RMT Sites are now making their own items and selling copies.

"
missuse wrote:
"
Mahesys wrote:
With high end items a research can be done. See the wand in OP's post. You see that wand --> you look at who has that items ingame --> ban

This is not correct logic.

For instance I bought a dagger:

from a player (if ggg requests I can provide name) for 180 ex hard earned orbs.

I could not find the forum mirroring thread, so I assumed some guild or rich guy made it to be used for himself and his friends/guild mates. Like the 558 ambusher which was not offered for mirror service even tho it was first 6xt1 ambusher.

After reading this post I thought my dagger might be rmt offered and guess what I did find it. Should I be banned for having it?

No, you shouldn't.
But it is testimony to how little a fuck GGG have ever given.
The day they signed off on mirrors working as they do, the day they brainfarted the eternal orb and every day ever that they 'fingers in ears, head in sand' insist that binding of any form in the slightest is sacrilege; they add stamps of approval to the RMTfest that is and always will be, PoE.

GGG created this game to be as RMT friendly as it is, they created it to be as RMT tempting as it is and they created it to be as non cut and dried as it is in regards to cleaning up.

In short, they don't give a shit.
Casually casual.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:

No, you shouldn't.
But it is testimony to how little a fuck GGG have ever given.
The day they signed off on mirrors working as they do, the day they brainfarted the eternal orb and every day ever that they 'fingers in ears, head in sand' insist that binding of any form in the slightest is sacrilege; they add stamps of approval to the RMTfest that is and always will be, PoE.

GGG created this game to be as RMT friendly as it is, they created it to be as RMT tempting as it is and they created it to be as non cut and dried as it is in regards to cleaning up.

In short, they don't give a shit.

"
Veruski wrote:

There exists a certain website where people openly trade items for "forum gold." It's been around for a lonnnng time.

It would be TRIVIAL for GGG to find and ban people who use it excessively.... But they never do.

Soooooooo.........

It's the source of most of the cross-league trading, and how like 95% of people who get rich in the 4-months get a head start.

I suspect Veruski's figure of 95% is made up but I don't doubt this happens. Is this the by-product of eternals and mirrors? Would removing eternals and mirrors solve this? :/ Removing them just means instead of $250 dollars for the wand, it would be $2500. (Not 6T1 most likely)
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Honestly though, doesn't RMT just bother like the .1% richest at the top of PoE, lol. Those guys are just getting sweaty at the thought of the RMT sites eating into their own ingame profits/RMT. Cause I sure as hell know that shit doesn't bother me cause I'll never sniff more than a couple of exalts (seen one drop EVER, no eternals, two divines, no top end unique), let alone a mirror worthy item lol. So yeah, it really doesn't affect 99.9% of players cause the orb/useful unique drop rate in this game is absolutely fucking dumpster
This whole thread just reads like one giant advert for that site for anyone who didn't already know about it. This isn't new, whatever damage it does has already been going on for a long time, all this thread is going to do is give them some more business.

Ban their accounts? Yeah fine, but these guys have been in business a long time, they aren't noobs. They've always found ways around everything blizzard threw at them, so it's not fair to expect GGG to just suddenly find some magical solution to it.

Just be happy they aren't selling 1 month league stuff yet.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Jul 17, 2014, 6:01:05 AM
Then make all items bound to account. That will be fun.
"
Then make all items bound to account. That will be fun.

You see, this is yet another binary post by Dirk, where he thinks he's being clever, but is anything but.

Here's the thing, Dirk, it isn't a case of either everything free trade or everything bound.

There is a massive area between.
Binding certain items only.
Binding certain items only after certain criteria is met.
Restricting mirror use.
Restricting eternal use.
I could go on, and on, and on.
Casually casual.

"
torturo wrote:
"

Wth makes you think GGG manipulates drops according to bot activity?

Remember coast, ledge, fellshrine previous state ? Compare to what it's now.

And it's just the foam on the surface.

GGG adjusts currency and item drops with botters in mind and it affects all of the players.

I've never farmed those places because they are a waste of time. I farm Piety and Dominus, I also used to farm Catacombs when it still had frequent large chests.

The drop rate hasn't changed for me at all. The last 24h have been especially good with a Tabula, Pyre, and Romira's.

If GGG has nerfed the drop rates in certain zones it is not the ones I play in...

Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
"
"
torturo wrote:
"

Wth makes you think GGG manipulates drops according to bot activity?

Remember coast, ledge, fellshrine previous state ? Compare to what it's now.

And it's just the foam on the surface.

GGG adjusts currency and item drops with botters in mind and it affects all of the players.

I've never farmed those places because they are a waste of time. I farm Piety and Dominus, I also used to farm Catacombs when it still had frequent large chests.

The drop rate hasn't changed for me at all. The last 24h have been especially good with a Tabula, Pyre, and Romira's.

If GGG has nerfed the drop rates in certain zones it is not the ones I play in...

RIP Catacombs.

Where's next ?
"
Temper wrote:
RIP Catacombs.

Where's next ?

Catacombs had the large chests removed in response to corrupted zones, not because of bots. Don't confuse the issues.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
Last edited by Fluffy_Puppies on Jul 17, 2014, 6:23:36 AM
"

Catacombs had the large chests removed in response to corrupted zones, not because of bots. Don't confuse the issues.

Cata was nerfed because of map hacks. It wasn't related with corrupted zones at all...
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info