State of Exile Episode 10: The Second Coming (Chris Wilson)

"
Xanin wrote:
question for Chris :

any chance we can get arctic armour to stay on like aura instead of having to recast all the time ?

any chance of getting the strongbox before the end of august and the patch 1.2?

These have been answered, it's no to both.

Cool to see Chris on here again.
Oops, my Firefox browser gives me a "Disallowed key characters in global data." error trying to use the Time Zone Calculator link.

I went here: World Time Buddy to get the correct time.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Jul 10, 2014, 8:19:01 PM
Great. Some one had better explain to him that the recent change to how stash tabs are activated (converted instead of added) is 100% crap and ask him to tell us how we can keep our remove-only tabs as long-term storage and add additional storage space at the same time. Since we currently can't do both the obvious real question to ask Chris then is "When do you estimate that GGG have a stash tab fix for the race related problems and allow the purchase of stash tabs to go back to being added tabs as it always has been instead of converted read-only tabs as it is today?"
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

Last edited by Arrowneous on Jul 10, 2014, 8:20:35 PM
"
Bunnu wrote:
"
Xanin wrote:
question for Chris :

any chance we can get arctic armour to stay on like aura instead of having to recast all the time ?

any chance of getting the strongbox before the end of august and the patch 1.2?

These have been answered, it's no to both.

Cool to see Chris on here again.

Yes, it is always good to get Chris to do an interview. Even if he won't/can't divulge any info on the August mini-expansion or next 4 month leagues he is always a good listen. The more GGG stays in the public view the more publicity GGG can generate and hopefully more will learn of PoE and give it a try.

"
Arrowneous wrote:
Oops, my Firefox browser gives me a "Disallowed key characters in global data." error trying to use the Time Zone Calculator link.

I went here: World Time Buddy to get the correct time.

Your firefox browser is converting the link & to & because it thinks it's an ampersand rather than a programming 'and' operator - mine only does this if I right click the link and open it in a new tab - if you copy/paste the link manually it does not do this.

Pretty absurd behaviour to be honest, given the use of & operators in URLs is orders of magnitude more common than having ampersands in url's.
Let me see...

-When can we expect translations to the game? Next year? I'm from Argentina, I can read and write in english enough to survive, but I want to share the game with my friends.

-Why did you make lvl78 maps so hard to sustain? It seems more like a wealth check than a skill check.

-Are you planning some out of the box changes to the game soon? I say, like in Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls, where the Adventure mode replaces replaying the game three times before getting to the end game.

-In the forums I can see two kind of players mostly: Spikes (play to become one of the best in the ladders, get wealth, do the challenges, they search a challenging game) and Johnies (play to make a cool build as viable as possible, try to search new combos, they search a game that encourages rerolling and creativity). How do you balance to satisfy both? The game seems more satisfying to spikes than johnies actually, you can get reaaaally punished or feel behind trying to make something different.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
@Chris:

1. Can you give us any information about Act 4? Something about the general atmosphere/climate of the areas? What other changes or mechanics will or can Act 4 introduce to PoE? Will you remove a difficulty with the addition of it? (If yes, which one?)

2. What did you guys at GGG learn from Invasion? Other than providing a metric ton of extra unique bosses to the already nice pool, their costumizaton (or uniqueness, shall I say) was impressive, imo. I personally think they were more interesting than the already existing bossess/unique monsters (apart from the Rogue Exiles). Any plans on redesigning some act bosses or other unique monsters?

3. Can you share more information about the upcoming website-client trading stuff? How exactly will it work? What state is it in at the moment?

4. Any plans for a unique Rustic Sash?

5. When will we have seperate tabs for trades and legit parties on the noticeboards/social panel?

6. Will we have more ultimate bosses like Atziri? Will we have more über bosses? Do you think it was a good idea to have Über Atziri gated behind multiple layers of RNG?

7. Will the website recieve any updates soon? The Game-World areas/Leagues pages could use some of that. (For example the Act 3 map is outdated on the World areas page, and the currently used race mods and 4-month leagues could be explained on the Leagues page. But I have to say the Overwiev page still looks really cool! :) I know it's not really the primary thing to do know, just saying. )

8. Will you guys consider removing or at least making the stash-all-expensive-uniques challenge a bit easier? (Many players were turned down after seeing specific items on the list.) Would you consider having unique microtransactions as rewards instead of T-shirts, like the ones for the first 50 Atziri kills? Also, any rewards for completing achievements? That'd be the goal of it, bragging about your shiny whatever for completing all (or specific) achievements. Can titles be a thing?

9. Are you happy about the amount of video/graphics options? Will we see more in the future? (Like particle density or something, which could be lowered during party play.)

10. Now that we have Multistrike and Spell Echo, will we have a multi-attack support gem for ranged attacks? (But I guess no since we have Barrage.)

Well there you go, if anything more comes to my mind I'll edit this post. If any of these were answered before, or if I made grammar mistakes, I'm sorry. :)

Thanks for the podcast guys, we really appreciate it. I'll make sure to tune in!
"just for try, for see and for know"
Last edited by komlosi on Jul 10, 2014, 10:53:02 PM
Was he involved much in the comic book stuff? How did they choose a vendor/partner for it? What are their expectations for it in terms of sales? Does anyone at GGG have related publishing experience?

Would they ever consider letting the players turn off the ui and control the camera so we could make sweet videos?

What was the reasoning behind only announcing a softcore 1 month? What did they think if the shitstorm that followed?

They missed their 4 month target for the expansion/temp league cycle, do they for see this as a one time thing or is 5+ months more realistic given their plans/ambitions for future content?

Will there be another media tour and chance for meetups for the new expansion?

Is he sticking with the shaved head or is he letting it grow back?
When I kill a man he stays dead.
Last edited by mucker on Jul 10, 2014, 11:42:53 PM
Q) With the constant additions of new uniques and skills, is there ever going to be a point where content will have to grow "upwards"? I realize the desire to not invalidate old gear and content, but do you think GGG may eventually have to bring in a new tier of base items to support POE's growth?
"
themozzer wrote:
Wilsonu HYPUUU!

I'm hyped.

can you please delete such idiot posts?

i likte the podcast, sometimes listened to it... never thought that there is so much to say about poe :)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ ++HIDEOUT IMPROVEMENT THREAD: ..../view-thread/2179528...++░░░░▒▒▒▒
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info