Creating a Unique Item

"
Grughal wrote:
"
Allnamestaken wrote:
Are you kidding us? No, really? I just kept waiting for a reveal of a good unique at the end and even after every mode of it being totally uncompatible with the base... And in the end I saw some vendor food. It is useless for all attack builds as it does almost no damage and has no aspd. For a caster? Where is crit multi? spell damage, castspeed?

So you were hoping for a BiS unique that's like a glorified rare?

Unique should have something unique in it (like this axe has) and then lack in other aspects, making the choice whether to use it or, truly a choice.

Yes, yes. Go defend another useless item that will just clutter MF chars screen and make these people even more frustrated that they never get a good item drop.
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
HYPE !
Please RNG give me a fishing rod !
Cyclone + CoC + EK + Discharge + Arc + GMP anyone?
edit: since that was 6 off color so maybe Iron Will instead of Arc.
Last edited by jintoga123 on Jul 14, 2014, 2:24:08 AM
"
Allnamestaken wrote:
Are you kidding us? No, really? I just kept waiting for a reveal of a good unique at the end and even after every mode of it being totally uncompatible with the base... And in the end I saw some vendor food. It is useless for all attack builds as it does almost no damage and has no aspd. For a caster? Where is crit multi? spell damage, castspeed?

It has on lvl 100 chararcter (unreachable for most) twice as much crit chance than wand+shield combo for a caster, not too shaby. Too bad these also have spelldamage, crit multi, cast speed, defenses, added stats. Why are you always afraid to go all out? You get a nice consept but are always afraid to follow through and end up with an underpowered item. Did shavs and CoE really scare you so much?

How about the fact that it has 6% leech on crit (which should apply to all the damage as it doesn't specify the damage type)? You save a gem slot right there. You could also use Kaom's with the axe if you wanted to since you can 6link it.

It definitely isn't a trash unique, I think a lot of pretty interesting and viable builds can be made using the axe. I myself am going to theorycraft some builds with it and see if they work. Very interesting unique imo.
Last edited by MIIKKAAA on Jul 14, 2014, 2:26:23 AM
Sweet unique and well written post. I don't usually trade but I may make an exception to get hold of this one. :)
There has to be a low point where some people stop complaining because it's just not worth it, and I have yet to see it. - Squeakypaw, 2013
"
MIIKKAAA wrote:
"
Allnamestaken wrote:

It has on lvl 100 chararcter (unreachable for most) twice as much crit chance than wand+shield combo for a caster, not too shaby. Too bad these also have spelldamage, crit multi, cast speed, defenses, added stats. Why are you always afraid to go all out? You get a nice consept but are always afraid to follow through and end up with an underpowered item. Did shavs and CoE really scare you so much?

How about the fact that it has 6% leech on crit (which should apply to all the damage as it doesn't specify the damage type)? You save a gem slot right there. You could also use Kaom's with the axe if you wanted to since you can 6link it.

It definitely isn't a trash unique, I think a lot of pretty interesting and viable builds can be made using the axe. I myself am going to theorycraft some builds with it and see if they work. Very interesting unique imo.

I agree. Last 2 patches and now this item. Its like they all miss something because GGG is scared to get another shav or CoE. I read all 8 pages lots of people like this one. But in the end half of them will not use it and the other half uses a 2h weapon on a caster imo especially on HC you wont get far with such a setup. If it was a staff then maybe because you get some block. IMO add some flat phys dmg to the item. and throw some crit multiplier on it as well THEN you get a good unique now its just meh imo.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/913599 <--- mirror Thread
So this will be for new 4m SC league? Oh, thanks for sharing, many thanks :)

Month ahead I already new, that there will be no point in playing in that league, as I play temp leagues only to get interesting league specific uniques, this one doesn't fit into this category.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Last edited by tmaciak on Jul 14, 2014, 3:45:20 AM
i believe people of GGG Never have played PoE-EndGame-LeveledExperience(like over 90s) since it had released

they don't understand what's gone wrong, what players need

i'm out

Here is my take on how GGG is failing on unique item design.

1. rare items have no interesting mods what so ever, so a unique is either going to be better or worse then a comparable rare.
2. A lot of them are aimed around middle levels when people just use items to get by at that point. Builds don't start until the 70s-80s so why even bother with unique items before then unless they are for leveling?

no spell leech on wands
no extra block chance on staffs.
no %chance to cast a spell.
no + accuracy per level
no +life per level
no +mana per level

That itemization is so lack luster in this game it isn't even funny.

You guys seriously need to go look at some d2 items and realize what made them good. You may notice most of the popular ones required high levels or gave + to skills or %elemental damage.

Last edited by heyyous on Jul 14, 2014, 4:14:42 AM
Shame on those who are speaking so negatively about this unique. While some uniques are better than others, I would rather have some interesting uniques not just each one super powered. Not every single unique has to be a game breaking or build making item like Shav's, the people who are upset about this are the people who only want to build the ABSOLUTE INARGUABLE BEST possible character and have best of slots in all parts of their gear and don't want to get creative. I think that is so obtuse and mindless.

Can I remind you that uniques being TOO powerful is NOT good? Here is a video from Kripp that pretty much sums it up. Think whatever you want about him but he is a real genius when it comes to this kind of thing.

(for those who are too lazy to watch the vid, he basically explains why a "trash" unique is actually very strong in certain situations)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFS0OpHNxNo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info