[1.3] The Overloaded: LVL 100 CI 130k AoE DPS Reave 14k ES (Uber video inside)

Table of Contents

1. Overview
2. Credits
3. Passive Skill Tree
4. Bandits Quest
5. Gear
6. Gems
7. Stats
8. Playstyle
9. Farming
10. Videos

NOTES ABOUT PATCH 1.3

The skill tree planning will be almost the same, but we'll lose a bit of almost any stats. These are the results for the the 1.2 to 1.3 transition:

% Inc. Max. Energy Shield: -6% (224% -> 218%)
% Inc. Critical Strike Chance: -130% (680% -> 550%)
% Inc. Critical Strike Multiplier: -38% (161% -> 123%)
% Inc. Physical/Melee Damage: -22% (271% -> 249%)
% Inc. Attack Speed: -6% (55% -> 49%)

This means we'll lose a neat 25% attack power
(including the -12% final crit. chance).

Of course still playable and still the best melee character (at least until we see the new 1.3 gems and final trees) but not as OP as before.

If you wanna check the new skill tree preview, just copy this URL into poebuilder or the skill tree planner:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_sbPtQaZ_tUjz6pmaKgvrY3BSES-J03DVXfIOSBGW44R_xpAbNj0c3MHFcFbssJMnDY3sGCy_mhOMC7QM74hsC4_6hq7b1Ll8RnHquvk3IvTw1dDQFdeDCQ18189tGUlRRwZWY2-eV8lJsRFQ2VvYdtvnnKQo-jW5GyW5Plb1X2qHE-vupytLrqxm2253B7iT6QIs4ZfQpwh9446Kj0YdFJuh-tL312aeFy-ESMAaZOdca-L3WfNV1sNtAW-sqoCkcqn3MuoYkn346z0-3CMUceXPmG8OPDpShmA26AHnpzCfyw==

We can also use Kaom's Roots (many thanks to Holy for the tip) and build a different tree:

% Inc. Max. Energy Shield: +5% (224% -> 229% but with no ES boots)
% Inc. Critical Strike Chance: -175% (680% -> 505%)
% Inc. Critical Strike Multiplier: -38% (161% -> 123%)
% Inc. Physical/Melee Damage: +71% (271% -> 342%)
% Inc. Attack Speed: +6% (55% -> 61%)

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_sbPtQaZ_tUjz6pmaKgvrY3BSES-J03DVXfIOSBGW44R_xpAbNj0c3MHFcFbssJMnDY3sGCy_mhOMC7QM74hsC4_6hq7b1Ll8RnHquvk3IvTw1dDQFdeDCQ18189tGUlRRwZWY2-eV8lJsRFQ2VvYdtvnykqcpDW5GyW5Plb1X2rDOocTpysdT0uurGbbbksKm7V3By0f6QIs4ZfQqTQi6hmKTLN9446KYQYhA-jW-wkEB7fZu3wFtfbaHwJl8Y2_Go82xdAJUUeLei1V51QBb-n-JP3i9wV9_96ESFxrw20=

After thousands of hours played and hundreds of regrets spent, I found my char. The perfect char for me, for my playstyle. I don't consider myself a very skilled player, so I needed a pure tank char, funny to play but away from the classic Aegis Cyclone Blocker or similar.

Then The Overloaded came to me, he's giving me a lot of fun... and now he's level 100!

Many thanks to Atlas305 for the Slashzilla Soul Reaver Shadow. It's the main core of my build.

I decided to open my own thread because now both builds are different enough, I want to explain it with my own words and I want also to include some extra explanations as the farming related and some other stuff.

Thanks too to all the poesp.com spanish community for the continuous support and all the poesp twitch followers.

In this final version I take the ES nodes from Melding and the crit nodes from True Strike. If you wanna include Herald of Ash, take instead the way to Trickery and Foresight, so you can balance DPS, ES and mana, sustaining Hatred, Discipline and Herald of Ash.

I made a lot of calculations with the DPS attack calculator tool and also confirmed some more with a good amount of regrets. With that you'll sacrifice DPS and you'll gain more, crit chance and Energy Shield. If you want to make an even more defensive setup, remove ES nodes to go to From the Shadows, or just check the Atlas build linked above in Credits.

If you don't have the Atziri's Acuity gloves, the tree must be done in another way to get the Vaal Pact node. Just sacrifice some ES nodes to get it.

Normal: Kill'em all
Cruel: Help Oak
Merciless: If your critical strike chance is low, Help Alira to get the extra Power Charge. If not, Help Kraityn to get the extra Frenzy Charge.

Spoiler

Of course, we cannot reach such DPS and Energy Shield with a cheap gear. This build is very gear dependent, but the final result will be a very well DPS/ES balanced char. Fast, strong, tough, almost impossible to be slain.

You can be even more tanky with a Shavronne Revelation ring. More INT is more ES and you'll get around 700 ES regen per second. But beware of mana!

Main attack, 6L: Reave + Melee Damage on Full Life + Melee Physical Damage + Multistrike + Increased Critical Damage + Increased Area of Effect

If your critical strike chance is under around 70%, change IAoE to Power Charge on Critical.
For bosses, change IAoE to Concentrated Effect.

4L: Reduced Mana + Hatred + Discipline + (Herald of Ash)
4L: Blood Rage + Enhance + Increased Duration + (Assassin's Mark or Poacher's Mark)
4L: Cast when Damage Taken + Enduring Cry + Immortal Call + Increased Duration

3L: Whirling Blades + Faster Attacks + Power Charge on Critical
3L: Vaal Discipline + Vaal Haste + Increased Duration

"Should I use Herald of Ash?": Indeed we can get more damage and more free mana removing the way to Trickery and taking Critical Multiplier nodes. But this way we compensate the huge amount of physical damage with an extra damage source, so we can handle with reflect and gaining a bit more area. And why don't say it: I really love the way Herald of Ash looks. But now I don't use it just for defensive purposes.

