bye bye caster, hallo crit dagger

"
boye wrote:
I agree that going mainstream builds are booring, so I decided to try a build I been theorycrafting a while now that 1 month started, And I belive I created a monster! Got to get all the stuff i need, but it looks promicing ( counter flicker/bow hard :)

I'm a flicker and I'm interested in seeing your counter. Will add u :)
items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
Easy counter to flicker is molten shell. Next time you see shadowthefall in the arena you should pvp him.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
"
Easy counter to flicker is molten shell. Next time you see shadowthefall in the arena you should pvp him.

many a times I have died to shadowthefall's molten :).
yes but crit daggers have a thing that let them survive to molten shell explosion, for example dullah use it and will only die very few time by molten.
PvP Team Omniscient

IGN: aBearTrap / AnExplosiveArrow

[quote="MullaXul"]ICU + alpha, bad idea[/quote]
"
tempallo wrote:
yes but crit daggers have a thing that let them survive to molten shell explosion, for example dullah use it and will only die very few time by molten.

I have a 22.4% chance to be hit by molten in the first place, and don't die to it if I pop a flask, still flasks charges are never enough and 22.4% chance seems to be too often :).

But I would not consider such an op molten a flicker counter. Its in general a melee counter and it can be overcome to a certain extent so it becomes almost negligible.
What I consider a flicker counter is someone that I have a hard time beating event tho he has several times cheaper gear. Or if he has similar lvl gear, than I can not ever hope to beat him.
Last edited by missuse on Jul 17, 2014, 1:58:36 AM
^^ in that case duel curse vulnerability and punishment along with a guardian using bramblejack.
"
^^ in that case duel curse vulnerability and punishment along with a guardian using bramblejack.

Not manageable with conversion trap?
IGN: BaiBhai | BhaiBhai | Bhailo

"
Bhaisabh wrote:
"

Not manageable with conversion trap?

1v1 a crit dagger player using conversion trap? you cant cause damage to them while they are converted so I'm not sure how that's going to help but then again I havnt played with CT too much there's plenty of things you can do to stop a crit dagger build but missuse was talking about a really cheap build that could hard counter it which imo would be the build I listed above.
Someone mentioned low life crit EK as being exceptionally strong. Can anybody explain to me what makes it so strong? Not very familiar with the mechanics of EK (all I know is that its a spell that does physical damage so maybe some CoE shit going on).

Edit: Also, has anyone tried an EB/MoM AA build yet? Curious whether that sort of damage mitigation would be effective in PvP.
Last edited by xandri on Jul 17, 2014, 6:48:09 PM
"

who is stupid enough to attack guardians? I admit some days I get the most deaths in Sarn arena by killing guardians :) but I rly don't apply the same tactic in duels (Headless running around attacking anything that moves). Btw no need for curses on me, if I whirl tru a guardian and it reflects back to me I die.

Anyway, I invite anyone who has a pvp char with a mechanic he believes is anti flicker (or he can manage flicks quite easy) to invite me to duel. I am new to pvp and keen to learn... My pvp ego is still quite small so it can be fruitful for both sides.

"
xandri wrote:
Someone mentioned low life crit EK as being exceptionally strong. Can anybody explain to me what makes it so strong? Not very familiar with the mechanics of EK (all I know is that its a spell that does physical damage so maybe some CoE shit going on).

Edit: Also, has anyone tried an EB/MoM AA build yet? Curious whether that sort of damage mitigation would be effective in PvP.

EK = a raged spell that deals phys dmg, which means it can not be easily mitigated (like the ele ones to whom most have at least 3/4 mitigation and can easily get 9/10 mitigation by using flasks/other items). Exceptionally high ek dmg in pvp means that when EK crits u die.
CoE is used to boost attack dmg by spell dmg modifiers, EK is a spell therefore it will be boosted by Pain atonement with any helm. So yea Shavs + PA + good gear (wand with spl dmg, cast speed, crit and proj speed) and lvl 4 empover = someone that can one shoot you in most cases, can run around with instant warp if he is damaged to regen ES. Has high dmg molten which can also one shoot u if u hit him as melee, and has a high dmg tempest which can also kill you quite easy if u are using some fast attack (EA for instance).

So to conclude, its pretty strong with good gear.

I don't think AA would be that great since it mitigates a lot of small hits, but MoM might be ok if u have the correct gear.
Last edited by missuse on Jul 18, 2014, 5:49:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info