Announcing the One-Month Leagues (and Ambush/Invasion Challenge Winners)

BIGGEST LET DOWN EVER
Simple solution. I wish the rules was like this:

- Non-hardcore league.

- Prizes are rewarded for 0-death characters only, i.e you have to reach level xx without death, to be able to get in the draw. If after level xx you died, you still able to enter level xx draw, but after that it doesn't count anymore. There you go, whoever want HC league, now has the incentives to play it HC style, for a good reason.

- The single highest level character in this league on your account will be considered.

A few of my personal thoughts:

- Even though I'm mainly a HC player, I think events like this are fine: 1, it's a short even. 2, it combines bunch of difficult league mods, not really something you want to make it hardcore.

- I don't really understand the bunch of people that keep complaining about this:

Is it because you think if it's Hardcore instead, you will be able to grab the top 5 prizes easily? That's very naive thought, to think you can compete with full-time streamers or race groups that are very efficient at leveling.

Or is it because after the event ends, your stuffs won't transfer to Hardcore? Given the short length and the difficulty, you won't be able to acquire much wealth anyway. And if you actually got lucky with drops, you can always sell it in Standard later to convert them to Hardcore.

- I have to admit that non-HC league are much more lenient and generally more fun to play than hardcore. I agree with GGG's decision on this one.
IGN: _Gaia_

Where to download my hideout: https://poe.house/hideout/76oNuBpb

Where to trade currency between leagues: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2156864
Last edited by _Gaia_ on Jul 7, 2014, 4:53:57 AM
non HC? every newbie can take 90+ lvl with 100+ deaths for 1 month. Nice race!
Looking at how the significant pro-HC posts are similar (almost copy-paste) I get an impression that they might all come from... amount of real people lesser than the number of the accounts complaining. Not that I think bad of these folks, just making an observation.

"
AlterSin wrote:
non HC? every newbie can take 90+ lvl with 100+ deaths for 1 month. Nice race!

You get a wrong idea what "newbie" is. Most of them just make it to 60 and fail to progress further due to complexity and lack of the understanding of how the game works. Many give up to level above 80, a lot keeps starting differnet builds over and over because they usually dont have enough knowledge/patience/wealth to get most builds working to full potential.

It is perfectly normal that some people want to push the limit and play mods that make the game harder: hardcore - exiles - invasion bosses - etc. This passion for challenge is admirable (if not followed by elitism and hubris). And some said that returnin to SC is "hard" and "impossible". Well guys you said it yourself - now you have new goal to overcome! If it is hard and almost impossible - prove that you can do it! If it makes game harder - dont be a SC player - become a SC player!
Last edited by Lichalfred on Jul 7, 2014, 4:58:58 AM
Even as the PoE is marketed as "HC game" I'd say that the only reason for the 1 month league to be SC is that they want to keep most of the new players interested to keep playing.

We all HC players have to remember that the GGG is company that needs money to stay alive and we wouldnt be playing our fancy HC without the SC players (sad but true?)

As a long time HC player I might give a try for some stupid cast on death build or something, we'll see :)
Topkek
"
Kristalic wrote:
"
Michael_GGG wrote:
"
semblance wrote:

Hi Michael,

Are any of the devs currently tracking this issue? Or is this matter just "forum noise?"

I'm only asking for the sake of my soul, which is currently draining for my body. (I've posted two messages in favor of a HC version, with zero animosity towards any SC players.)

Thanks

It's currently after-hours here so it's more likely the developers will be reading the thread tomorrow.

"
ofallcreation wrote:

But any past hardcore race even softcore players had access to. Hardcore just rolls to softcore when they die, not the otherway around. This is why a softcore race by nature is unable to appeal to the entire player base, while a HC race can

"
bitV wrote:

I can appreciate that, but at the same time I think going full swing in the opposite direction just highlights the problem and doesn't really address it - A consistent pairing of event leagues both standard and hardcore would be the ultimate solution, I think most of the players would agree with that sentiment irrespective of their preferred league.

My speculation here is that it's partly due to the time required to design and balance two one-month leagues over just one (time that could be used for the actual new leagues in August) especially considering the care that's required to make something actually fun and worthy for hardcore, rather than just frustrating.

I'm sure that the hardcore players are fine with the currently set league; the fact that it's softcore is what bugs us.

All we're asking is for two of the same league; really.

So its about elitist behavior then. OK.

Get over it, its SC so SC players can have some fun and many noobz are SC players as well making the game more interesting to start a char in the 1 month leagues for noobz and old players a like. Fact is, the HC leagues are never as full as the SC leagues so its fair to make it SC i think as many other 1 month leagues before have been HC.

Its a 1 month league for fun, not for playing how you usually play. I have been playing lots of HC lately and im glad this is SC because it lets me play differently.

You people need to get that SC being bland compared to HC out of your heads plain and simple, its a fine league with fun properties. I will enjoy it.
Gonna be some boring twitch streams ahead.
"
Prizes are rewarded for 0-death characters only, i.e you have to reach level xx without death, to be able to get in the draw. If after level xx you died, you still able to enter level xx draw, but after that it doesn't count anymore. There you go, whoever want HC league, can try to play it HC style, for a good reason.

I don't think that's a valid solution at all. The prizes are cool, but I want a HC league for the enjoyment I get out of playing a hardcore league, complete with economy and rules binding everyone. If there were a hardcore league that bad equivalent ruleset but no prizes, I would definitely be happy. Some people would complain about unfairness, but all I want is to enjoy the game and HC is what I enjoy the most.

"
Is it because you think if it's Hardcore instead, you will be able to grab the top 5 prizes easily? That's very naive thought, to think you can compete with full-time streamers or race groups that are very efficient at leveling.

So obsessed with prizes, yeesh. I'm upset because I want to play a fun new hardcore league and now I have to wait over a month whereas several hours ago I assumed I'd be playing in less than a week. I don't personally care about the prizes.

"
Or is it because after the event ends, your stuffs won't transfer to Hardcore? Given the short length and the difficulty, you won't be able to acquire much wealth anyway. And if you actually got lucky with drops, you can always sell it in Standard later to convert them to Hardcore.

People. Want. To. Play. A. Fun. New. Hardcore. League.
"
SampleOfDeath wrote:
Realy????

Wtf, why just sc... Realy sad!!!

Im out... I wait so Long for a New Hardcore League and then this...

Im crying

+1 i cry every time

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info