RMT Sites are now making their own items and selling copies.

"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
Shit individual drops + completely unregulated economy = rmt's wet dream. Imo GGG only has themselves to blame when rmt becomes so prevalent.

well said
IGN : Sir_Big
I don't think GGG gives a rat's ass about RMT users infesting their game. In fact, GGG might even enjoy it. RMT sites attracts more RMT users, who have an abundance of IRL $$$ to throw around. Not only are RMT users buying items with cash, they're more than likely buying a shit-ton of stash tabs to store all their RMT'd gear.

By allowing RMT to run rampant in this game, GGG themselves are indirectly complicit in breaking their own Terms of Use. RMT users simply become a means to an end of letting GGG make a bit of dough.
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503
Last edited by rrtson on Jul 16, 2014, 11:48:46 PM
I feel like this is one of those cases where GGG should probably find the account that has the original item being offered for mirror service by the rmt site and delete that account along with any and all copies of the item. They should do something fast be for the item changes hands from the person who bought it from the rmt site too someone who buys it from them not knowing the items history.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
"
Achilion wrote:
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
Shit individual drops + completely unregulated economy = rmt's wet dream. Imo GGG only has themselves to blame when rmt becomes so prevalent.

well said

From someone who absolutely loves the current trading system;

Dots are connecting, and I don't like what I see. I hope there is a way out of this without a major economy overhaul or gimping the game.
GGG actually does fight rmt pretty well from what I see.

They got a handle on rmt chat and pm spam faster and better than any other game I have ever seen.

They have made posts before about the hunt to ban and put rmt sites under and compared such fights to a money fight. It costs GGG money to make rmt sites lose money. Even when they shut them down new ones will pop up weeks later, so its a neverending fight.

As far as simply banning people who they strongly suspect of it by comparing user names to jsp etc.... They have to be 100% sure when they pursue action against someone, its not as easy as some of the haters make it sound.

Even if mirrors/eternals didnt exist than guess what? RMT would still exist, but rather than 250$ for ur BiS item it would be 1k+ and people would bitch even more that the top tiers of items are only available for people who rmt.
Last edited by Splift on Jul 16, 2014, 8:09:07 PM
"
Achilion wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
I got 99 problems but Standard ain't one.

Thats exactly one part of the problem ... Noone cares about Standard other than players that actualy play standard. Their voice is not heard by GGG in my opinion

Doesn't like unlimited currency.

Complains about only unlimited currency league.

Kettle, meet stupot.

VI
Last edited by ConanTheGamebarian on Jul 16, 2014, 8:39:43 PM
"
Atlas305 wrote:

Ventor is right. Its simple supply and demand on every level but I will use a high end example. Say I have a mirror for sale and at any given time there are ten real non rmt players that can afford it. They put in their time, grinded and traded to afford the mirror. Now add twenty players that got sick of grinding and bought tons of exalts each. You have one mirror and now thirty buyers instead of ten. What do you think happens when I see so many more buyers to my mirror's sale price? Its a huge increase in demand. Its counterfeit money basically. And when you can print money you don't care what things cost.

I already answered to this. About your example, yeah RMT sucks for legit high end players, never denied that. But the guys who can legitly afford a mirror make maybe 0.01% of the population. The average player that I'm always talking about isn't affected by any of this.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
but a game without rmt is pretty much dead
"
Tom1989 wrote:

oshi

✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503
"
rrtson wrote:
"
Tom1989 wrote:

oshi

I was looking for this gif. thank you.
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info