So how do they get so much currency in a few days ?

"
johnKeys wrote:

RMT sites are already selling stuff for the new leagues, and their army of bots is already in place, to deliver customer orders.
Fun fact, don't you think?


Yup - there is RMT in the new leagues.

Yup - there are bots in the new leagues.

Yup - the currency those bots make may well be going on sale.

Do I need to bot/buy currency to reach the top? No - I'll give an example, last 2-week Race I had 8 exalts 4 days in, just from casually doing Cruel Dominus boosts, no good drops.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
Last edited by Chundadragon on July 17, 2014 4:58 AM
"
Grughal wrote:


There's more than 23 chaos orbs in new league when first 1000 characters get past Hillock.

How would "they" pump orbs into existence on new leagues? In new hardcore league? With invaders?



Ahh you mean Brutus, Chaos orbs don't drop off mobs under ilvl12 anymore. Alchs, Regrets, Chromes, and chance orbs are the highest you get to combat botters.
Got the point, then missed it, Dragon.

You didn't RMT, but that guy who bought this and that from you - did.
And if he did't - the guy he got those orbs from did, and so forth.

RMT seems to have taken over the game completely, and if a platoon of bots has grown tenfold into an army since Open Beta - that means they have enough demand and GGG are doing too little to stop them.

@Gruhal and Tail, do tell me more about people dropping 2300 Chaos Orbs from Hillock after 10 minutes.
Fuck the Economy! Nuke the Economy!
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/965629
"
You didn't RMT, but that guy who bought this and that from you - did.
And if he did't - the guy he got those orbs from did, and so forth.


You're just stating that without anything backing it up. I gave the example of how I paid with a big sum of chaos by selling several small items and looting my own chaos. Pretty much the whole economy functions on that basis. Chunda gave the example of selling many dominus kills in a HC setting(for a cheap price).There is nothing special about the currency situation in this 1 month league.

Is RMT prevalent in PoE? Sure it is but no more than any other popular game that has trading. GGG does regularly ban bots which are the main source of income for RMT. Even since closed beta GGG has been adamant to combat RMT before anyone even mentioned it. That's more than most online games, which outright ignore its existence.

As long as PoE remains popular and free, RMT is never going to back off. I don't see the need to include it in every topic when that's the case.
ingame name: youngleaf
Last edited by kasub on July 17, 2014 5:28 AM
"
johnKeys wrote:
Got the point, then missed it, Dragon.

You didn't RMT, but that guy who bought this and that from you - did.
And if he did't - the guy he got those orbs from did, and so forth.

RMT seems to have taken over the game completely, and if a platoon of bots has grown tenfold into an army since Open Beta - that means they have enough demand and GGG are doing too little to stop them.


You can lead anything to anything you want with this logic.

"I bought a soda today, was probably from factory with a child working included, and if not true, the manufacturing factory got supplier who did child work etc...."

"
johnKeys wrote:

@Gruhal and Tail, do tell me more about people dropping 2300 Chaos Orbs from Hillock after 10 minutes.


I said 23 and after 1000 characters have cleared it.

I stand corrected by IamtheAxeMan regarding zone levels and chaos orbs dropping.

But the point was, more than 23 chaos orbs drop from every zone (yes, starting coast too if it was possible)when they are cleared by thousands of characters (there's way over 15,000 characters who did normal Brutus on hardcore-1-month).
"
"
Grughal wrote:


There's more than 23 chaos orbs in new league when first 1000 characters get past Hillock.

How would "they" pump orbs into existence on new leagues? In new hardcore league? With invaders?



Ahh you mean Brutus, Chaos orbs don't drop off mobs under ilvl12 anymore. Alchs, Regrets, Chromes, and chance orbs are the highest you get to combat botters.


Source? Only fusings have that limitation last time I saw a dev mention it.

"
@Gruhal and Tail, do tell me more about people dropping 2300 Chaos Orbs from Hillock after 10 minutes.


When did 23 become 2300.
Last edited by Wubbietail on July 17, 2014 5:47 AM
"
johnKeys wrote:
Got the point, then missed it, Dragon.

You didn't RMT, but that guy who bought this and that from you - did.
And if he did't - the guy he got those orbs from did, and so forth.

RMT seems to have taken over the game completely, and if a platoon of bots has grown tenfold into an army since Open Beta - that means they have enough demand and GGG are doing too little to stop them.

@Gruhal and Tail, do tell me more about people dropping 2300 Chaos Orbs from Hillock after 10 minutes.


Heh, your logic always gives me a good laugh. In a trade chain of 100 people, if 1 guy out of those 100 RMTed, this means all 100 people were affected by RMT, which means RMT has taken over the game completely. Top notch johnKeys logic :3
If you need to use hyperbole to make a point, you only admit that your point is too weak to stand on its own.
Also time for some arbitrary math: If we assume that a chaos drops every 5 hours on average (dunno what the real number is, but sounds realistic), and if we further assume that 1000 people are playing the game at any given time (very conservative estimate), this means that 24000/5= 4800 chaos orbs drop every day, or 4800/24= 200 chaos orbs drop every single hour. This is with very conservative numbers and without including the chaos recipe which accounts for a huge amount of additional chaos entering the economy.
If you need to use hyperbole to make a point, you only admit that your point is too weak to stand on its own.
So people sell nice items they get or loot chaos/exalts that drop. Seems easy enough. Too bad I've only gotten 3 chaos drop from 1-67, no exalts or other big currency, all uniques the typical dumpster vendor fodder. Sometimes wonder how fun this game would be if you actually got lucky
"
"
johnKeys wrote:

RMT sites are already selling stuff for the new leagues, and their army of bots is already in place, to deliver customer orders.
Fun fact, don't you think?


Yup - there is RMT in the new leagues.

Yup - there are bots in the new leagues.

Yup - the currency those bots make may well be going on sale.

Do I need to bot/buy currency to reach the top? No - I'll give an example, last 2-week Race I had 8 exalts 4 days in, just from casually doing Cruel Dominus boosts, no good drops.


I have played this game long enough to know this is a fucking lie.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info