14120 Energy Shield
6% Estimated Physical Damage Reduction
21% Life Leech from Physical Attacks

85% critical strike chance (with no charges)

DPS (with no charges)

165k DPS Reave + IAoE
281k DPS Reave + Concentrated Effect

Imagine your DPS charged, with Abyssus, Atziri's Promise...

Pics

No Evasion and almost no Physical Damage Reduction. You will survive thanks to your huge ES and your life leech. The only way to destroy you will be a megadesync in a shrine full of extra phys damage mobs while you're writing on your mobile phone. Or the Uber Atziri XD.

Versus reflect enemies, just use a Granite flask or any other flask with +% armour. Just in case. But with your stats, a little reflect group is not a problem.

For reflect mod maps, just swap Reave to Molten Strike, and Melee Physical Damage to Faster Attacks.

And for bosses, as said, link your Concentrated Effect to Reave, turn on both Vaal Haste and Discipline (you'll get around 19k ES) and smash'em!

After patch 1.2, the mana is no longer an issue. Even with Herald of Ash we still have a mana pool of 160. Enough.

If you managed to get the full DPS/ES gear, the farming gear will be quite easy.

Spoiler

Remove Melee Physical Damage and Increased Area of Effect, and put both Item Quantity and Rarity gems.

Your DPS will drop around a 45% and your ES around a 25%. But with those stats your shadow is still a missile... with 90/290 MF. Just 3-4 seconds to kill each Dominus shape and a quite well survability for almost all maps.

Quick Shrine double Piety kill video.

Uber Atziri video.
This last video has been edited, with the clips identifying items removed. Also removed the two deaths (sad but true) when fighting the 3rd and 4th staged of Atziri.

And well... that's all. Please feel free to improve that build with your comments and your ideas. Thanks all, mates!
- Attack and Spell DPS Calculator (view-thread/977942)
- IIQ/IIR balance guide (view-thread/725812)
Last edited by Chuca79 on Dec 6, 2014, 9:50:38 AM
bump for my buddy.
nice setup and thanks for the credit. I should have you clean up my thread I was never one to make a guide. :)
ign slashzilla
"Buy when there is blood on the streets, even if the blood is your own."
Slashzilla Reave Guide- http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/514128
SALES THREAD-http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/524661
http://gyazo.com/da6159e17a1ec3710b9cb8601a145a9a
Updated with new skill tree and stats.
Is it possible to know your dps with a... Bino's kitchen dagger ? Since it's the best dagger cost/effectiveness and not everyone can get a mirored one ?

Also with removing acuity and using something more affordable like... maligaro's even legacy ones. Because 1% of the people can afford this. (i could even say same for chest/head/etc... but w/e)
Last edited by ZePample on Jul 12, 2014, 1:29:50 AM
"
Is it possible to know your dps with a... Bino's kitchen dagger ? Since it's the best dagger cost/effectiveness and not everyone can get a mirored one ?

Also with removing acuity and using something more affordable like... maligaro's even legacy ones. Because 1% of the people can afford this. (i could even say same for chest/head/etc... but w/e)

DPS with a Bino's is around a half. With Maligaro's, the DPS is almost the same because you'll get more crit chance, attack speed and crit multiplier, but you'll need to modify the tree to go to Vaal Pact.
yeah that's what i meant. What would be the dps if you change the tree.
"
yeah that's what i meant. What would be the dps if you change the tree.

As told you, the DPS you'll gain with Maligaro's is almost the same you'll lose with the tree modification.
While I enjoyed your guide your title is a tad bit misleading for newer players, your base ES is roughly 2675 while a normal (not double mirrored gear with 1000 ES CHEST!)is roughly 1600-1900

using poebuilder to create average gear (750-800es chest, 450ES Shield, 300 ES Helm, Binos, similar rings and amulet with lower %'s, 200ES Boots and auxium.

With Hatred+Discipline I was getting:
DPS: 29K DPS (with frenzy charges)
ES: 11K ES
86% Crit Chance
560 Multi
75/75/75 Resistances
Using ConC I managed to get around 51-52K DPS

For Fun I played around with PCoC and power charges, loosing around 1.5k ES and two accuracy nodes I managed to pick up 6 max Power Charges, using budget gear+PCoC instead of AoE I managed to pick up nearly 40k dps (around 11k dps increase) 10k ES. Keep in mind Power charges+auxium means you get 6% Mana Leech aswell.

I was getting a bit over a 4th of your dps with Binos and the 99%'s gear Which is pretty understandable since you took all your dps averages with a loath bane (a bit silly)

the es is still quite exceptional and very nice

perhaps you could include a budget section in your build

Last edited by destrega85 on Jul 13, 2014, 5:29:35 AM
Thanks for your comment, destrega.

But "bit misleading"? Why? I consider "bit misleading" titles with DPS or any stat not self buffed. Even the DPS on my title is with Increased Area of Effect, not with Concentrated.

With just a quick look any user can see this is not a build for beginners. Going a bit far, almost no ES builds are for beginners.

A budget section? Yes, will be nice but this char was refunded at level 89-90 to use the full gear hardly purchased. I can remember there are comments from other users at the Slashzilla build I credit, showing a budget around 30ex worth on last pages.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info