This is not Diablo...

Well...well...(Imagine Maleficent) what do we have here. As I read through the comments there in the mist of all the opinions lies a truth, but ever so slightly does it appear... The truth is... Choice. You as a player have a choice to extend an invitation to the other person as a buyer or seller to keep as a contact. You may ask yourself, "why would I ask a seller or buyer to stay in touch?"

It's common sense, "why not?" It's the same principle as if you participated in a random game with total strangers than realize, "I like this group let me ask a few questions or start a conversation?" This is one way/example of how relationships form. Though again this is a choice you make. Some of us like to keep to ourselves and stay private. That is also fine but it is a personal choice that can in no way be reflective on the trade system of POE. POE allows in good faith, third parties to connect to their forums to allow the rushed or more practical player find items.

On the other hand there are those that are social and have the time to start a conversation; perhaps even forming a relationship regardless of its nature. I am pretty sure GGG is coming up with a brilliant idea so that trading is catered to everyone. Well... This isn't a perfect world so we can hope for the best, support GGG and reply to them with constructive feedback.

With all this said trading in this game is an art, rather a craft. Those that learn with patience will reap the rewards and for those that feel superimposed on the ideology of an AH... Good luck.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Jul 5, 2014, 6:13:21 AM
People really need to find themselves a guild.
"
Secksy wrote:
D2 trading was harder than PoE trading. You had to scour massive lists of games or make trade games and just see who joined and what they had. Complete opposite end of the spectrum.

In PoE you see the same 10 or so spammed messages over and over again, how is that different from game names in D2? And if you want to trade you have to keep the obnoxious spam flowing (why can't I move or resize that freaking window yet...). Also, as D2 was centered around everyone having uniques/sets/runewords in every slot and the cube recipe placing a set value on each rune it was extremely easy to price any item. In PoE you have to consider stat weighings, sockets, links, and colors of sockets (in some cases).

PoE is good fun when it comes to killing monsters but the trade is abysmal.
IGN: Alfrost, Racthoh, The_Crimson
Standard Rings and Amulets: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/960556
"
Jayburner wrote:
People really need to find themselves a guild.

Got one. I use it to trade across accounts.
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
"
Racthoh wrote:
"
Secksy wrote:
D2 trading was harder than PoE trading. You had to scour massive lists of games or make trade games and just see who joined and what they had. Complete opposite end of the spectrum.

In PoE you see the same 10 or so spammed messages over and over again, how is that different from game names in D2? And if you want to trade you have to keep the obnoxious spam flowing (why can't I move or resize that freaking window yet...). Also, as D2 was centered around everyone having uniques/sets/runewords in every slot and the cube recipe placing a set value on each rune it was extremely easy to price any item. In PoE you have to consider stat weighings, sockets, links, and colors of sockets (in some cases).

PoE is good fun when it comes to killing monsters but the trade is abysmal.

Exactly my point. The OP seems to imply that all the D2 players should WANT an AH because it would make it more like D2.

The game is pretty much like D2 already in regards to trading. So why would we be unhappy? I know i'm perfectly fine with how it is currently.
IGN: HotnessEverspleen
"
Secksy wrote:

Exactly my point. The OP seems to imply that all the D2 players should WANT an AH because it would make it more like D2.

The game is pretty much like D2 already in regards to trading. So why would we be unhappy? I know i'm perfectly fine with how it is currently.

Using this crappy trade system would be fine if the game were balanced around self found progression, as D2 was.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
RoyalStar wrote:
Game is designed around the trade, and the actual trade is very bad.

I would to prefer a self found league or a new design what is not around the trade, but self craft for example.

PoE is an extreme capitalistic game atm, and balance is around it, so an AH is needed.

+1
"
b15h09 wrote:
"
Secksy wrote:

Using this crappy trade system would be fine if the game were balanced around self found progression, as D2 was.

I played D2 for 10+ years, never once found a Ber, or Anni. And those were pretty much standard on all characters.
IGN: HotnessEverspleen
You say this is not Diablo, but then where do all those "gems" come from? The red shard has been replaced by blue green and red gems and instead of being forced to jam them into our skulls by some demonic calling, we fight, barter and beg for more sockets and links to insert the shards in.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
Secksy wrote:
"
b15h09 wrote:
"
Secksy wrote:

I played D2 for 10+ years, never once found a Ber, or Anni. And those were pretty much standard on all characters.

Exactly. People overrate D2 so much its not even funny. Not to mention the non existent build diversity. I can be a bowrauder in POE, in D2 there werent even skills for such a thing as a bow barb.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info