Should they increase the drop rate of orbs? And if so, how much?

Title says it all.

Discuss.
I was going to say no, but I've been playing since open beta and I haven't found a single eternal orb.
I know it's supposed to be rare, but 1,5 years of playing should have rewarded me with at least one I think. (found like 20 exalts and 10 divines so far)
10000%. I gives no fucks about "the economy." I just wanna spam orbs on things and see what comes up.

Given that will never happen, 30% or so sounds reasonable in the context of a trading-based economy simulator in which you can kill things to take a break from the marketplace.
"
Taszilo wrote:
I was going to say no, but I've been playing since open beta and I haven't found a single eternal orb.
I know it's supposed to be rare, but 1,5 years of playing should have rewarded me with at least one I think. (found like 20 exalts and 10 divines so far)

This is exactly the way I feel. I understand that they wish for drops to be uncommon, But i've also played since open beta. I've only found 2 exalts to my name. No eternals. I don't mind the no mirror drop because that's just a fantasy, but I believe that I should be able to find enough orbs to actually try and craft something. Any eternals that I used on items, or even exalts, I've had to buy myself. I love the way the crafting works, it's just near impossible to actually do it.
"
Taszilo wrote:

Two years, 1 eternal, 2 exalts, 1 devine.

It's sad.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
I understand that there are people who play this game over 8 hours a day on average and that they have low drop rates on orbs because of those people but seriously... if u can play the game since closed beta and never get a mirror drop, eternal, 1 divine drop, 4 exalted drops...
All that time...
IGN: timtwins, timtwinz
Been playing since Jan 2013

Never found a mirror. Found 1 eternal, a dozen exalts, 3 divines.

I think the drop rate for eternals and exalts should be buffed a little. I don't mind having never found a mirror, though.
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

How did you guys find so many exalted? I played since open beta and only get about 4-5 exalted. I earned my equipments through trading (1 chaos unique mainly) in the game.
Yes. Fuck the economy, it will auto-adjust to whatever prices work with a given drop rate.

Seriously, if this next expansion doesn't address crafting, the game has no future. People are bored to death, have left in droves, and there's only so many times you can farm maps, Dominus, or Atziri (provided you have one of the few builds that can do her) day after day before you're sick to death of it. We need something new to do and strive for in this game.

Also, as a Standard player, due to the limited populace, it's sometimes next to impossible to find something that you need. What's going to happen to this game three years down the line where you can't even max your resists because nothing is published in xyz? There needs to be a way to make basic things viable if you're playing by yourself.
Last edited by Lord_Kamster on Jul 6, 2014, 5:28:17 PM
I play without trading but I think drop rates are fine once they put the strong boxes in. I found almost as much currency in the charity race as I did the first half of invasion league.
When I kill a man he stays dead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info