Wander problems

"
jmyers wrote:
you picked a scion to make a wander enough said

And you picked ranger for your lowlife wander.

That being said, the mana nodes are essential to wanders where having max mana can become more important than mana regen.
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
It's basically Aura changes + CoE.

In beta, an ele wander would only take fusillade ring as all other wand nodes are physical.
In beta, a phys wander would fill their boots with all the wand nodes as they were good.

We saw the (fucking stupid) aura rework.
We got CoE.

These two things happened which made every single wand node completely obsolete, for ele, for phys, for hybrid, for all wanders.

I run a hybrid LL wander based on Skyforth's build. Being self found I struggle to synergise and optimise to the degree he does (by far). I struggle at times with leech, I really, REALLY want to dump points in Elder Power which would solve my leech issue.

However, it is telling the state of wand nodes when I can take out WED gem (which gives massive dps) and slip in life leech, and have far better dps still and far better leech, than the Elder Power ring would give (considering the points I'd need to respec out of).

Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Jul 6, 2014, 3:59:17 PM
"
qquno wrote:
Wish GGG had such meticulous person like you on their balancing team.

I'm not so sure. Skyforth complains about no crit chance, but he does have capped crit, free power charges with PS and one shots the entire game without a single wand node. It's REALLY hard to reach a conclusion that a buff is needed here.
"
toyotatundra wrote:
"
qquno wrote:
Wish GGG had such meticulous person like you on their balancing team.

I'm not so sure. Skyforth complains about no crit chance, but he does have capped crit, free power charges with PS and one shots the entire game without a single wand node. It's REALLY hard to reach a conclusion that a buff is needed here.

Take from this what you will, I only got that crit chance by ignoring wand nodes.
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
"
Skyforth wrote:
Take from this what you will, I only got that crit chance by ignoring wand nodes.

That dps, crit chance and crit multi.

It's funny how people are not seeing the wood for the trees, here.
Casually casual.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
It's basically Aura changes + CoE.

In beta, an ele wander would only take fusillade ring as all other wand nodes are physical.
In beta, a phys wander would fill their boots with all the wand nodes as they were good.

We saw the (fucking stupid) aura rework.
We got CoE.

These two things happened which made every single wand node completely obsolete, for ele, for phys, for hybrid, for all wanders.

this.
if the auras will get nerfed, those will return to rule
my builds:
- COLB (Cast On Last Breath) first ever build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1632595
- the Flash: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1367774
- the oro's bridle build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1409823
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Skyforth wrote:

That dps, crit chance and crit multi.

It's funny how people are not seeing the wood for the trees, here.

The forest being that crit has totally eclipsed non-crit at super high gear levels? I would tend to agree if that's what you're getting at.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
The forest being that crit has totally eclipsed non-crit at super high gear levels? I would tend to agree if that's what you're getting at.

No, it isn't even at super high gear levels.

Wand attack builds have pretty much always been crit builds. Wand nodes WERE good, once.

The wood, being that wand nodes are now sub-par, due to aura changes and CoE. Aura changes alone, actually, CoE just amplifies it.

The trees, being that people think the point being made is wanders need a buff. It isn't, it's that their power comes from where it shouldn't, and where it should.. sux.

Read my post further up.

I'm using a wand WITHOUT crit, my accessory items suck, I'm under 60 crit with 7 charges.

WAND NODES SUCK FOR ME, TOO.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Jul 6, 2014, 5:38:22 PM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:

No, it isn't even at super high gear levels.

Wand attack builds have pretty much always been crit builds. Wand nodes WERE good, once.

The wood, being that wand nodes are now sub-par, due to aura changes and CoE. Aura changes alone, actually, CoE just amplifies it.

The trees, being that people think the point being made is wanders need a buff. It isn't, it's that their power comes from where it shouldn't, and where it should.. sux.

Also agree. And I would attribute that more to GGG not having the balls to nerf auras outright at release instead of just making them better but more expensive.

CoE is just pure bullshit, and always has been. I hate that item with a passion.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
On this way i only can say: play something else bro, sorry. GGG seems to be happy with they fanboys which are never going to say something against or make suggestions and the other shit with podcast... its just going to be ridiculous
Check our recruitment thread if curious

Twitch: PoE_Vincam

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info