[1.3 VIDEO GUIDE] PoE Beginners Build The Carpet Bomber, Fireball Witch EB, AA [HC/SC viable]

THE BUILD IS NOW UPDATED FOR THE NEW PATCH 1.3 !

Check out my 1.3 video-guide. This video will explain the details and help you get a better understanding of how this character works as well as showing in-game footage of how the build performs.

NOTE: If you watched the previous 1.2 video build-guide, then simply skip to the part where I cover the skill-tree progression in the new video.

The video can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrSZ7Rdwa1c&list=UU8tUILPcQ2y58pbumazRayA

If you have any questions about the build, come to my twitch stream and I will do my best to answer them:
http://www.twitch.tv/liftingnerdbro/ :)

What's up my fellow Wraeclast exiles!?
This is my updated thread for my "Beginners Fireball Witch" build - The Carpet Bomber. In this thread I will cover the requirements of the build. To get a more detailed explanation on how the build works and needs to be setup, check out the link to my video-guide above.

As mentioned at the top. This build guide is now updated for patch 1.3, and not only does it work, it is now even stronger than it was before! With this patch we now have lots more damage and easier access to life. Feel the burn!

First of all, what is this build and who is it suited for?

1. Beginners who seeks an effective, safe and fairly simple but fun character to begin their adventure in Wraeclast.

2. Players who seek a powerful build that can reach endgame (Piety and up to 74 maps) for less that 10-20 chaos orbs. (More currency will have to be invested to progress from there)

3. Fans of Fireballs and explosions!

4. A build that is both viable for hardcore as well as softcore.

5. People who prefer a build that has a video-guide linked to it.

Build introduction:

This build was originally designed for the 1 month HC race. Since this was going to be my first character in that league I wanted a build which was going to be cheap yet still remain effective. I believe I achieved this. With my character being level 76 she is now very tanky and does a great damage. With another ten levels she will do significantly more damage and get A LOT more life as well. I honestly feel like this build deserves to reach level 85 to really see it's full power.

The strength of the build lies in having a good amount of damage and having a shit-ton of mana regeneration, at my current level I have about (292+ mp/s). The combination of Eldritch Battery + Discipline and Clarity allows us to easily run a level 22+ Arctic armor which significantly reduces the amount of physical and fire damage that we get hit by, that along with having capped resistances and a big life pool is how we are able to achieve such a strong defense for this character.

Even with gear worth less than 20 chaos orbs, the clear speed of this build is good. If you decide to invest some serious currency into this build you will have a very efficient build.

Skill-gems and setups?:

For damage you will be using Fireball linked with LMP/GMP, Concentrated Effect, Fire Penetration and Spell Echo.

If you only have a 4-link you can leave out Fire Penetration, I do however highly recommend getting yourself a cheap 5-link ES armor. I got mine for 6c.

For curses you will be using Flammability!

For defence you will be using Arctic Armor (linked with empower if possible) as well as 3 auras such as Purity of Fire, Clarity and Discipline. All of the auras should be linked to Reduced Mana.

For mobility (not required) you will be using Lightning Warp linked with Reduced Duration and Faster Casting.

Cast-When-Damage-Taken setup:

CWDT (lvl 9) + Enduring Cry (lvl 10) + Increased Duration (lvl 20) + Immortal Call (lvl 9)

Passive Skill-tree:

Leveling skill-tree, 28 points:
http://poeurl.com/y8oPtL4

Leveling skill-tree, 51 points:
http://poeurl.com/y8oPA7Z

Leveling skill-tree, 86 points:
http://poeurl.com/y8oPG0b

Finished build 114 points:
http://poeurl.com/y8oPLEy

Crit variant of the build for higher dps and better late-game:

http://poeurl.com/y8oQVYd

This skill tree utilizes 3 extra power power charges. That means that with Power charge on crit we will be able to sustain 6 power charges all the time for a 300% increased critical strike chance. Additionally we pick up the skillnode that grants us 4% spell damage per power charges for a total of 24% extra spell damage.

For this tree we still pick up the AoE skill nodes and notables, but we also pick up some additional crit chance skill nodes and such.

