How to make unset rings more attractive to roll & use

"
AgnosiousD wrote:
I've got it!

unset ring increases experience gain of gem by 10%

why the hell else use an unset?

I think the value is too high, though I'd jump on it if they introduced it. I mean, why waste your life leveling the enlighten gem if you could get 10% from an unset?

I'd suggest that unsets randomly roll between 4-8% increased EXP gain, and whether the gain goes to support or active gems.
"
Taganov wrote:

I think the value is too high, though I'd jump on it if they introduced it. I mean, why waste your life leveling the enlighten gem if you could get 10% from an unset?

I'd suggest that unsets randomly roll between 4-8% increased EXP gain, and whether the gain goes to support or active gems.

4-8% makes more sense in terms of balance, and would consume the occasional
flurry of blesseds / encourage people to chaos 8% rings they find with good ilvl.

it might lead to opening gambits for the 4 month leagues, buy an enlighten asap
and powerlevel that mofo. other than that people who are farming can whip that out
until they face a real challenge, then they want their gem back where it belongs,
in their primary attack links.

one could swap out a support for increased rarity, powerleveling the support as they mf.
get in shape to face whatever boss is ailing them faster.
"
nudle wrote:
"
keta wrote:
I think unset ring are fine
Sometimes with some build u miss some socket, and with one socket u can put something like decoy totem, Artic armor, vaal hast, skele...

The thing is as was pointed out that you always prefer to have those kind od spells linked with support gem (increased duration)... I can see only AA as best choice to have in unset.... even curses benefits from stuff like faster casting

Not really u dont care about increase duration on a curse or totem...

What u can do its empower or enahance but for that u need enought socket, one socket on ring can allow u to use a curse or a totem or other u cant use without because u dont have enought socket
Make the unset ring gem socket white to begin with.

I have literally no idea why even make it an hassle when the only ability it has is to have a socket.

Other then that the only buff I can see is either a utility buff or make it have some sort of bonus stat depending on the gem color.

It's hard pressed fitting in the ring in a build since it has to be a single socket gem with no links in a slot that usually has a ton of bonuses to your character, later on the game when you have sockets everywhere it's hard pressed to justify another socket for most builds.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Jul 22, 2014, 5:34:43 PM
I don't think unset rings needs a buff. They do something really unique which is much harder to compare to other rings than for example ES rings versus resist rings.

Currently, summoners probably get the most out of unset rings. Picking up the 3 skill duration passives under scion start means Increased Duration support isn't quite as needed on offerings and curses are often permenent for summoners.

Also, there are regularly more gems being added to the game. In time, there'll possibly be a lot of gems all sorts of different builds could successfully utilize in an unset ring.
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info