items.

Gear

I swap around gloves based on if I want the CWDT setup for better physical mitigation or single resist purity auras for better elemental mitigation. My near-term goals are to get rid of Goldrim, integrate the single resist auras full time, add IIR on jewelry, etc.

I sit at ~1.5k ES with ~1.4k tooltip DPS on Flame Totem and ~1.3k DMG on Fire Trap. Stuff still melts around me and I haven't even picked up the big +fire damage cluster north of the Witch starting area.
"
Sagara2001 wrote:
I would like to thank Fri3dchick3m for creating such a friendly build for beginners like myself. I have created a level 75 Low-Life Dual Flame Totems build by following this guide in the Rampage league. I had a lot of fun leveling from 1 to 75 and I’m currently doing level 70-73 maps.

When I was looking through the forum for a build that I can easily learn and play, I found that your build fit my criteria perfectly. I’m an extremely casual player - a few hours a day, 3 to 4 hours on the weekend. I have very little knowledge about the currency exchange rate, I don’t actively trade, I rarely uses the POE.XYZ website, I don’t care about min-max of stats, I don’t really care about finding the right gear/jewelry to max out my resistances in Merciless. In my opinion, your build is just perfect for a casual player like me.

I just want to say thank you so much for creating this wonderful build and being active on the forum with responses.

Here are my gears that I’m currently wearing for 70-73 maps. It’s not the best of gear (I really don’t care/worry about it). I always have a big grin when I managed to clear 70+ maps with it. I was also able to earn the 13th tier of Rampage on the Mountain Ledge Map by “leap frogging” the totems around the whole map.

Feel free to offer suggestions on how to improve my gears (or make fun of it :)).

Spoiler

Flasks:
Spoiler

Link to the build:

The build is very casual-focused - you are right. I am pretty casual myself. Not much time with a wife/baby/career/running a business.. etc.

I would replace the Behemoth ring with something more functional if you can find it. Clearing faaster/safer might make you more $$ than the mf stat :)

Glad you are enjoying this build as much as I do. Save up for your Doryani's!
IGN: Grave_Intentions
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/979802
"
ugiugi wrote:
Quick question. I need more surviveability.
Right now i can only change my shield.
My current shield:

Should I change it to Ratpih Globe? With this, I will have less ES ~300. Spell block will increase my surviveability even when I will have less ES? Resists doesn't matter, I have overcapted each of them.

I would keep the shield as-is. Since you have maxed elemental resists, the spell block would not help you in areas which we need the most help - phys melee damage.

The only time that Rathpith would be a better option is versus phys projectile spells. Easily avoidable situations.

Start making adjustments to your tree as needed also. Grab the ES or life/es nodes if you need a bigger buffer. You can always respect a few points out later once your gear upgrades catch up.
"
zFn wrote:
First off i want to start by saying thank you for a really cheap, good and fun build.
It is pretty squishy, but even so i was able to solo farm docks at lvl 59, without much trouble by playing "smart".

Secondly, I'm currently level 80 with 391/8 and i was wondering about a few things:

1) How important is the Quantity aspect in Rampage?
I'm asking this because i was thinking of dropping the Perandus Blazon belt for a tri res belt so i can wear a second Andvarius ring. Following what you said about 1IIQ being ~5IIR, i'd still gain a bit more out of it with a high roll Andvarius than from 8IIQ + 34 IIR (current ring).

2) Can we kill Atziri with this build?
I'm talking from a very late-game perspective (lvl 90+ and Shavs).

You are welcome :)

1) I have 2 sets of MF configurations I switch up. The first is my 108 Quantity set, and the other is my 542 rarity setup. Not a simple question because YMMV applies in most csses.

If you are in a group, rarity matches nicely with the group quantity bonus. When I solo, and I run full rarity, I get more (trash) uniques, and rares for sure, but the lack raw currency drops is noticeable. When my map pool starts to get low, I stack the quantity and bring it up. When I have too many Wisdom scrolls, I'll stack the rarity.

I would normappy suggest at least 24 quantity, then stack the rarity - but the big bump from an Andvarius might be worth the loss of 7/8 Quantity. Unfortunately (fortunately) the belt helps us support the high Str/Dex requirements of our gems.

2)If I were going to kill Atziri, I would do it with the character I made (fully funded by this char).

Spoiler

Is it possible? I'm not a no-lifer, so for me it's not. But I am sure someone would do it for the challenge in the full dps variant (dual Doryani's Catalysts, Fire Invitation + 1% fire leech corruption on amulet.

3) Buy a second Solaris Lorica and farm your jewelers/fusings/Chroms/Armour Scraps. If you get 6 sockets, great. Bring your 6S armour up to 20% quality for doubling the chance at a 5/6L (0.01 becomes 0.02 chance hah) If you get a 5L, stop and chrom the colours you need.

Once you get a 5L, start farming and BUY a 6L. It will be far cheaper and less time consuming. You may think that 8-10 ex is far away, once you start working the 2chaos recipe, and subsequent sellable drops, you can get that in about a month of very casual play.

Fortune favours the lucky rules do apply here also.
Last edited by Fri3dchick3m on Sep 12, 2014, 6:07:14 PM
Why trap instead of remote mine? doesn't remove mine gives ya more dmg for the snap and you can control de activation?

also.. wouldn't freeze mine be better than all other alternatives?
Last edited by AtomicCB on Sep 12, 2014, 7:00:04 PM
"
Why trap instead of remote mine? doesn't remove mine gives ya more dmg for the snap and you can control de activation?

also.. wouldn't freeze mine be better than all other alternatives?

Mines are placed at your feet. Not helpful if you run into Vaal Totems, or packs of Alchemists or Sin Lord style mobs where you need to soften a target area before it's remotely safe for you or your totems.

This skill is not used for damage of any sort. That's what totems are for. It's only purpose is to freeze an area.
Last edited by Fri3dchick3m on Sep 12, 2014, 10:57:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info