What Dom runs are (a sticky for this would be nice)

What are dominus runs. well im here to talk about what dom runs are with me, in hopes that people will read this and understand before driving people who try to run dom runs totally crazy with bad or newb behaviors.

Dom runs work like this.
First you have a Culler. this person typical has a high amount of IIR/IIQ (like mine is 511/99). This person places an Anchor tp. this tp is never moved and is right at the enterance to the upper floors.

Next we have the runners. Runners need to be lvl 70ish at least. Their purpose is to start a brand new instance of Upper floors each, then RUN (do not stop to kill trash monsters unless u have no other choice) all the way to the top floor, and the leave a TP at the top where the scary demon machine is.

Then in a pre-set order the group moves from one Tp to the next killing dom for prizes and lootz. then repeat.

Now there's some common issues with dom runs that I want to point out.

Kill order - There's always a set kill order for who's tp you visit 1st,2nd,3rd ete to kill dom. there are several ways to do it, some groups run on the basis of the first one to reach him goes first, others have a list. I prefer to post in the GROUP NAME since im typical the leader. Social window > Current party Tab. right at the top where the name of the group is I write down the first 4 letters of the name of the first person who's dom we kill. example Frank/dead/kill/zone. fank goes first, then dead, then kill then zone. Now not to be too insulting but if you can't even remember which persons TP you were just in and then figure out which one comes next, then spare people ur presence because you will only tick people off by constasntly asking which tp do I go into next. write it down if nothing else.

Loot - Ok for newbs that don't understand just how many yellows wind up rotting and uniques that wind up as vendor trash, let me tell you now, on a daily basis enough Rares rot in dom runs that u could fill the screen of a full zone to the point that it crashed every day. The target of dom runs is to get him to drop those nice rare unqiues that are worth an exalt or more. most anything else is garbage. as such people DO NOT WANT TO WAIT. A good dom run means you kill all 5 doms in under 8 min. you don't take time to pick up all the loot and sell it. so get used to watching trash rot. If u feel u MUST pick up stuff start with a large full inventory and lots of wisdom scrolls, so you can identify good from bad and drop the bad on the ground, but don't waste time constnaly running to the vendor.

Speed - Unless your willing to dedicate yourself to REALLY running don't waste peoples time. Run to dom, join the kill order, kill dom, repeat. If you delay more then 30 sec per dom ur taking too freaking long. nothing kills these groups faster then "WTF is taking you so dam long! get in the next TP ete". Each body counts to the global IIR/IIQ. Now most people are consiterate, if u need to piss, then say AFK I need to piss. if your doorbell rings say, AFK door real fast. just don't go afk and not say anything. So if your eating, or working or whatever else don't waste peoples time by slowing the group down, with ur attention elsewhere.

Runs - You ARE expected to run to dom. Most groups will throw you out on your butt if you refuse for whatever reason. this is something most 60's can't do. Run means your loaded with things that make you run very fast, and you don't stop running though the zone till you arrive at dom. Just because the last dom in the order has been completed doesn't mean this is time to take a break, you get right back into it and run to dom. Upon reaching dom you shout UP letting know that your TP for dom is up, and your current run has been completed. IF you get there before anyone else, you may have a small break waiting for others to catch up, but be ready to go when the last one is ready to go.

Killing Dom - Don't join dom runs if you can't kill dom solo (unless ur the MFer). Its really painful when dom takes over a min to kill in his final form because nobody can do jack for damage. If you can't kill dom solo, then you can't dish out enough for when your doing him in a group. So unless u have someone that kills atrizi for fun and giggles backing you up be sure you can contribute to his overall spanking. which leads to a side issue for the MFer. The slower dom dies the harder it is to trigger
at the proper time to kill dom since the effect runs out when the person's mana/life is full. so it is detrimental to the over all loot when this isn't able to be used properly because he dies too slow.

my personal method is to
then
right afterward giving me about 1 sec of time.

That's about all I can think of right now. Im not much of a guide maker. so if someone else wants to post something that's more creative plz do so. However I hope this gives some people an idea of what is expected, and what to expect.

oh ya lets add this. the MF culls, if anyone else culls, bad bad! you just screwed the lootz for the party.

Also as of the posting of this GGG STILL hasn't fixed their group system. See if you fill up a group full of 6 people and it stays that way full for about 2 min or so. it locks the group out of the general listing, forever. so if your not going to join the runs for a least a good 15 min. don't join at all. this last run that was an hour and a half long I had to reform the group like 7 times.
Last edited by dummyaccount444 on Jul 12, 2014, 1:53:56 PM
Would also say that no one should run clarity, for me running with different cullers that is a problem I see people doing. As most seem to use the mana regen effect of divination to hit the extra Iir and Iiq. Hit flask then spam cull skill
actually I do run clarity. ive managed to work my life just right so that I have just enough low life a full life that using
doesn't kill me yet still be low enough that even at full life I still am low enough for
, and since I have Zealot's Oath, I don't regen life. basicly leaving me that 1 sec of time needed for the Elixir.
Last edited by dummyaccount444 on Jul 12, 2014, 10:33:08 PM
Those cullers, who use mana and not life are noobs. Many many builds use mana and not life for attacks and most of them will need clarity to do max dps. If i join a dom group and a culler is one of those noobs, i just leave. Dont need to waste my time there. Need adrenalin quicksilvers instead of mana pots ...

U know, time is money :)
This is an excellent write up and almost tutorial about Dom runs.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
1337fun wrote:
Those cullers, who use mana and not life are noobs. Many many builds use mana and not life for attacks and most of them will need clarity to do max dps. If i join a dom group and a culler is one of those noobs, i just leave. Dont need to waste my time there. Need adrenalin quicksilvers instead of mana pots ...

U know, time is money :)

Good luck using life on low life
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
i did a dominus run with a group once and would have been nice if they explained some of the rules to me first since I got kicked out for reaching dominus the quickest.

But then again I can kill dominus with over 200 iir and 100iiq in less than 5 mins so I don't see much point of me being in a group
same here with 140/285 ( more with divinaition ), I do not see the point to share the very unlikely valuable uniques with a party.... I would have been so mad if the recently dropped Kaom or Bino wasnt allocated to me..
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Jul 13, 2014, 6:32:08 PM
This seems like alot of work for not much pay off

How i do dom runs
kill almost everything that gets by me/is rare or magic and don't use any movement flasks since im not in a rush
kill dom and take anything that i may need and most likely take the portal that spawns so only able to take full invo
REPEAT

I do this alot solo and i even gain some xp at 90 so i think its worth it
Good information. A nice trick to use divination is to just hold down the hotkey for your curse during the duration. Also you should not add quality to that flask because it makes it stronger and therefore run out faster.

You may need to link it with increased duration/aoe/faster casting or other supports to make the cost exceed your mana regen/sec.

People with high lvl clarity can fuck this up. Unless you stay out of the aura range.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jul 13, 2014, 10:44:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info