Hardcore league is unnecessary

I think that hardcore leagues are a waste of server power. 95% of all hc chars end up merged with softcore leagues anyways. Plus, if anyone wants to play hc, they could always simply delete their character in standard. Of coarse they could continue playing the character as well after the char rips once just like they do now if that is their preference. Really the option already exists in standard league to play hc. Hc is only a play-style. I does not warrant a separate league. So, really there is no reason to have hc at all.

Think of the different league options that could be used in place of the pointless and unnecessary hc portion in Poe. Lets not waste server storage and service on options that can already be done in standard. All it takes is a little bit of willpower. Just erase that bad boy as soon as you rip. Thats hc. You dont need some childish ladder ranking for it any more than the self-found players need one.

Discuss.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Somebody has been playing too much solo self-found...
I agree, the only reason is it isn't HC anyway if your character doesn't die so what's the point?
HC ladders are childish, but SFL ones aren't? And does it take more than a bit willpower to play SFL on standard?
All we really need is Standard, right? And just give players the option, upon character creation, to establish their characters as Hardcore, Self-Found, both, and/or any other rule-set that they choose. They all play in Standard, but Hardcore characters go to the Void League on death, and Self-Found characters cannot receive items in trade or get any item loot from party-play accept currency, but they get special biased solo drop-rates to help facilitate them getting to end-game over time. Problem solved. /sarcasm-but-kind-of-not
TY to those who called me out on my BS on these forums. There is no benefit to being so selfish as to fail to acknowledge others' differing beliefs of what "should be" or believe your own opinions so supreme as to be factual and thus dismiss others' opinions as being somehow a lie or delusional.
I agree OP, no different mechanics, no different enemy difficulty, no different maps, nothing is different in hardcore, it's only a way to prove you never died, an ego boost or something, completely ridiculous in my opinion, serves only for people to show off.
"
Hartree wrote:
HC ladders are childish, but SFL ones aren't? And does it take more than a bit willpower to play SFL on standard?

Self found league, is not about a self imposed restriction like deleting your character on death.

It's about balancing item drop rates to remove trading, now that's a valid reason for a different league, not being able to trade but having increased drop chances to compensate.

Self found isn't even enough in my opinion, you may not trade but you can still party and that also affects the way characters and difficulty is designed.

A league entirely balanced on solo play would mean almost the entire game being rebalanced, which is obviously a lot of work and even against GGG's will so, tragically , it won't happen.

I kinda went off topic there, in short I just meant to say, don't think SFL is like HC, it's not.

Oh and ladders are idiotic, so no, both HC and SC ladders have no point to be
Last edited by Coal48 on Jul 20, 2014, 3:44:12 AM
[Removed by Support]
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Jul 21, 2014, 10:33:09 AM
"
Coal48 wrote:
I agree OP, no different mechanics, no different enemy difficulty, no different maps, nothing is different in hardcore, it's only a way to prove you never died, an ego boost or something, completely ridiculous in my opinion, serves only for people to show off.

It is a completely different shopping experience.

Casually casual.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Coal48 wrote:

It is a completely different shopping experience.

This hits the nail on the head. It's all about the economy. If somebody dies all the equipment they carried is removed from the league.
Last edited by incinerate on Jul 20, 2014, 5:44:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info