Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

What Dom runs are (a sticky for this would be nice)

Let's also take a moment to talk about getting the full party drop bonus.

I've been told that if you put your TP in the boss room (like, next to the spiral stairs), you don't get the full party bonus. I don't know how true this is, but just to be safe I always put my TP right before the zone changing stairs, where the bloody barricade is.

Additionally, I've been told that if Dominus is activated without the full party in the room, he doesn't get the full bonus. I also hear that this only counts for his second form (though you still want him activated to get the full bonus on all those unique mobs).
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
"

Killing Dom - Don't join dom runs if you can't kill dom solo

Also as of the posting of this GGG STILL hasn't fixed their group system. See if you fill up a group full of 6 people and it stays that way full for about 2 min or so. it locks the group out of the general listing, forever. so if your not going to join the runs for a least a good 15 min. don't join at all. this last run that was an hour and a half long I had to reform the group like 7 times.

Killing Dom - I agree with this entirely. Often times I get some noob (like lvl 68-72) who joins the group to try to get free stuff (usually happens at the beginning of when I try to get the group started). When they come to my tp, well, I let them die, then kick them.

The reason your group stops showing isn't actually what you think. The real reason is as follows:

When someone makes a new group, it appears at the top of the parties board. The bottom party on the board is then removed. The position of 6 man parties IS tracked here.

The reason the party stops showing up is all the WTB/WTS parties in A3M, which are constantly be recreated to maintain their advertising presence. This is of course, an entirely different problem.

Basically, your party dies because there are ~25 parties made/remade a minute which drop your party off the board so people can maintain their efforts to sell their (usually) overpriced gear.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
zSavage wrote:
"

Killing Dom - Don't join dom runs if you can't kill dom solo

Also as of the posting of this GGG STILL hasn't fixed their group system. See if you fill up a group full of 6 people and it stays that way full for about 2 min or so. it locks the group out of the general listing, forever. so if your not going to join the runs for a least a good 15 min. don't join at all. this last run that was an hour and a half long I had to reform the group like 7 times.

Killing Dom - I agree with this entirely. Often times I get some noob (like lvl 68-72) who joins the group to try to get free stuff (usually happens at the beginning of when I try to get the group started). When they come to my tp, well, I let them die, then kick them.

The reason your group stops showing isn't actually what you think. The real reason is as follows:

When someone makes a new group, it appears at the top of the parties board. The bottom party on the board is then removed. The position of 6 man parties IS tracked here.

The reason the party stops showing up is all the WTB/WTS parties in A3M, which are constantly be recreated to maintain their advertising presence. This is of course, an entirely different problem.

Basically, your party dies because there are ~25 parties made/remade a minute which drop your party off the board so people can maintain their efforts to sell their (usually) overpriced gear.

I didn't know that. So that's why parties stop showing up on the notice board. Can anyone confirm this? It sounds logical i suppose but is there a source for this claim you can link?

I always thought it was because of the reasons dummyaccount444 wrote.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jul 14, 2014, 8:00:29 AM
"
kompaniet wrote:

I didn't know that. So that's why parties stop showing up on the notice board. Can anyone confirm this? It sounds logical i suppose but is there a source for this claim you can link?

I always thought it was because of the reasons dummyaccount444 wrote.

I can confirm from in game experience. That's why I put it up in the first place. I've ran a few selling parties before, and I checked the board frequently to see if my party was still up.

I noticed that when I remade my party, I always reappeared at the top of the board, and moved down over the course of time as other people refreshed their parties.

You can also see the 6 man thing working as people drop out of map groups and the party shows up on the board.

If you want to confirm it yourself, just make yourself a pub party then find yourself on the board. Periodically refresh and watch yourself drop, then remake and observe where your new party is placed.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
I believe you. Why can't the limit of max parties be higher though?
We all use the filter when looking at the noticeboard so it wouldn't hurt adding another 100 or more entries.
Not picking up rares is stupid imo. But, there is no time to id so you need lots of free stash space. Filling up 10 tabs happens pretty quickly.
Great guide for those unaware of how these runs work.

But some advice to a guide, especially one you think that should be stickied (it wont) is try to be a little more professional and mature with the contents of the guide.

Avoid spelling things with a 'z' instead of an 's' , it's rather childish.

Avoid calling people "newbs".

Avoid elitist attitude comments like "spare people your presence".

Great guide though.
"
whoismiked wrote:
Great guide for those unaware of how these runs work.

But some advice to a guide, especially one you think that should be stickied (it wont) is try to be a little more professional and mature with the contents of the guide.

Avoid spelling things with a 'z' instead of an 's' , it's rather childish.

Avoid calling people "newbs".

Avoid elitist attitude comments like "spare people your presence".

Great guide though.

Also, this is not a dom guide, it is a boss guide. Common to do this on merc merv, piety and dom.
ok whoismiked, I appolgize. I wrote this kind of in the heat of the moment. After a frustrating attempt at doing dom runs and having people drive me crazy with their utter failure to follow simple instructions, just be pricks, and GGG's group list fail forcing me to reform a group 7 times in 45 mins.

at any rate, ive stopped dom runs, most other things I can tolerate, but having to constantly reform groups drives me crazy, unless GGG fixes it in a patch its just not worth it anymore unless I get people I know I can trust.

for those people asking why party's are better then solo, that's easy. 10% IIQ 50% IIR per extra body, that's 50% more IIQ and 250% more IIR. my record so far that ive seen is 4 uniques drop from dominus all at the same time. keep hoping for 5.
Last edited by dummyaccount444 on Jul 21, 2014, 4:44:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info