Announcing the One-Month Leagues (and Ambush/Invasion Challenge Winners)

Thanks GGG. Thanks for all your work!

I was looking forward to the next 4 month Leauge.
I can see this 1 month Leauge being a succes, with the activity from both hardcore and soft-core players in 1 Leauge.

Im a bid sad that the Leauge is softcore.. Might take the buzz of me. Goin Zombimode in 1 month?
Think I will RIP allot when the 4 month invasion starts again, with the new set of "softcore skills" I will have :)

But thanks for your work! Still looking forward to a integrated trading system and more PVP,
"
"
Kristalic wrote:
It doesn't make sense to have a softcore race. either.

Sure it does. Hardcore is heavy on the minmaxing, which is fine, of course, but also means that there's less build diversity because everyone is perforce so risk-averse.

A softcore race allows/encourages a competition with greater build diversity.

I'm a softcore player and I disagree.

The leagues certainly make different TYPES of builds viable, but in both leagues only the strongest builds survive and thrive.

Just because softcore leagues allow Cast on Death builds doesn't mean it has more build diversity.
At the end of this 1 month event what will happen to my character? It will go to Standard or will be deleted? And what about my stash? Thank you.
Hey guys new to Path of Exile (I'm still using the free version) is it worth it to buy the game now or should I wait because it seems like a lot of people who bought the game are upset that there isn't a hardcore league in this 1 month event. Seems strange to me that they would risk upsetting so many monthly subscribers to their game so I was just wondering If I should hold off on purchasing it. Thanks.
"
bitV wrote:

Can you please at least explain GGG's decision? I keep hearing repeated that standard and hardcore appeal to different players, often by you guys at GGG, which is totally true, but in that regard it also makes no sense that you would give a large portion of your player base, to whom that motivation to survive fuels their enjoyment of the game, nothing to do during the break.

I can't speak for the design team, but it's perhaps worth thinking of the one-month league as more of a complimentary entree leading up to the new Hardcore and Standard leagues in August, please don't mistake it for the main meal. Additionally, as others have pointed out prior special events have been done for Hardcore in the past.
"
Michael_GGG wrote:

I can't speak for the design team, but it's perhaps worth thinking of the one-month league as more of a complimentary entree leading up to the new Hardcore and Standard leagues in August, please don't mistake it for the main meal. Additionally, as others have pointed out prior special events have been done for Hardcore in the past.

But any past hardcore race even softcore players had access to. Hardcore just rolls to softcore when they die, not the otherway around. This is why a softcore race by nature is unable to appeal to the entire player base, while a HC race can
"
RhoxPOE wrote:
"
"
Kristalic wrote:

Sure it does. Hardcore is heavy on the minmaxing, which is fine, of course, but also means that there's less build diversity because everyone is perforce so risk-averse.

no it doesnt
Compelling.

"
"
"
Kristalic wrote:

I'm a softcore player and I disagree.

The leagues certainly make different TYPES of builds viable, but in both leagues only the strongest builds survive and thrive.

Just because softcore leagues allow Cast on Death builds doesn't mean it has more build diversity.
Because death isn't permanent, softcore leagues allow players to do weirder, riskier things. That most people stick to cookie-cutter builds speaks more to psychology than to game design. I'm not saying that softcore leagues intrinsically have more build diversity -- I'm saying that they allow more build diversity, because putting survivability at less of a premium changes the optimization problem the players are trying to solve.
------
"And 'Do what thou willst' shall be the whole of the law." -- Aleister Crowley
"First, love; then, do what thou willst." -- St. Augustine
"Whatever is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
"
HirostarFTW wrote:
Thanks GGG. Thanks for all your work!

I was looking forward to the next 4 month Leauge.
I can see this 1 month Leauge being a succes, with the activity from both hardcore and soft-core players in 1 Leauge.

Im a bid sad that the Leauge is softcore.. Might take the buzz of me. Goin Zombimode in 1 month?
Think I will RIP allot when the 4 month invasion starts again, with the new set of "softcore skills" I will have :)

But thanks for your work! Still looking forward to a integrated trading system and more PVP,

there is not even one reason to play that league for a hc player

what do i earn after the league ?
i get a standard char
wtf do i want with a standard char ?....delete it like all those others
will i ever play that char after the league ?.... uhm no
will ppl watch twich streams with sc race ? .....why its boring thats why sc player have the least viewercount

this is a big marketing fail and will hurt their company income hard they can only hope that those hc guys who will go on a break will come back

terrible decision making
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Jul 7, 2014, 4:30:56 AM
"
Michael_GGG wrote:
The antagonizing 'Standard versus Hardcore' posts need to stop. Accounts may be probated if they continue with comments of this nature.

Edit: Users are free to say what they like or don't like about the league if they wish; but saying one group of players is better or worse than others is not okay.

Aren't you thankful with Kripp's player base?
"
ofallcreation wrote:
"
Michael_GGG wrote:

But any past hardcore race even softcore players had access to. Hardcore just rolls to softcore when they die, not the otherway around. This is why a softcore race by nature is unable to appeal to the entire player base, while a HC race can

flawless logic, i see no reason to not make a hardcore 1 month of this, or just have 1 league with it being hardcore
http://www.twitch.tv/rhoxxx

follow the stream :)
Last edited by RhoxPOE on Jul 7, 2014, 4:27:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info