Crit Flicker/Reaver - 1.2 Rampage updated - Peyter

Hey,

TLDR;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iwqPqvaesk

I made ths guide because of a request, not spellchecked - ill do that tomorrow.

currently under construction

Build Intro

This build was created in the Ambush league and got several buffs threw the 1.2 update(easy acces to daggers, better phy damage nodes, lvling is super easy thanks to more life per lvl).

You can play this build with either 6l Flicker and 4l Reave or 6lReave 4l Flicker depending on what you prefer.

How i rate this build:
Affordability, 5/5 - With the benches we can make a good dagger for about 4 chaos!
Damage wise 5/5 - The Amount of damage shines over nearly every build.
Survivability wise 3/5 - Without Bino's kitchen knife.
Survivability wise 4.5/5 - With Bino's kitchen knife.

Videos at the bottom

Statistics Dps/Def
1.2 Rampage - Stats - Not added yet / check 1.1 for that

1.1 Ambush - Stats

Superbudget Alterations dagger

THE dagger, crafted with 10 Alterations with a dagger from the vendor!

Spoiler

simulated pcoc on flicker

Bino stats will be added soon, dont got one atm. Its around 50% off what Loath bane has.

LoathBane

Loath bane - Reave

Loath bane - Reave + Flask

like someone cares

Flicker with pcoc in the 6l

Defense

Lightning coil + Acrobatics + Block - abyssus

1.2 Rampage Gear

The Weapon:
Find the highest PDPS base dagger for your lvl LINK and craft it with the %physical damage recipe. After that augment it, regal it and if local crit chance is missing craft that on it with the bench!
Best base item:
IF reave main attack: Ambusher - Lets us skip the Faster Attacks gem due to its high base A/S.
IF flicker main attack: Imperial Skean or Slaughter Knife ( Demon dagger is also fine but that A/S ew... - there is a difference between flicker dagger and dying of turtle syndrome)

Shield:
High EV+ Life + Res Rare item or buy the unique item Thousand Teeth Temu - if u can handle the missing resisstance.

Helmet:
Abyssus is by far the best! When u buy it get a CWDT + Enduring cry + IC setup tho ;-).

Gloves:
Maligaros virtuosity or Shadows and Dust for a smaller budget/Rampage league.
Atziri's Acuitys if you got dem moneyZ

Belt:
Until you find a Rustic sash with STR+Life the unique item Meginord's Girdle does just fine.

Boots:
EV or AR/EV base Rare Item with Life + Ressists - Str if its AR/EV.

Amulet:
Amulet with Crit Multi, flat phy, life and ressist (crit chance if you are fancy).
Priority: Crit Multi>Flat Phy damage> Accuracy >>>>> crit chance.

Rings:
Flat phy damage + Accuracy + Life + Ressist.
We dont need Lifeleech on a ring anymore due to the passive tree changes.

Chest / Body Armour:
Defense: Lightning Coil - Superb chest if you can handle the res!
Offense: Daresso's Defiance - Onslaught AKA RAMPAAAAAGEEE
Utility: Carcass Jack - If you play with reave as main attack the aoe is somewhat nice.

1.1 Ambush endgame Build + Gear overview

Build+Gear
Gear i used while lvling around 80-90 and for my first atziri kills, I achieved about 5,3k life with this which is RLY safe when mapping together with ~5k life regen from bino. Some important notes about this: The Lightning coil i added very very late when i had so much dmg reflect became a problem when oneshotting enemies, ive added the coil to counter this effect and it worked greatly - but by far not nessacary until then i had a 6l ar/es ilvl 60 chest i crafted out of a white (ES because i used Eldritch battery to have a bigger manapool AKA more manaleech per sec).

The Gear
Spoiler

PS: in the gloves were flicker-multi-melee-critdmg

The Links
Flicker main Attack

Flicker - Multistrike - Mele physical damage - Melee splash - inc crit dmg - Power charge on crit.

Reave - Multistrike - Melee physical - Inc crit damage.

Reduced mana - Hatred - Herald of Fire - 3rd Aura Depending on Passive tree - A purity/Grave or Herald of Ice

Reave main Attack

Reave - Mutlistrike - Melee physical damage - Concentrated effect - inc crit damage- power charge on crit/faster attacks.

Flicker - Melee Splash - Multistrike - Power charge on crit.

