If you're going to break the trinity, do it right. Lichdom: Battlemage -- @Worldbreaker, thoughts?

"
Charan wrote:
The basic story clarifies why you're so damn powerful. I didn't mention Raistlin or Rand Al'Thor just because they were powerful mages...

No that's not what i mean.Just from my personal taste most melee heroes on fantasy novels are just cooler characters.Raistlin was an extremely interesting character.Elminster,never cared about him,but he was propably the most powerful being in the whole forgotten reals setting.Nothing to do with the actual game or something in general.It's a personal thing that i always enjoy playing melee in games,and that i find melee characters in fantasy novels cooler.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
Holy crap this game gets tough quick, but thankfully the devs put some handy quick guides for crafting, spells and synthesis (essentially, upgrading, breaking down and 'sacrifing' spell components) on the steam forum.

Still can't get over the shiny voice work. So good.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Charan wrote:
Holy crap this game gets tough quick, but thankfully the devs put some handy quick guides for crafting, spells and synthesis (essentially, upgrading, breaking down and 'sacrifing' spell components) on the steam forum.

Still can't get over the shiny voice work. So good.

Why u so mean advertising this game so much! ;_;
Is that what it is? Advertising? Just keeping you guys apprised of what I think is cool.

I was tempted to do a generic 'what I'm into atm' thread but that'd get old fast, since I tend to stick to things.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Charan wrote:
Is that what it is? Advertising? Just keeping you guys apprised of what I think is cool.

I was tempted to do a generic 'what I'm into atm' thread but that'd get old fast, since I tend to stick to things.

Id read that.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
You DO read that...

"
Charan wrote:
You DO read that...

;) shhhh
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Thanks for the heads-up on that game. I found it interesting when I first saw it, but after some rather mediocre early-access stuff, I decided to wait. Well, guess the wait#s over once I get home!
A sword he brought, his foes to maim and rend,
from places dark behind forbidden doors,
But night by night he woke with frighten'd roars
from darkest dreams, too strange to comprehend.
(Anonymous)
I dunno, maybe it is still mediocre? I'm having a ball though. Figuring out how to combine mastery (basically debuff) with roots and then quick bolts is fun stuff. Now and then you get some insanely high damage spike and then it's a game of finding out why.

It has an interesting (not) death penalty: each time you reach a waypoint, your loot rarity increases by 1. If you die, it drops to zero. The devs explained that this isn't meant to be a death penalty -- it's a reward for those who don't die, thus don't repeat areas, thus kill less. So basically, it's a pseudo-penalty: if you keep dying, you keep doing the same areas, which means more kills/loot. If you don't, it's only fair that you get rarer drops because you're getting fewer.

"
Charan wrote:
[...]

It has an interesting (not) death penalty: each time you reach a waypoint, your loot rarity increases by 1. If you die, it drops to zero. The devs explained that this isn't meant to be a death penalty -- it's a reward for those who don't die, thus don't repeat areas, thus kill less. So basically, it's a pseudo-penalty: if you keep dying, you keep doing the same areas, which means more kills/loot. If you don't, it's only fair that you get rarer drops because you're getting fewer.

Now that's pretty clever, I like it!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info