Whats the point of HC if you can just alt+f4?

"
BoltThrower87 wrote:
"
2 second delay before logout/alt f4. Make it happen GGG.

Not a HC player. See where this is going right

What is the point of any difficulty setting in a video game? You can unplug anything, and it has always been like that. I don't get why these dumb ass threads and posts just don't get auto-deleted.

Cuz this is year 2014, not playing donkey kong, sonic, mario, pacman anymore. Games changed, games evolved. This is a online game.

and your post doesnt even make half sense. Whats the point of difficulty settings??? Harder? Unplug? Whats the connection?

When you die, you die. You go SC. Thats the rules GGG set. Not get saved by a damn autoscript.

Oh and you have a 93duelist and your not a HC player?
Last edited by hookeyisgreat on Jul 22, 2014, 5:19:22 PM
2 second delay plz
Delete on death.
The point of hc is...

- to be able to play other content, have different league settings

- die and don't respawn

- have the omnipresent fear and tensitiy of danger, especially at the beginning of new leagues

Of course having a macro makes things easier. But you can still decide wether to use or not to use. This is no discussion with any deeper meaning. Even if you would admit that hc looses its danger with alt+f4, fine...but so what? This is just about personal preference. If you don't like it, play hc without macros. If you see other people using it, why should it bother you? Let them do so...
If you want sc, play it. I play where my friends play. I don't care. I do use a macro, all my friends do. They still die. Me too.

No need to argue about it ;)
What's the point of alt + f4 when you can not turn on the game, alt + f4 forever.

But seriously the entire game is designed around alt + f4, even softcore.

That's why they have mechanics like ultra one shotting monsters because they can't figure out how to make monsters more challenging because they insist on keeping alt + f4.

People been asking for a long time to remove alt + f4 and retune monsters but it's a "intended design" thus logging out before you die is a valid strat.

Also the point of hardcore is to not die by the way, alt + f4 helps that goal quite well.
I've only logged out once to save my hc character, it felt so wrong.

but if people want to do that and GGG says it's fine, then more power to them. It's not affecting me at all.
Another softcore player making a thread about this.

Why make such a fuss over something that has zero effect on you.

If someone logging out in a video game bothers you that much, probably need to reflect on how you got this upset over pixels in a video game.
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Jul 22, 2014, 6:29:00 PM
post suggestions here, pls:

Alt F4 is Cheating? - Solutions!

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/977328
IGN: SeaLaser
Sea Builds, Characters, Shops, Links & Records:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/972683/
Last edited by RoyalStar on Jul 22, 2014, 6:36:51 PM
Simple answer is: there is no point. Anyone who tells you differently is encouraging bad game design.
As stated by GGG, the hardcore difficulty and general game's difficulty is set on the premise that the players can alt+f4.
If they removed that, they would inevitably have to reduce the game's difficulty.

The game is set around the ability to alt+f4. Get over it.
No effect on me when they do it. It does not take away from GGG resources to do anything (SFL, etc). So, who cares?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info