Hardcore league is unnecessary

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
It is a completely different shopping experience

"
incinerate wrote:
This hits the nail on the head. It's all about the economy. If somebody dies all the equipment they carried is removed from the league.

Huh, didn't thought about that, solid point but I guess the question now is how much does HC cost on the servers and if it's really worth it to have it just because of it's economy.
obviously a troll, my second thread because the 1st was deleted, a troll by GGG staff maybe...

he has NO characters and 33 total posts
IGN: SeaLaser
Sea Builds, Characters, Shops, Links & Records:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/972683/
Last edited by RoyalStar on Jul 20, 2014, 8:21:09 AM
Spoiler

The economy. The chat. The people playing. The attitude towards problems and mobs.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
Just how much "server power" do you think it takes?
"
RoyalStar wrote:
obviously a troll, my second thread because the 1st was deleted, a troll by GGG staff maybe...

he has NO characters and 33 total posts

At one point like a year ago or something I had over 400 posts which I am not proud of but for some reason it all was reset at zero. I did leave the Global servers to play on Garena about 4 months ago and they have different forums but These ones speak to the Devs more directly.

Lets be realistic. What is the point of ladders anyways? If it is to rank yourself against other players abilities in all phases of the game, wouldn't a solo or SFL or Solo-SFL ladder be the most accurate measuring tape?

"
Coal48 wrote:
I guess the question now is how much does HC cost on the servers and if it's really worth it to have it just because of it's economy.

First, storing characters has essentially 0 effect on server load - what matters is the number of players logged in. The servers are essentially unaffected by having HC leagues - so though you (and I) don't play on them we should have no problem with this game option existing.

Second, the effect on the economy is very important. Separate economies are the biggest difference between leagues.
Last edited by PseudoDragon on Jul 22, 2014, 7:29:10 PM
Snippage to hone in on the salient points:

"
rob16437 wrote:
I think that hardcore leagues are a waste of server power.

... if anyone wants to play hc, they could always simply delete their character in standard . . .just erase that bad boy as soon as you rip.

Spoiler
"
rob16437 wrote:
I think that hardcore leagues are a waste of server power. 95% of all hc chars end up merged with softcore leagues anyways. Plus, if anyone wants to play hc, they could always simply delete their character in standard. Of coarse they could continue playing the character as well after the char rips once just like they do now if that is their preference. Really the option already exists in standard league to play hc. Hc is only a play-style. I does not warrant a separate league. So, really there is no reason to have hc at all.

Think of the different league options that could be used in place of the pointless and unnecessary hc portion in Poe. Lets not waste server storage and service on options that can already be done in standard. All it takes is a little bit of willpower. Just erase that bad boy as soon as you rip. Thats hc. You dont need some childish ladder ranking for it any more than the self-found players need one.

Discuss.

This idea is truly breathtaking and will indubitably salve the rift between scrubcore and alt+F4core. Numinous insights such as "Really the option already exists in standard league to play hc." make me want to support your idea 100,000% . . .if only it went further.

"Delenda est Cor Durum!"
is only the beginning of our journey.

Spoiler
Saving server power is good.

Let that be our guiding maxim as we take our first brave steps out of this shadowy nightmare and into the realm of unified selflessness. As exiles we are fully cognizant of the perils that power entails.

The countless electron bodies that careen around the globe at the command of our every mouse click should give us pause as assuredly as chaos trails them like bridesmaids after a bride. Seemingly innocuous, their magnetic personalities metastasize and left unchecked by sanity shall void our natural resources, broil our planet and poach our minds.

Let us then say "Begone!" to this electrical flippancy which has so pervaded our society
as to our tongues as superfluous as face to face conversation is sparse. How shall we accomplish this Herculean task? As they say, "Potentior est stilus gladio!". The old fashioned pen and paper so currently scorned shall become for us our client and server.
What need have we of spurious random mathematical generation and the contortions of desynchronicity? With a bold stroke of an inked plume and the flourish of a sapient imagination, we can summon our innermost ambitions and lay waste to opposing obstacles.

