game freezing with disconnects to login screen

In this case, you ran it slightly too long, so it contains a lot of data that might not be as relevant. Looks like you ran it for about 25 to 30 minutes. It also appears that you're losing a lot of packets, but because of the way the trace is, it is really difficult to track down exactly where the issue is.

Really, what's best is to start a trace to the Instance Server IP and let it run while you play that instance. If you don't get disconnected, then go to a new instance, restart a winmtr trace to that new instance server and keep repeating the process.

Keep doing this until you experience a disconnection or other problem.

Make sure that the trace you post contains a disconnection in it. I don't really see anything specific to the trace you posted other than a lot of random packet loss and possible traffic shaping. That makes the results really clouded and hard to diagnose and read.
I have the same exact problem. It's not a connectivity issue, I don't think because my packet loss is fine and I have the same problem playing at my friend's house. I updated drivers, reinstalled the game twice. CPU temps are fine, ram looks good. The only issues I've narrowed it down to is hard drive or graphic issue. This problem only started happening to me when my 7970 gave out on me. It's being RMA'd right now so I'm using i5 haswell graphics. I get 70 fps but randomly my game will just freeze. I'm still recognized as being in the game, my screen is just frozen....almost always resulting in a death. Sometimes the freezing screen doesnt correct itself within 10 seconds, at which point I get thrown to the login screen. I set up path on a ramdisk to see if it's my storage unit. if that doesn't work, I'm gonna reinstall windows 8.1. I'll report back if problem persisted. If anyone has any theories, I would appreciate it. Thank you
Last edited by MugsyBoges on Jul 25, 2014, 9:11:42 AM
"
MugsyBoges wrote:
I have the same exact problem. It's not a connectivity issue, I don't think because my packet loss is fine and I have the same problem playing at my friend's house. I updated drivers, reinstalled the game twice. CPU temps are fine, ram looks good. The only issues I've narrowed it down to is hard drive or graphic issue. This problem only started happening to me when my 7970 gave out on me. It's being RMA'd right now so I'm using i5 haswell graphics. I get 70 fps but randomly my game will just freeze. I'm still recognized as being in the game, my screen is just frozen....almost always resulting in a death. Sometimes the freezing screen doesnt correct itself within 10 seconds, at which point I get thrown to the login screen. I set up path on a ramdisk to see if it's my storage unit. if that doesn't work, I'm gonna reinstall windows 8.1. I'll report back if problem persisted. If anyone has any theories, I would appreciate it. Thank you

Please post your own thread with your own WinMTR data as requested in this post.

Read the "Rules" sticky post for more information.

Instructions for WinMTR can be found in the Consolidated Technical sticky post.

In your new post, please be as clear and descriptive about your problem. Your problem based on your description is NOT the same as this post. In this post, he doesn't "freeze" his whole screen. His character can freely move around. The problem is that he cannot interact with anything, and other creatures cannot move (because he was disconnected). In your case, it sounds like your whole PC (or game at least) is locking up preventing ANYTHING from happening. If I mis-read the post, then please clarify in your new post. Again, be as descriptive about the problem as possible. Can you move around? Can you Alt-tab? Is the PC still responsive? etc.
I finally have a resolution to this issue.

It turns out that my ISP (comcast cable) was having an issue with their network in my neighborhood. It started out with those micro freezes that I was experiencing. They weren't long enough to bump me offline, but were just long enough to cause issues in game.

Over time the freezes turned into brief disconnects where my modem would lose sync with the network then come back online maybe 30 seconds later.

This progressed still further until the point where I would lose my internet connection for 30 minutes to 2 hours every single day.

Comcast sent technicians out to my apartment twice, and replaced the modem three times in addition to replacing all of the wiring both inside and outside of my apartment. None of this made any difference.

It wasn't until the disconnects went from seconds to hours that other people in my area began to complain to comcast about the service outages. Finally after about 2 months of problems comcast called me one day to state that one of their network technicians had finally been able to locate and resolve the issue impacting service in my area.

Since then it's been smooth sailing.

I've also learned from this how much I HATE dealing with comcast technical support.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info