Reduced mana - Hatred - Herald of Fire - 3rd Aura Depending on Passive tree - A purity/Grave or Herald of Ice

1.2 Rampage - Passives

Passives I am using atm, not optimized yet (Swap Acrobatics and Ondars for IR depending on what you like more )
Passives
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_sbPmgSaV7UHLvWHipn9VS7VI8-oqC3BSidNw1V3yDkjjhBGWNj3AnJAbBx6dquywpzT2_HBWlS5irGyMjAtHBpoT8NW5fNh229RJUbk-VvWsZttuLOGX0H3jjoq0xcLsBbXUIzBx3ahLeDpCjb9RRzB8fyvWiudUJP3_3t74pHjB1Y19I_ZNkqOKTGAEsZVm7g7vetN-fXX-ugBeGY7tgwguVvr8xWegh3ZKfd0NW6_glZ-CVugs6RUgIuJH4tCBpDljQw==

1.1 Ambush - Passives

The Passives i used when i had manaproblems in maps when flickering or using Reave with inc aoe
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYA_5MeGjBUmVcoKrVIsbNte-1BVUumf4w2JpWH22HiFr_ndPPq3vZwUsBR6NZw1eOEIuqbJs3qDkhjQ52Wo4oyAQW1EZanNJ2qK28F-bIZtMXUI52jVupwu3_GYqwYvRXwz3qX0N2o_KsFfen-2ROio8HFJ6nWnbJE51Q6WFb1xqK5fC9vD8SIQlptJP3VAAR-uT4wcTt8kBskPExghxnbbkt4uMpwVqdcGtsEsX3jOkKaE0lR7g6VZtvUI_ZW-u_w_MVaSGegtxeHdjiWSn0c3JMn3FcelKw_

The Dps with the linked gear was around 140k reave alone and ~250k when running with a windripper person in maps (hi tom).

With some lucky drops from atziri and thanks to flubby i achieved getting atziri acuity gloves which tbh... are kinda pointless when going for that bino build except for the manaleech ^^" rly not must have. If anyone wants to run CYCLONE he can do it when having the gloves (Spoiler: cyclone is terrible to play with compared to reave/flicker)
Spoiler

The Passives with the gloves/no mana problems
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYA_5MeGjBUmVcoKrVIsbNte-1BVUumf4w2JpWH22HiFr_ndPPq3vZwUsBR6NZw1eOEIuqbJs3qDkhjQ52Wo4oyAQW1EZanNJ2qK28F-bIZtMXUI52jVupwu3_GYqwYvRXwz3qX0N2o_KsFfen-2ROio8HFJ6l-WdadskTnVDpYVvXGorl8L28PxIhCWm2sZiT91QAEfrk-MHE7fJAbJDzYdkxghxnbbkt4uMpwVqdcLOEa2wSxfeM6QpoTSVGOiu4OlWbb1CP2Vvrv8PzFWkhnoLcXh3Y4lkp9

And just today i achieved getting LOATH BANE * Hype * which doubles ur dps (brings it form 180k selfbuffed to 350-500k) but needs some changes in the build which i didnt do yet ( might just make a new char ).
Spoiler

Q&A

Q: How's mapping? "YO"
A: For mapping in the end i just used flicker (did 100-200k dps in a 4l(not per hit obviously)) and reave for the bosses OR swapped conc effect with inc aoe for a reave that covers the whole screen.

Q: Why no iron reflexes?
A: I used it while lvling but when reaching 80+ i concider Acrobatics as being better (not much es anyways).

Q: Do i need coil?
A: A Tabula Rasa or any 6l will do, i wouldnt nessacarly buy a lightning coil again, a daresso would be cool for the free leech.

Q: Are you using Flicker or Reave as main skill.
A: I am using Flicker as main skill in Rampage to map faster.

Q: BLOOD RAGE BURRRRNNNNNSSS
A: Put it in your weapon, if u did so u can weapon swap by pressing X two times to deactivate it.

Q: WHY DO U HAVE SO FEW QUESTIONS?
A: I DONT EVEN KNOW

Videos:

Build VS. Dominus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iwqPqvaesk
Put cyclone in the 6l for reave, its quite hillarious on bosses because if it crits once all of the hits will crit. (Only use it for bosses when u want to have some lol's)

Fazit:
I played alot of builds and this far this is the one i enjoyed by far the most, its so satisfying to oneshot packs with flicker and kill bosses alone in a 6man party.

IGN: AbAbAbAbAbAbAbAb
Last edited by peyter on Aug 26, 2014, 7:36:34 PM
I think i'll try it out.
Sweet build. Currently lvl76 facerolling 68-72 maps with ~100k flicker and 35k Reave. on a 5l.