We may draw our own skill trees, and if truth be known, provide for our own advancement and enrichment. Why should we exalt a string of ephemeral ones and zeroes that are as remote in location as they are in any hope of bringing fruition to our dreams? Let us link our progress instead to the achievements in our minds. If an exile considers that they have strived long enough to reach the next level of enlightenment, than why should this not be so? When one's mind is set in motion, one will suffer no desynch between pen and paper and the next keystone of advancement will be reached. Restraint should be our byword, and diligence our guiding star.

It is said that Kaom didn't fall in a day; likewise, our perserverance is the gear between the energy of our desires and the results that we grind out. Have you laboured a fortnight without surcease? Surely, you have earned the right to a Shavronne's, so pencil yourself in for one! Have you toiled enough for it to be fully linked? Be not so quick as to render thy judgement. The six degrees of link separation are the last stand between civilized pen and paper Path of Exile and Anarchy! Remember always, the mantra of the Daily Pencil Grind, as recalled by Urim, the last honest templar that Dominus expelled for being too frank:

"It is by will alone I set my grind in motion. It is by the use of graphite that plots acquire lead, the page acquires nodes, the nodes become a skill tree. It is by will alone I set my grind in motion."

TL/DR:

Spoiler
Donec fermentum, fermentum consequat mi Maecenas.

In habitasse a hac dictumst vita nullam ornare
nisi eget suscipit eleifend,
Duis sapien laboris nisi ut augue fugiat risus a quam malesuada.
erat nisl hendrerit justo,

Curabitur non elit ut libero tristique sodales.
Donec mattis imperdiet.
Consectetur elit, sed do eiusmod
incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

Proin libero. Proin adipiscing.
Duis et ipsum ac nisl laoreet commodo.

delictus animalis
semper leo.

Nunc eleifend molestie velit.
favere subsidium adamas
Donec euismod vestibulum massa.
dignissim elit et augue.
Donec non lectus Aliquam commodo lacus sit amet nulla.
Nullam non diam.

Suspendisse et orci et arcu porttitor pellentesque.
Fusce convallis, mauris imperdiet gravida bibendum, Nulla dignissim posuere nulla.
et orci et arcu porttitor pellentesque.

turpis quis orci consequat?
Nullam varius, turpis et commodo pharetra, est eros bibendum nec luctus magna felis sollicitudin mauris.
In semper bibendum no libero.

Donec tellus mi, luctus sit amet,
Nam quis lacus.
Praesent odio sed,
Maecenas rhoncus arcu at arcu elementum,
dictum, nisi eget consequat elementum,
fulmen natura

Suspendisse nunc.
Vitae tristique eros nullam ornare.

Donec gravida ipsum non sapien.
Suspicor orbem Vaal
eget, dictum.

Spoiler
Our story, My Side development.

In any life lived by the word computer
Unless the telephone,
It's wise to avoid the likelihood of nothing more than a basic scale.
there was a change, you just

Can I can take to free your members.
Unfortunately, a lot of financing.
The main program, but to give
occur in which toil and pain can procure him some great pleasure.

It's free. It's the system.
Film and it, and the players pays bills.

PET animal
always vegetarian.

Now fill your wishes.
to promote the support of the diamond
You can purchase the manufacturing level.
Here and get.
Do not wait until This advantage is no more.
Do not no.

Read the latest, and with a bow, make more.
Learn how to grow strong, smart designers create dynamic, no investment, no chain.
the latest, and bow, make more.

what are their target markets?
Yes, that's good and take advantage of the quiver, the United States is more about your great drink and grief.
The drink is always the name of freedom.

Unfortunately, the more my style will be used,
For glare.
It's hatred,
It's the wide range of bow but the bow element,
it has been said, unless you Stick to the element,
lightning nature

Maybe now.
I feel comfortable life without a computer.

