2016 Murica Elections cant come soon enough

The simpsons did a great parody of elections. Both candidates were aliens. What can you do? not vote or vote for an alien? Either way, the system is fucked.
As for democracy in general, i think the ppl making the decisions should be the ppl who know the most about the situation. Not some ex lawyer who got into office by making hollow promises and not the general populace.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Last edited by SkyCore on Jul 17, 2014, 7:06:27 PM
Skycore, fixing your image:

"
Charan wrote:
Do any of you actually vote?

Serious question here, since it's mandatory here in Australia. That is to say, while we may have lost faith in the system, every so often, we have no choice but to pretend otherwise.

How do they enforce mandatory voting? What if you're too sick / disabled to go to a voting booth?

Only reason I dont vote is because Im not going to or wanting to queue up at a voting booth.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by bhavv on Jul 17, 2014, 8:12:17 PM
You can vote online. You can pre-vote (I always do this). There are probably special conditions for those unable to vote. And if you don't want to vote, you can always just draw penises on your ballot, since it's obviously anonymous.

But willfully not submitting a ballot without any sort of explanation will result in a fine. They tried to do it to me when I was overseas once.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Oh if I could vote online I would.

The UK is sooo backwards. Can only vote at public booths full of all those sweaty smelly people I dont want to be near.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by bhavv on Jul 17, 2014, 8:28:19 PM
Fairly sure voting online is one of those 'only if you absolutely have to' things. And it might not be for federal elections, only local or state. At any rate, pre-voting is precisely what it sounds like -- it's meant to be for people who won't be available on the day but mostly it's about 10% of the population wising up and voting over a week rather than one day. There's still a line but it's nothing compared to the day.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
My mom would love this post. I think I'll send her the link. Thanks.
"
Charan wrote:
Fairly sure voting online is one of those 'only if you absolutely have to' things. And it might not be for federal elections, only local or state. At any rate, pre-voting is precisely what it sounds like -- it's meant to be for people who won't be available on the day but mostly it's about 10% of the population wising up and voting over a week rather than one day. There's still a line but it's nothing compared to the day.

But what if you are just not interested in voting and refuse to do so? They come to your home and arrest you or something?
"
But what if you are just not interested in voting and refuse to do so? They come to your home and arrest you or something?

He mentioned a fine. Still, if all you need to do to avoid that is to send in a penis ballot I don't see the use. They're going to ignore that vote anyway so it is for all intents and purposes an alibi vote. It's only function is so that you can slap yourself on the chest and say "Look at me, I did my democratic duty so I'm a good boy". No thanks, I'd rather skip those steps etirely.
You won't get no glory on that side of the hole.
"
Upandatem wrote:
"

He mentioned a fine. Still, if all you need to do to avoid that is to send in a penis ballot I don't see the use. They're going to ignore that vote anyway so it is for all intents and purposes an alibi vote. It's only function is so that you can slap yourself on the chest and say "Look at me, I did my democratic duty so I'm a good boy". No thanks, I'd rather skip those steps etirely.

Actually a penis vote gives more info about your population than no vote at all.

This way you actually know the amount completely unsatisfied with the political situation, not only hindered or not bothering. All aside the impact in % such votes still can imply.

If I happen to stumble upon someone not voting because "every party is shit", I encourage them to go there and cross out their complete voting papers. This way the "vote" is still considered for the results. Just for no party.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jul 18, 2014, 5:21:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info