Creating a Unique Item

It's hard not to be negative, when it is such an obvious garbage unique.

First of all it doesn't have any significant physical damage so I will treat it like a bad staff with no block and bias strongly against rolling blue slots.

If anyone is suicidal enough to not wear a shield in hardcore they can just dual wield divinarius and get close to 280 crit/140 spell damage which happens at lvl66 and is way better than 360% crit chance at lvl90; the 20% aoe also being better for some spells. Even 2 blue Platinum kris of Ruin can match that crit chance for basically free. Not to mention potential rare daggers with spell damage and crit multi rolls. If you think that 360% crit chance from a two hander at lvl90 is significant in any shape or form I feel bad for you.

Giving up a shield and any caster mods so that you can save 1 gem slot for 6% life leech is not worth it under any circumstances(btw the gem is 8.8%, which is about 50% better and happens to apply on all hits, not just crits). The concept of opportunity cost is lost on you.

Very amusing joke suggesting using it with kaoms, if you have the currency to 6link that and paint it with enough blue offcolors and buy a kaoms(all in hardcore fresh league) you are going to spend said imaginary currency on something else, I guarantee you.

The suggestion to use it for keeping the unique granite up is also bad. You give up the block from a shield and any other defensive stats so that you can get the block from a flask that you have to press a key every 5 seconds to keep up. And since you are not wearing a shield in the first place you can't even max the block, which defeats the entire purpose of going for block chance in the first place. The mf flask is used one time to cull bosses so it doesn't matter if you can refresh it fast or not. And diamond flask just lol, there is no space for a single diamond flask on the belt in hc, let alone 2 of them. And flasks in general refresh themselves fast enough when killing monsters with good clear speed. The "gains charges on crit" only holds significance in a prolonged boss fights with no adds.

The saddest part is that all you "master theorycrafters" are never ever going to do anything with this.

It is not just a weak item, it is an absolutely awful useless piece of garbage in its current form.

Maybe you should cheer for Veil of the night too, to be consistent?
So after HC players cried a river for their 1 month HC race because you've only announced the SC one, what do you expect from the SC players now that you've announced a new unique axe that drops just in the HC league?
I don't understand you guys.
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."
Dont think i'd ever use this axe as caster.

200%crit 114%sd 22%fcr
and these are not even top tier items ^^
Last edited by smichal52 on Jul 14, 2014, 6:18:42 AM
This axe would be so cool with vaal pact!
IGN: Caydranth
"
drakar8888 wrote:

First of all it doesn't have any significant physical damage so I will treat it like a bad staff with no block and bias strongly against rolling blue slots.

If anyone is suicidal enough to not wear a shield in hardcore they can just dual wield divinarius and get close to 280 crit/140 spell damage which happens at lvl66 and is way better than 360% crit chance at lvl90; the 20% aoe also being better for some spells. Even 2 blue Platinum kris of Ruin can match that crit chance for basically free. Not to mention potential rare daggers with spell damage and crit multi rolls. If you think that 360% crit chance from a two hander at lvl90 is significant in any shape or form I feel bad for you.

Giving up a shield and any caster mods so that you can save 1 gem slot for 6% life leech is not worth it under any circumstances(btw the gem is 8.8%, which is about 50% better and happens to apply on all hits, not just crits). The concept of opportunity cost is lost on you.

Very amusing joke suggesting using it with kaoms, if you have the currency to 6link that and paint it with enough blue offcolors and buy a kaoms(all in hardcore fresh league) you are going to spend said imaginary currency on something else, I guarantee you.

The suggestion to use it for keeping the unique granite up is also bad. You give up the block from a shield and any other defensive stats so that you can get the block from a flask that you have to press a key every 5 seconds to keep up. And since you are not wearing a shield in the first place you can't even max the block, which defeats the entire purpose of going for block chance in the first place. The mf flask is used one time to cull bosses so it doesn't matter if you can refresh it fast or not. And diamond flask just lol, there is no space for a single diamond flask on the belt in hc, let alone 2 of them. And flasks in general refresh themselves fast enough when killing monsters with good clear speed. The "gains charges on crit" only holds significance in a prolonged boss fights with no adds.

The saddest part is that all you "master theorycrafters" are never ever going to do anything with this.

It is not just a weak item, it is an absolutely awful useless piece of garbage in its current form.

well its just one of the many items for those theorycrafters to fap about while its actual purpose is just to inflate the unique pool with more of such niche and mediocre items.
The Harvest
Kaom's Heart
Three Dragons
Infernal Blow crit build

go.

Edit: oh wow, just noticed it's a Jasper Chopper. faceplant. Why isn't this a Karui Chopper? :/

Guess it will be just a so-so leveling unique. Won't be able to build for too much crit at lvl 37 anyway.

Still curious to see the other related uniques and their interactions with The Harvest.
Pants of Textile
Last edited by nikals on Jul 14, 2014, 6:48:01 AM
2 grapes:
-its a axe not a scythe, scythes are the ones with longer +3meleerange
-the "leveling"-mods weren´t used to level in D2 either, most of the time they were "equipped later mods"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
I'll add, and I plan to elaborate on this in a post soon, the concept of item growth is something the devs have actively denied of custom designs in the past. I wanted 'per character level' on at least one of my designs. They said no, and while we have Pillar style work arounds, to see a Dev implement something outright rejected to paying supporters is supremely unprofessional.

I'm far from the only Diaternal to have found the whole design a unique concept wanting.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
"
drakar8888 wrote:

well its just one of the many items for those theorycrafters to fap about while its actual purpose is just to inflate the unique pool with more of such niche and mediocre items.

I never said i wasn't a bad unique. In fact in my first post it was called vendor food, which it is. I was just reffering to theorycrafting uptime on flasks, whether it is applicable in real game scenario is another question altogether. It isn't.

As always, the consept is good, just not enough. Crit per lvl is far too small and no other stats to match even mid tier rares. Plus there are much better lvling uniques already in game and the per lvl mod suggest end game application. What kind of end game they had in mind I have no idea though.
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
Last edited by Allnamestaken on Jul 14, 2014, 7:19:15 AM
"
see beyond the face value of the items and find their true potential.

Speaking for myself, that's where I have alot of fun with the game.

But then again I do goofy things like -

Ele buzzsaw / animate weapon hybrid (since both like the Anger/Wrath combo) using the Voidhome (good APS for the buzz saw side of things and rarity penalty will mean more white weapons to animate).

It may not always work out, but I think it's about trying to make idea work.

Anyways, looking forward to the axe. I love the potions recharging on crit - holy shit that's huge.

Edit: to expand on the potions recharging bit.

On the str side of the passive tree, my biggest problem was counters to spells, if I wanted to play a 2hander build. I went with the various elemental flasks to counter spells.

At one point I thought about having the voidhome on weapon swap with crit and surgeon, elemental flasks because I don't want to burn expensive end game portals on recharging my potions.

I need a means to recharge the elemental/granite/all other flasks on hit for late game bosses with no minions or even along side charges from minion kills.

Aslong as I have enough dps on that axe (which can stay on weapon swap) to take down random adds, its entire purpose will be to get me ready to attack again.

But honestly, by now it should be clear that you can't evaluate an item on its own. It's just a piece of the puzzle, one component of the entire synergy.

Just like when the "100 rarity on low life" boots were called deathtraps in HC, no one knew that Shav's would show up and make low life mfer's a thing.
Last edited by VortexNomad on Jul 14, 2014, 12:55:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info