If you're going to break the trinity, do it right. Lichdom: Battlemage -- @Worldbreaker, thoughts?

Since you so kindly put me onto Dragon's Boobs, I figured I'd share this one back that I just lost my poo over:

Lichdom: Battlemage

Summary: Dark Messiah of Might and Magic style game focusing purely on the idea of the mage being a machine of pure killing power. Say goodbye to the old tank-->dps-->utility trinity, hello to Raistlin, Elminster and Rand Al'Thor rolled into one.

Spellcrafting looks extremely entertaining.

Oh, and unlimited mana. So that's a plus.

30 bucks for early beta access and I presume full version upon release? Done and done.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Jul 22, 2014, 1:21:23 AM
Looks pretty cool. Lemme know how it turns out
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Oh you know I will. There was another game I used to play based on a little known fantasy series by some Jordan guy. It was also pure first person magic, but this is a whole other thing. I might even need to upgrade for this one.

Another game it reminds me of is Hexen or perhaps Heretic.

And they all left me with warm fuzzy feelings of 'hey, first person action isn't just for gun nuts after all.' I know there are hybrid games such as Bioshock where you combine magic and tech (or perhaps just magic-like tech) but not that many examples of raw magical ownage.

I'm sort of hoping every moment of this game reminds me of how I felt when I first used the Hand of God in Rise of the Triad.

Wheeeee...whooo...

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Ohhhh man Hexen <3!!! It does have that feel. I got the new Rise of the Triad last summer, I still have to finish that, was fun.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
Väkirauta wrote:
Charan's been talking about asses and poos lately.. I wonder if this is a sign of an upcoming patch!

Scatgust will blow your toilet apart.

Really interested in that title and flowing around on my wishlist for a long time. I mainly held back buying it because I remember reading it as a action-driven and pretty linear game. So I figured if I buy it, I want to play it in one playthrough instead of waiting for patches to continue the fun. :P

It is pretty attractive for me because I always play battlemages if possible in my RPGs. Skyrim currently excelling in the possibilities for battlemages (especially if modded!) I figured maybe that game completely focusing on that gameplay might even top that.

So yeah, they release it and it will be mine. <3
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jul 22, 2014, 6:54:55 AM
Been playing the 'beta' for a good three hours now. I don't often play games for three hours straight these days.

Man, what a blast. It's a bit slow at first, but once you figure out spell crafting and get some cool sigils (types of magic), it just goes nuts. I just got the ingredients to do a kinetic lift ray, which is so Jedi it's not funny.

looks great, it's on my wishlist.
Oh, and it has really good voice acting. This was recently added, I believe.

Huh. An indie game with three voice actors I picked immediately. That is very rare.

Clancy Brown, Troy Baker (Logan thackerey from gw2) and Jennifer Hale (bastila from Kotor, deionarra of Planescape). That's some pedigree acting for an indie, but it pays off.

Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Jul 22, 2014, 6:55:55 AM
The first person view,the way he casts and the graphics reminds me ALOT of skyrim,not that this is a bad thing of course.Seems really cool,even though i hate playing mages,and dislike mages in general.Sure Raistlin was super awasome,but it was mainly because of his character.I hated elminster novels,and didn't even really care about Gandalf.On the other hand melee characters are always super.Drizzt do Urden,Artemis Entrerai,and of course Geralt of Rivia more than anyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
The basic story clarifies why you're so damn powerful. I didn't mention Raistlin or Rand Al'Thor just because they were powerful mages...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info