EDIT: Just bought a 6l. It was straight ev bc i just wanted to test it out so i only got GGGRRB. However, If I socket Reave-Conc Effect-Multi-Faster Att.- Melee phys dmg- and additional accuracy 20q. I took pcoc and put it on flicker strike. There, I generate power charges more quickly and do a lot more dmg with the additional accuracy 40% crit chance.

63k reave on 4 power 3 frenzy
Last edited by TomRaidcrash on Jul 13, 2014, 8:47:46 PM
Sorry had quite alot to do and didnt update it or reply to comments, will try to do that today or tomorrow (I'm super cereal).

Putting the Pcoc on the flicker is what i used to do too and still most of the time do depending on the situation.

Edit:
Added a video
Added stats
shuffeld some stuff, will do more tomorrow
Last edited by peyter on Jul 14, 2014, 11:08:23 PM
I don't understand how you have over 900% crit multiplier. My tree is the same as yours, aside from I have a Frenzy charge and you have more life/evasion. Plus I have more on my gears than you have on the gears you posted. My crit multiplier is 741%.
SynTrSr - Trickster Soulrend/Bane
It seems like u missed out on some detail like Abyssus, q inc crit damage or/and some nodes there and here. Most of the time I have pcoc in my flicker for i flicker most of the time and because of that I put my inc crit dmg in my reave, i would bet thats the main difference.

Edit: Updated the Guide to make the used links more obvious.
Last edited by peyter on Jul 20, 2014, 2:47:13 AM
Ok, you got over 900 with Increased Critical Damage. And your screenshots are with

Reave: Melee Physical Damage, Multistrike, Faster Attacks, Increased Critical Damage, Concentrated Effect.

Though, in your gears pictured, you have Power Charge On Critical instead of Increased Critical Damage.

Statistics DPS/Defense:
DPS with PCoC and Crit Damage

No charges

With charges

Defense

I could cap cold resist and work on more life, but I can do Atziri as is, so I'm not that worried about it.

My typical gears and links (124k dps):
Spoiler

And my Increased Critical Damage

Current Tree
Spoiler

Last edited by generaldave on Jul 20, 2014, 9:37:29 AM
hey dave,

Sorry for the missleading gear - i often swap the pcoc from flicker to reave depending on situation, but mostly its on flicker.

Your damage and gear looks good so far, the next lvls should add quite some deeps concidering passive nodes. The Q on inc crit also adds a HUGE chunk of damage. I also used mings heart for a while to counter blood rage a bit but figuered it drops the survivability by to much and rather went with flatphy/accuracy/life rings. Try to 4l the abyssus for a free endurance charge in cwdt :D. A little tip on the side if u manage to put ur blood rage in your weapon you can deactivate it with swapping weapon sets twice (X Button) which is rly handy for we dont got regen when there is no mob for a while! (Using a 3l in my dagger currently for that Blood rage - enhance - critical weakness)

To sum it up, your char looks rly solid but i would try to get a little bit more defense in their.
Yeah, there are a lot of things that I could "upgrade".

The belt could be of the physical damage kind with those stats.
The amulet is pretty much trash aside from the critical multiplier and chaos resist.
The resist ring could use more life and damage.
The Ming's Heart could be dropped for a ring like you said.
The shield could have much more evasion.
The boots could also have much more evasion.
The jewels should all have increased critical chance too.

As for Blood Rage, I wasn't aware you could remove its effect like that. I've tried taking the gem out of slot and Blood Rage kept going. I'll have to give this weapon swap idea a try.

That's not a bad idea on adding another Enduring Cry. I could potentially get longer Immortal Calls with it. Though, the trio in Apex is already a joke to me. Link to my last Apex run.

I don't really use Increased Critical Damage at all. It seems more convenient for me to leave Power Charge on Critical in the Reave setup. Like you said, you use Flicker mostly, so it makes more sense for you to have Increased Critical Damage on Reave.

I'm pretty much basing this character on its ability to clear Apex quickly and easily, which it can. It takes about 5 minutes if I skip the "trash" mobs.

Thanks for the tips. I'll test some of this stuff out.

~Dave

Edit: The biggest upgrade would be Loath Bane/Honour Etcher. That's what I'm trying to work towards. Stupidly expensive though.
Last edited by generaldave on Jul 20, 2014, 10:58:37 AM
Agree on most parts, keep in mind that str on a belt/boots gives quite alot of bonus dmg + life.
f.e. what i used before i stripped my character

Mind if i add your run to the videos? Ill run a comparison with my loath bane later when i find some time.

Best regards

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info