2016 Murica Elections cant come soon enough

"
Nightmare90 wrote:
"
Upandatem wrote:
"
But what if you are just not interested in voting and refuse to do so? They come to your home and arrest you or something?

He mentioned a fine. Still, if all you need to do to avoid that is to send in a penis ballot I don't see the use. They're going to ignore that vote anyway so it is for all intents and purposes an alibi vote. It's only function is so that you can slap yourself on the chest and say "Look at me, I did my democratic duty so I'm a good boy". No thanks, I'd rather skip those steps etirely.

Actually a penis vote gives more info about your population than no vote at all.

This way you actually know the amount completely unsatisfied with the political situation, not only hindered or not bothering. All aside the impact in % such votes still can imply.

If I happen to stumble upon someone not voting because "every party is shit", I encourage them to go there and cross out their complete voting papers. This way the "vote" is still considered for the results. Just for no party.

Politicians dont care if you vote or not. And if they screw up they blame you because you didnt vote. Thats democracy for ya.
Quite frankly, I'd have as much chance convincing an American of the Aus election process as an American would the Second Amendment to someone utterly alien to the idea of openly armed citizens. Different things work for different countries. Rather, certain dysfunctions better suit different societies.

That's all.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Jul 18, 2014, 9:06:56 AM
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
Actually a penis vote gives more info about your population than no vote at all.

This way you actually know the amount completely unsatisfied with the political situation, not only hindered or not bothering. All aside the impact in % such votes still can imply.

If I happen to stumble upon someone not voting because "every party is shit", I encourage them to go there and cross out their complete voting papers. This way the "vote" is still considered for the results. Just for no party.

That's the thing though. Where I live (the swedish section of the frigid north) these kind of votes are invalid and have no effect on the results. If I'm going to vote I'll do it properly but until then I don't feel the need to pretend.
You won't get no glory on that side of the hole.
"
Väkirauta wrote:
Is it a white cat.. or a black one?

I'd only vote for a yellow one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info