[2.1 Ghazzy - Summoner Guides] Low Budget Builds

"
bcutter wrote:
Hey Ghazzy,

damn that was fast! Many thanks for your aswers ;)

sitting at 4200k hp feels okay for me atm.

Manaregen is not a problem atm, in can even cast spirits while vaalhaste is active without running out of mana, and with a more leveled clarity it will only be better (as long as iam spamming 5L SRS at least).

So i should take out ID on the cwdt setup and put arctic armor there, that opens up the socketed ring for something else. good idea. And what should i use instead of FC on the totem?

And finaly: you think its worth to save up to 1500 fusings to 6L my staff? Its a shame that i have no backup for it, so i dont want to try to 6L it and break my 5L and thus break my build as i love to play that character.

cheers

Cant see what gems you have linked now. So can't help properly there, perhaps it would be smoothest for you to pop in to my stream when im live and PM me in game with the questions so i can verbally go through the entire socket changes?

"
MrNevertilt wrote:
Hey there Ghazzy,

I have a question about the LB-SRS Summoner build. On the skill tree for

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA2VsbJUuu6QLfim0Za9t9GOyKv5fJPRzcf8ZqrFqRqH3T-4LHKPq0DJMnE2wdquGIRnHGnhB_DH36gCqY2QunCLiT6-6IQKasGmydroCkFy_60h0Uj0Zk51XWTbkQl0QEzLz315uhhWCqxBqP9tr7CRmKm7XDOspKb56DCXC77BjBxS9v2RNmnsAakFX0cUNUHdmIQg186rpXyfnoLL8V14auVmMD7h2-M4esqlnzzzJZbV-YbqpKyD8nKk19W6xHUUxq-g5cRX5MsyL0bAsNjRFQNbmnKx1PBkk=

It shows that off of the Puppet Master cluster I need to get the unconnected Herd the Flock cluster, but it won't allow me to get it ingame because there is nothing connecting it, and I can't remove a prior passives after I work my way to it. Is there some way to get it that I'm not noticing, or is it a misplaced passive?

Seems as you are refering to one of the broken buildtree links. Try the buildtree links on the very top of the thread! They are updated and working.

I will cleanse this entire build tree and rework it when the patch goes live for updated properly written guide.

"
robertune wrote:
hi i find this staff is good for srs build

Hey,
Believe you whispered me in-game about this, the answer is: Craft cast speed on it and its worth about 6-8ex (I THINK! Double check poe.trade for value)

"
Bermag wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:

Crafting it yourself is ALL about RNG, it "should" be SUPER expensive and i would not recommend it at all. I tried during Bloodlines, bought a 6L staff for 6ex and ended with a final ammount of 19ex spent trying to craft it. I stopped when i had t1 cast speed with +2.

But like you say, 6L +2 > 5L +3. Links makes a HUGE difference.

I personally wouldn't recommend using permanent minions with this build as its rather buildtree expensive so to say. And don't consider getting HP nodes nor resistance nodes to keep your spirits alive, its a waste.
Olmec is a heavy map for this build due to its heavy AoE dmg, once your gems are lvld enough your spirits will kill them fast enough :)

RNgesus have been good to me lately. The last week I have managed to vaal +1 to 3 gems, got a 40/15 belly I sold for 3 ex from master and got shav's from Tora. So maybe my luck is with me right now :). But yes it is hard to craft and if was sure that ity would cost me 20 ex to craft it then fine but there is no guarantee.

So far I haven't invested anything extra for permanent minions. I have considering taking "Her the flock" to get +1 zombie + 15% resistance which should benefit the SRS slighlty as well (but not sure it is worth a SP though). My zombies however take up 4 slots (my helmet) and maybe there are better use for those sockets. Zombies have no chance at higher level maps not even if you have maximized all minions skill. IMO only Montregul's zombies have a chance. I wish I could make a SRS / Zombie hybrid build using Montregul's but it will be bad w/o +level you get from a staff. But a chest with crafted +1 zombies (So you get 5 zombies) and vaaled with +1 socketed gems might be an interesting option. But that is hard (impossible?) to find.

Now, this is why i love this game, it provides you with so many ways of tweaking a build!
I still would strongly advice from using permanent minions due to the obvious fact that they can't survive in higher lvld maps. Yes you can have MUCH better use of those sockets imo.

Your RNG seems to be off the roof, have you considered buying a lottery ticket IRL? (No joke)

Without the staff the SRS DMG is significantly dropped, I did try a CI SRS with a Wand / Shield (both had maxed cast speed + Bench Cast Speed) and it could handle Atziri, but trust me, it was VERY IFFY. If you were to put in a Montegruls Grasp that gives ONLY stats to zombies not minions. It would be even worse for the build.

