This is not Diablo...

I think most of the important points of this topic has already been said. Bottom line is D2 didn't have an auction house, nor does having one have anything to do with a game being social. I don't recall ever developing a friendship online during a transaction.

I think the best thing to do would be to make instances automatically open for all unless you intentionally make it private. That would make this game much more social, as well as adding in more advantages for being in a guild. Like Star Trek Online does with starbases.
"
Secksy wrote:

I played D2 for 10+ years, never once found a Ber, or Anni. And those were pretty much standard on all characters.

Standard because of the dupe economy, but wholly unnecessary for having fun ripping through content. I'm a fan of OP chase items, but not content balanced around them.

"
Exactly. People overrate D2 so much its not even funny. Not to mention the non existent build diversity. I can be a bowrauder in POE, in D2 there werent even skills for such a thing as a bow barb.

Eh, this 'diversity' you speak of in PoE is generally a cosmetic one. There may be a point or two difference based on initial start position. Just a matter of whether you want a Maori dude with a bow or not. Each class had a number of viable, distinct, and potentially OP builds in D2. Not really honest to say there's no build diversity, when what you're really saying is you want to reskin your Amazon.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
Wait, did Solwitch just make his first legit post?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info