Until very pregnant.
I guess the Vaal
group, said.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
I am not sure the existence of an HC league is preventing potential other leagues. That is just silly. If GGG wanted to put up servers for other leagues than they would do it. Lots of ppl play and enjoy HC, but its obviously not for everyone.
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
I agree, the only reason is it isn't HC anyway if your character doesn't die so what's the point?

Hardcore League isn't unnessecary, but this is an important point. HC Chars need to die permanently. GGG once said that they want regular Softcore Players to try HC wich is why dead HC Chars get moved to Standard. I think this is a really bad idea. If you will just continue playing a dead HC Char, there is no point in even trying. Part of playing HC is dealing with lost characters and gear.

Edit 4: And to the actual point of the thread: Yeah, not having a possibility for players with an alternately balanced league and selffound ruleset is disappointing :-(. But it's probably not out of ignorance, wich is what this thread seems to be going for. If they implement an alternate SFL, half of the SFL supporters aren't going to be happy with how they balance it (if at all :D)
Last edited by Acrylique on Jul 23, 2014, 3:06:26 AM
"
DalaiLama wrote:

TL/DR:

Spoiler
Donec fermentum, fermentum consequat mi Maecenas.

In habitasse a hac dictumst vita nullam ornare
nisi eget suscipit eleifend,
Duis sapien laboris nisi ut augue fugiat risus a quam malesuada.
erat nisl hendrerit justo,

Curabitur non elit ut libero tristique sodales.
Donec mattis imperdiet.
Consectetur elit, sed do eiusmod
incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

Proin libero. Proin adipiscing.
Duis et ipsum ac nisl laoreet commodo.

delictus animalis
semper leo.

Nunc eleifend molestie velit.
favere subsidium adamas
Donec euismod vestibulum massa.
dignissim elit et augue.
Donec non lectus Aliquam commodo lacus sit amet nulla.
Nullam non diam.

Suspendisse et orci et arcu porttitor pellentesque.
Fusce convallis, mauris imperdiet gravida bibendum, Nulla dignissim posuere nulla.
et orci et arcu porttitor pellentesque.

turpis quis orci consequat?
Nullam varius, turpis et commodo pharetra, est eros bibendum nec luctus magna felis sollicitudin mauris.
In semper bibendum no libero.

Donec tellus mi, luctus sit amet,
Nam quis lacus.
Praesent odio sed,
Maecenas rhoncus arcu at arcu elementum,
dictum, nisi eget consequat elementum,
fulmen natura

Suspendisse nunc.
Vitae tristique eros nullam ornare.

Donec gravida ipsum non sapien.
Suspicor orbem Vaal
eget, dictum.

Spoiler
Our story, My Side development.

In any life lived by the word computer
Unless the telephone,
It's wise to avoid the likelihood of nothing more than a basic scale.
there was a change, you just

Can I can take to free your members.
Unfortunately, a lot of financing.
The main program, but to give
occur in which toil and pain can procure him some great pleasure.

It's free. It's the system.
Film and it, and the players pays bills.

PET animal
always vegetarian.

Now fill your wishes.
to promote the support of the diamond
You can purchase the manufacturing level.
Here and get.
Do not wait until This advantage is no more.
Do not no.

Read the latest, and with a bow, make more.
Learn how to grow strong, smart designers create dynamic, no investment, no chain.
the latest, and bow, make more.

what are their target markets?
Yes, that's good and take advantage of the quiver, the United States is more about your great drink and grief.
The drink is always the name of freedom.

Unfortunately, the more my style will be used,
For glare.
It's hatred,
It's the wide range of bow but the bow element,
it has been said, unless you Stick to the element,
lightning nature

Maybe now.
I feel comfortable life without a computer.

Until very pregnant.
I guess the Vaal
group, said.

Just curious, what language is that? I'm rusty in Latin - studied it for 5 years in high school, long time ago - and while it looks mostly like it, some words are not, afaik...
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info