So even if you sort a chest piece for higher linked zombies the investment required from the skilltree is WAY to much to make it worth even considering, imo. :)
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
"
MrNevertilt wrote:
Hey there Ghazzy,

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA2VsbJUuu6QLfim0Za9t9GOyKv5fJPRzcf8ZqrFqRqH3T-4LHKPq0DJMnE2wdquGIRnHGnhB_DH36gCqY2QunCLiT6-6IQKasGmydroCkFy_60h0Uj0Zk51XWTbkQl0QEzLz315uhhWCqxBqP9tr7CRmKm7XDOspKb56DCXC77BjBxS9v2RNmnsAakFX0cUNUHdmIQg186rpXyfnoLL8V14auVmMD7h2-M4esqlnzzzJZbV-YbqpKyD8nKk19W6xHUUxq-g5cRX5MsyL0bAsNjRFQNbmnKx1PBkk=

It shows that off of the Puppet Master cluster I need to get the unconnected Herd the Flock cluster, but it won't allow me to get it ingame because there is nothing connecting it, and I can't remove a prior passives after I work my way to it. Is there some way to get it that I'm not noticing, or is it a misplaced passive?

"
Ghazzy wrote:
Seems as you are refering to one of the broken buildtree links. Try the buildtree links on the very top of the thread! They are updated and working.

I will cleanse this entire build tree and rework it when the patch goes live for updated properly written guide.

Thank you for the quick reply, and I apologize for taking up more of your time. I just started playing PoE on April 10th, and I still have very little knowledge as to what I'm doing. Specifically when it comes to the skill tree. Which one of the upper three builds would you suggest?

I'm level 45 at the moment, and I've been following the other guide that turned out to be broken up to this point. It looks as though I can still salvage this character, as I don't have too many skill points invested that don't match up to the other builds. I don't have much currency at all. I spent my only 7chaos on the sword and shield the broken guide suggested for leveling. Any input on which one would be the best to follow for a good endgame farming character, that isn't too aweful expensive would be appreciated.
"
MrNevertilt wrote:
"
MrNevertilt wrote:
Hey there Ghazzy,

"
Ghazzy wrote:

Thank you for the quick reply, and I apologize for taking up more of your time. I just started playing PoE on April 10th, and I still have very little knowledge as to what I'm doing. Specifically when it comes to the skill tree. Which one of the upper three builds would you suggest?

I'm level 45 at the moment, and I've been following the other guide that turned out to be broken up to this point. It looks as though I can still salvage this character, as I don't have too many skill points invested that don't match up to the other builds. I don't have much currency at all. I spent my only 7chaos on the sword and shield the broken guide suggested for leveling. Any input on which one would be the best to follow for a good endgame farming character, that isn't too aweful expensive would be appreciated.

Depends on your starting class.
If you're a witch you take the witch HP version, if you are a scion you take the Scion HP version etc etc.

Trust me, its my genuine pleasure to be of assistance to the community! Feel free to pop in to my stream www.twitch.tv/Ghazzy for live assistance or just chitchat have a good time with the other summoner fans ;)
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Can anyone update to me the aura gem that use to link now?

It seems change i wanna know why?

Should i go for Empower lvl 3 or added fire for my 6th gem?

"
Ghazzy wrote:

Now, this is why i love this game, it provides you with so many ways of tweaking a build!
I still would strongly advice from using permanent minions due to the obvious fact that they can't survive in higher lvld maps. Yes you can have MUCH better use of those sockets imo.

Your RNG seems to be off the roof, have you considered buying a lottery ticket IRL? (No joke)

Without the staff the SRS DMG is significantly dropped, I did try a CI SRS with a Wand / Shield (both had maxed cast speed + Bench Cast Speed) and it could handle Atziri, but trust me, it was VERY IFFY. If you were to put in a Montegruls Grasp that gives ONLY stats to zombies not minions. It would be even worse for the build.

So even if you sort a chest piece for higher linked zombies the investment required from the skilltree is WAY to much to make it worth even considering, imo. :)

Zombies works pretty well to distract mobs so you can get enough SRS out and against normal/magic mobs they survive pretty well even on high-level maps (75+). But as soon as you meet a boss/exile (or something with high AoE dam) they usually get all wiped out quickly. Or just standing in fire or something (they are not very clever).

They are useful however I frequently forget to recast zombies so maybe I don't really need them (bu nice when you have Roas/black guards). I just got a Empower lvl 4 and now even less useful.

Maybe a Golem might be more useful in the future.

Trying out options without zombies. One thing I am trying is to use Alpha which will allow me to get Purity of Fire which might be useful against Atziri (or Crematorium boss). Will give me 3 free sockets to use. Will probably try out Spell totem with Arc / EE (but I really dislike having to cast totem and they die quickly).

Last edited by Bermag on Apr 27, 2015, 9:50:59 AM
Hi,

I have not played for a long time, but now I am thinking to give this game a second chance. So please treat me like a total noob.

The main reason why I stopped playing this game is that even guides wich are declared as „cheap“ or „newbefriendly“ require a lot of gems wich you cant reach by leveling your own class.

I always loved summoners, so I came up to your guide and made a list for the gems and where to get them.