Bandit Quest Rewards
- Normal : Help Oak for 40+ life
- Cruel : Kill them all for 1+ skill-point
- Merciless: Kill them all for 1+ skill-point (Get power charge from alira if you go with the crit build)

Gearing and stat priorities

When you are resistance capped, this is the stats you should aim for

For defence: (Number 1 being the most important and number 5 the least important)

1. Life
2. Energy Shield/Armor
3. Mana regeneration
4. Intelligence/Mana
5. Chaos resistance

Remember that as soon as you have enough energy shield to sustain a level 22+ AA (with inner force) then you should of course try to get some armor on your gear as well for even more defence.

For offence:

1. Fire damage/elemental damage
2. Spell Damage (does not affect burn damage)
3. Cast Speed
4. Critical hit chance
5. Critical hit multiplier

The gear that got me to 74 maps for less than 20c:

I should probably mention that I got pretty lucky and found both spell echo and concentrated effect, so that saved me at least 5c :)

The belt and rings I found myself.

Awesome, but not required uniques that greatly benefits this build:

Weapon: Divinarius

Spoiler

Shield: Rathpith Globe

Spoiler

Helmet: The Vertex

Spoiler

Body armor: Carcass Jack
Spoiler

Boots: Rainbowstride
Spoiler

Amulet: Atziri's Foible

Spoiler

Ring: Dream Fragments

Spoiler

None of these uniques are required, but they can greatly increase the power of the build if you are willing to invest the time and currency

The above information serves as a rough guideline to get you started with the build. I recommend watching my video-guide, especially if you are new to the game, in the video I will explain some of the skills and how they work and how you should spend your skill points while leveling.

The updated video-guide can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrSZ7Rdwa1c&list=UU8tUILPcQ2y58pbumazRayA

Feel free to ask me any questions regarding the build, but please do me the favor of watching the video first. It should explain a lot of the common questions you might have :)

Anyway, thank you for reading guys. I'll see you for my next beginners guide!

Stay safe!

Kind Regards
LNB
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Last edited by LiftingNerdBro on Dec 12, 2014, 11:27:09 AM
Last bumped on Oct 21, 2016, 3:19:26 AM
Support gems aren't affected by the level cap of cwdt so you can level inc duration to 20
"
InderHouse wrote:
Support gems aren't affected by the level cap of cwdt so you can level inc duration to 20

Ahh that is true, thank you for pointing that out man! I will edit it right away :)
Last edited by Starzee on Jul 21, 2014, 10:52:04 AM
@Op relying on flask for HP is too much of a hassle is it possible to take advantage of life leech in this case?
This is basically what I played in Ambush League. I just like LMP more and had no spell echo, obviously. After Ambush ended, I tried spell echo instead of faster casting, but i didn't like the additional time your character gets locked into place.

It is also way more fun with the fire dragon spell effect!!! Go buy it :)
IGN: Ciiciona
+1

Low gear, 5link can be very cheap.

This is suited for beginners. Would like to see more of this in all forums, especially in Shadow one.

Thumbs up for you, mate.
"
Hectrix wrote:
@Op relying on flask for HP is too much of a hassle is it possible to take advantage of life leech in this case?

You can definetly add life leech to the setup. You will however lose some damage by doing this. I will recommend switching Fire Penetration with LL if you are going down that road! ;)
"
Shorty_p wrote:
This is basically what I played in Ambush League. I just like LMP more and had no spell echo, obviously. After Ambush ended, I tried spell echo instead of faster casting, but i didn't like the additional time your character gets locked into place.

It is also way more fun with the fire dragon spell effect!!! Go buy it :)

Yea that MX is pretty awesome. I need to get that! :D

"
+1

Low gear, 5link can be very cheap.

This is suited for beginners. Would like to see more of this in all forums, especially in Shadow one.

Thumbs up for you, mate.

Glad you like it man, and thank you for telling me!

I am currently in the process of making another beginners build. It is not a shadow though, sorry to disappoint ;D

how much is some damage? is it that significant to the clear speed?
dont u think the luxury of life leech is worth the loss in damage

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info