Leveling gemsthe fastest?

Ive always thought the higher the map the higher the XP, therefore the fastest you level a gem. But someone mentioned to me earlier that lower level maps are faster to level gems... Is that cuz of the faster rate of killing mobs???

Can someone elaborate
I believe so, yes. In order to level your highlevel char, you usually go for the highest possible map level with the least amount of xp penalty, but that usually also means slower clearing/killing. Gems however don't suffer from xp penalty, so faster killing/clearing of low level maps or zones will get you faster levels on gems. That's how I understand it.
Hejren / Triceps / Regnbuen / Sarinti / Striglen / Mareridt / Spoegelset / Doktoren / Dobbelganger / Skjoldtrold / Forkynderen
"
PaganDK wrote:
I believe so, yes. In order to level your highlevel char, you usually go for the highest possible map level with the least amount of xp penalty, but that usually also means slower clearing/killing. Gems however don't suffer from xp penalty, so faster killing/clearing of low level maps or zones will get you faster levels on gems. That's how I understand it.

Correct. Gems do not suffer an XP penalty. Thus the most efficient way of levelling gems is a mix of clear speed and base XP per kill.
For many characters this means that farming Lunaris will be most efficient for levelling gems.
[Standard league - UTC +2]
lower maps -> higher clearspeed -> faster levelling
Forums are SOOO much fun on patch day!

Casuals play because it's fun, not to achieve any goal unreachable with their resources.
We are playing for the next difficulty, the next keystone, the next item upgrade.
Not to feel better than anyone else.
buy unique crypt maps and chain them
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Atziri... just champion
The unique 71 temple map is the best lvling place for gems if you can clear it really fast :)
"I'm afraid if I stop drinking the cumulative hangover will kill me" ~ Sterling Archer
IGN: Angryweasel / PopTheWeasel
"
Ceratoidei wrote:
Atziri... just champion

True 2-3M exp per full clear for gems :))
based on my experience on re-leveling 20% gems, maps are hands-down the fastest way to level.

i've moved gems to level 13/14 running a handful, yes 5 or 6, 73/74 maps.

I was shocked at how fast they leveled.

It's quite funny to see the gem level everytime you kill a single mob. It does that for about the first 6 or 7 levels.

But as others have said depends on your level. Since I was able to quickly clear 73/74 maps, obviously that's much, much better than lunaris runs, especially since my character was also enjoying (somewhat) decent experience.

The Supreme Truth x2 in offhand. In each:
Enlighten - Gem to lvl - Gem to lvl.
Last edited by Erehr on Jul 11, 2014, 1:33:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info