Beside the fact that you often have to choose between two gems as reward for the same quest you both need is the fact that you need some gems you cant get with the witch, for example multistrike (because you have to take echo at the same quest), melee physical dmg or melee splash. Do I really have to level another class up to merciless act 3 to get those gems? If I want to link those gems not only to SRS, but also to my zombies I have to do this twice. Also leveling just one class wont be enough, to get haste I have to level another class. So I have to spend a lot of time playing classes I am not interested in, just to get those gems to play the class I am originally interested in, that is ridiculous. Buying those gems would be another option, but gems are expensive and I dont have chaos orbs to buy them anyway.

I am level 29 right now and found my first chaos orb. So I am asking myself if I should just continue playing the witch and buy those gems or level other classes first just to get the gems? How often does a chaos orb drop? Is there a chance to get enough of them to buy all these gems?

Actually I am planing to skill like this at the beginning:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMAAuMHpYIQ37AsnEmya9vsim0ZfRgfxyt4uJPN-nyDES36gCqY2QunCJAzpqyIQEVHMtFqrFqRqH3T-4LHKPrr7gZJE2z56FNSRZ2a4A==

Can I go this way first and respec to your guide later?

Especially as a beginner you are always afraid that you are doing mistakes by choices you make by picking gems as reward or in the skilltree wich you cant correct later. For example I picked spectres instead of desecrate already and I have no chance to get it at another quest so I have to level another witch just to get that gem.

I dont mind being weak at the beginning and becoming stronger later on, that is the reason why I play such games. I am just afraid to make too many mistakes in the beginning, getting frustrated and quit the game again.

Thx in advance for your answer and any advice that may help.
Hey guys how I get vaal summon skeletons ? don't play since a year ago.
For the Vaal Summons Skeletons, you either obtain it from the Vaal Vessel at the end of a corrupted zone or you have a chance of getting one when vaaling a normal Summon Skeletons gem (thus making it possible to have 20% quality on a Vaal Summon Skeletons, if the Summon Skeletons gem you vaaled also had 20% quality on it)

Whereas for you CharminBear, I never played this build but I think it should be alright as a beginner. Do not be afraid about this whole gem story, you can buy the gems you need for very cheap from other players !
Simply check out poe.trade, you really can't play the game without this website : it allows you to search for something in the vast amount of shops on the forum and see who's online and then contact them to buy the thing you need :)

Concerning this build, I'll let Ghazzy or someone with more SRS-experience than myself answer.
I was linked her from watching you doing uber atziri with a summoner build but it wasn't SRS so do you have a link to a build that can do uber atziri that is a summon zombie build like in your video ?
"
CharminBear wrote:
Hi,

I have not played for a long time, but now I am thinking to give this game a second chance. So please treat me like a total noob.

The main reason why I stopped playing this game is that even guides wich are declared as „cheap“ or „newbefriendly“ require a lot of gems wich you cant reach by leveling your own class.

I always loved summoners, so I came up to your guide and made a list for the gems and where to get them.

Beside the fact that you often have to choose between two gems as reward for the same quest you both need is the fact that you need some gems you cant get with the witch, for example multistrike (because you have to take echo at the same quest), melee physical dmg or melee splash. Do I really have to level another class up to merciless act 3 to get those gems? If I want to link those gems not only to SRS, but also to my zombies I have to do this twice. Also leveling just one class wont be enough, to get haste I have to level another class. So I have to spend a lot of time playing classes I am not interested in, just to get those gems to play the class I am originally interested in, that is ridiculous. Buying those gems would be another option, but gems are expensive and I dont have chaos orbs to buy them anyway.

I am level 29 right now and found my first chaos orb. So I am asking myself if I should just continue playing the witch and buy those gems or level other classes first just to get the gems? How often does a chaos orb drop? Is there a chance to get enough of them to buy all these gems?

Actually I am planing to skill like this at the beginning:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMAAuMHpYIQ37AsnEmya9vsim0ZfRgfxyt4uJPN-nyDES36gCqY2QunCJAzpqyIQEVHMtFqrFqRqH3T-4LHKPrr7gZJE2z56FNSRZ2a4A==

Can I go this way first and respec to your guide later?

Especially as a beginner you are always afraid that you are doing mistakes by choices you make by picking gems as reward or in the skilltree wich you cant correct later. For example I picked spectres instead of desecrate already and I have no chance to get it at another quest so I have to level another witch just to get that gem.

I dont mind being weak at the beginning and becoming stronger later on, that is the reason why I play such games. I am just afraid to make too many mistakes in the beginning, getting frustrated and quit the game again.

Thx in advance for your answer and any advice that may help.

Better to trade for gems. Usually most gems can be had for max 1 chaos and usually lower. No need to get chaos usually becauce many people will just take lower level orbs instead. When you get to act 3 merciless then there are a lot of trading for orbs if you look at the notice board. When you get to higher areas you can earn a lot of orbs by doing the chaos recipe (trade full set of rares for 1-3 chaos).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info