Whats the point of HC if you can just alt+f4?

"
Caedes55 wrote:
I was under the impression that GGG tuned the difficulty of the game to incorporate logging out as a viable strategy. At least that is what I remember them saying.

And that contradicts:

"
Caedes55 wrote:
Anyways if you care, dont altf4, those that do don't effect your gameplay so what is the problem.

If enough players do it and the developer tries to balance around it instead of making it impossible it now affects you too.
HC was not meant to cheat your way out of death.
That is simply silly.

If you make a HC, then you should be aware that death is eminent, always.
Server hickup, network hickup, desyncs, player stupidity, simply bad luck, player stupidity, ...
If you cannot handle death, do not make a HC.

Which is why I always roll a SC.
Prevents me from nagging on the forum.

Solution: remove alt-f4, or 5 second delay.
Also handy for when people are pvp'ing.

Scripts/programs/... that autolog should be a bannable offense, this is per definition true cheating.
If this is allowed, then GGG should also allow Godmode and Dropsystems.
"
Xogroroth wrote:
Scripts/programs/... that autolog should be a bannable offense, this is per definition true cheating.

It is bannable.

Point is ->

If Alt-F4ing make you immortal then no-one in HC would die, you're clearing missing something.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Another softcore player making a thread about this.

Why make such a fuss over something that has zero effect on you.

If someone logging out in a video game bothers you that much, probably need to reflect on how you got this upset over pixels in a video game.

[Removed by Support]

i alt f4 and i am proud of it

alt f4 makes you immortal thats why 1/5 of top 25 hc 1month are dead already and thats why i could survive the torture boss beam...... oh wait
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Jul 23, 2014, 12:32:22 PM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
Xogroroth wrote:

It is bannable.

Point is ->

If Alt-F4ing make you immortal then no-one in HC would die, you're clearing missing something.
I did?
Wasn't OP speaking of the direct-log-out alt-f4?
This is not a correct thing to have, and should be deleayed by at least 5 seconds.

If I missed something, please point out just what I missed, good Sir, because I think I missed it. :P
"
ventiman wrote:
"
Another softcore player making a thread about this.

Why make such a fuss over something that has zero effect on you.

If someone logging out in a video game bothers you that much, probably need to reflect on how you got this upset over pixels in a video game.

[Removed by Support]

i alt f4 and i am proud of it

alt f4 makes you immortal thats why 1/5 of top 25 hc 1month are dead already and thats why i could survive the torture boss beam...... oh wait

It affects the game as a whole.
Insta-log-out is a system that can prevent a death in many a case, and therefor is -by me, at least- considered an exploit.
Whether intended or not, it should not be a possible death-cheat.
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Jul 23, 2014, 12:32:40 PM
Not really, any experienced HC player will tell you that alt-F4 actually makes you die in some cases and you'd survive if you didn't alt-F4.

IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Chundadragon wrote:
Not really, any experienced HC player will tell you that alt-F4 actually makes you die in some cases and you'd survive if you didn't alt-F4.

Yep, takes a while from server toe recognize the client was terminated I guess.

Also, "Exit to character selection" is a lot slower than the other log out.

The logout to log in screen (can't recall how it is worded in-game) is the best option mainly.

Logging out 101
I believe I said in many a case.
It is possible this may also backfire, but I do not think (I am a noob, what can I say) that the backfire ratio vs the saving ratio is the same?

Further on, I think that an experienced player can tell when to use or when to avoid this?
Merely thinking out loud here.
Last edited by Xogroroth on Jul 23, 2014, 5:01:12 AM
Hc is a playstyle. There is no point to it as there is no point to std.

In some games, you cant alt f4. In this one you can. What is the big deal? If you dont like the fact that some people use logout macros pm support and let them know your inner thoughts about this matter.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info