Worried about RMT "posts like these should be BANNED"

"
Nobody is contesting GGG's ownership of the game. That is a bizarre claim and I don't know how making RMT a public discussion = trying to take control of PoE.

The existence of a $250 RMT wand is a black stain on this game. As are the 1000s of bots who have single handedly tanked the value of chaos in standard from 20:1 to 31:1 over the course of a mere 4 months. Along with devaluing all semi-rare to rare uniques in the game.

GGG has stated the economy is the post important aspect of PoE. Given that is the case you think people shouldn't have the right to talk about something that is ruining said economy?

Am I the only one thinking that the existence of a wand for $250 is exactly an evidence that the system GGG proceeds to fight RMT is working? If it was not, we would have the same wand flying around for a much lesser price as RMT sites would have a much easier time to give a great amount of offer. Only people with really loose pockets would spend so much on one item in a game with a meta shifting so often.

So yeah, you can see it one way ore the other. Fact is compared to many other F2P titles you PoE is doing a great deal to limit RMT at its core. Personally I am not for banning customers but that is just a preference which GGG does not share necessarily. They warn RMTers before outright banning them, which is why one does not see them banned too often. No one would be so stupid to make a good target two times and risking to lose everything you bought including or especially MTX.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jul 23, 2014, 10:26:57 AM
"
"
Nobody is contesting GGG's ownership of the game. That is a bizarre claim and I don't know how making RMT a public discussion = trying to take control of PoE.

The existence of a $250 RMT wand is a black stain on this game. As are the 1000s of bots who have single handedly tanked the value of chaos in standard from 20:1 to 31:1 over the course of a mere 4 months. Along with devaluing all semi-rare to rare uniques in the game.

GGG has stated the economy is the post important aspect of PoE. Given that is the case you think people shouldn't have the right to talk about something that is ruining said economy?

I truly think that the New Leagues mess around with the economy of the game far more than the RMT uses. At the start of a new League prices are crazy, but that is the economics of any trade related system, real or game play.

That said why utilize the said 31:1 ratio? Take a stand and trade at the rate you believe is just and fair. If more player take a stand against high ratio's the currency will have to stabilize itself. The trade is as much in your hands as it is in anyone else's.

I can't do that because I am the one selling chaos and stockpiling exalts. If I was the one buying chaos I also wouldn't do that because I would be the one making a loss. Instead I have been selling chaos to divines for 25:1...no clue why that still works given that divines are now commonly sold for ex 1:1 and if a list of uniques that will become legacy comes out before the patch the value of divines jumps all the way to 1:3 ex.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
"
Nightmare90 wrote:

Am I the only one thinking that the existence of a wand for $250 is exactly an evidence that the system GGG proceeds to fight RMT is working? If it was not, we would have the same wand flying around for a much lesser price as RMT sites would have a much easier time to give a great amount of offer. Only people with really loose pockets would spend so much on one item in a game with a meta shifting so often.

Yes, you are the one and only.
[Removed by Support]
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Jul 23, 2014, 10:49:22 AM
"
torturo wrote:
"
Nightmare90 wrote:

Yes, you are the one and only.
[Removed by Support]

Wow, I am stunned by the arguments you bring across.
I will sum the up for the others to easily comprehend them:

Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jul 23, 2014, 12:22:08 PM
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
"

So yeah, you can see it one way ore the other. Fact is compared to many other F2P titles you PoE is doing a great deal to limit RMT at its core. Personally I am not for banning customers but that is just a preference which GGG does not share necessarily. They warn RMTers before outright banning them, which is why one does not see them banned too often. No one would be so stupid to make a good target two times and risking to lose everything you bought including or especially MTX.

people that make RMT their source of HUGE income dont care about MTX. they get orbs from 'illegal' sources, they can afford buying stash tabs as they are making real money seling fake pixels with extreme profit margins etc etc

ggg does very very little to stop rmt - high profile players are toping jsp forums for years, people are using map hacks in races - for years, people are doing lots of such stuff - and there are no visible signs that playing-cheating has any downsides

ofc people shall provide 'obvious' - but they are killing bots. yeah right? and so what? just like with real world - only immediate reaction and appropriate punishment stops the crime. note the 'immediate'. that 250$ wand (and several other items) are here for how long?
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
Nightmare90 wrote:

people that make RMT their source of HUGE income dont care about MTX. they get orbs from 'illegal' sources, they can afford buying stash tabs as they are making real money seling fake pixels with extreme profit margins etc etc

ggg does very very little to stop rmt - high profile players are toping jsp forums for years, people are using map hacks in races - for years, people are doing lots of such stuff - and there are no visible signs that playing-cheating has any downsides

ofc people shall provide 'obvious' - but they are killing bots. yeah right? and so what? just like with real world - only immediate reaction and appropriate punishment stops the crime. note the 'immediate'. that 250$ wand (and several other items) are here for how long?

And yet you guys proceed to make it sound that every and their grand-mother act in that illegal manner. You know that this is exactly what this thread is about right? Posts like yours making it seem like there is no risk involved into RMT at all, fooling newcomers like OP into a direction you guys did not want them in the first place (at least you proclaim this, who knows what your real intend is).

The people discussing here are already a small minority. The people in top-ladder position are one hell of a minority. And yet you guys are, thanks to the bad forum policy, able to make it look like it's the rule to act on 3rd party sides freely. You guys make it sound like everybody will buy a freaking wand for $250.

Congratulations on raising awareness. For people who didn't need it.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jul 23, 2014, 10:47:32 AM
"
sidtherat wrote:

Let me respond to that in the same manner:

GGG is doing a great job stopping RMT by banning accounts and destroying items of those accounts. And they do so with dozens accounts each day using quite complex systems.

The impact of RMT on the game's economy is kept to a insignificant minimum and so we can conclude that GGG is successful in fighting RMT
Nightmare90, delete the quote remaining, if it's considered that inappropriate.

I hope you realize that crafting of this wand cost not less than 1000ex, probably much more.
That's the reason it's that expensive, combined with lower demand, as wand builds are not much popular nowadays, not that rmt-ers are in such a trouble.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
torturo wrote:
Nightmare90, delete the quote remaining, if it's considered that inappropriate.

I hope you realize that crafting of this wand cost not less than 1000ex, probably much more.
That's the reason it's that expensive, combined with lower demand, as wand builds are not much popular nowadays, not that rmt-ers are in such a trouble.

Fixed the post, thanks for the hint.

I figured that low supply might have driven the price instead of creation cost and low demand. We are both grasping for straws here as we have no solid data to back up either claim, I give you that.

The point of the thread and OP still stands. Raising awareness does not help this situation here but might do more harm than good if all. Either way, nothing will change. GGG is too light-hearted to actually place a grapple on the forum. So I guess most of the guys who responded here will be able to sleep well.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jul 23, 2014, 12:26:24 PM
the best way to deal with any organized crime issue is to eliminate the source.

war in mexico? stop fucking buying their drugs at 40x markup you dumbass americans

want to stop rmt? you can start by making the rng fair .

nothing else will address it , you ban an account 50 will replace it, you ip ban a person , he will spoof his ip. you block an entier area , and they will spoof a different area. if you make something unrealistically hard to get then you are just opening the door for disreputable people to make a profit.

and they are making a killing on poe's rng. a proverbial gold mine.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Jul 23, 2014, 12:38:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info