[1.3] The Crit Philosopher - CI Crit Cold Witch - Freezing Pulse, PCoC & Echo

Now that you are here ^^

What would be top tier rings and ammy that I should aim for (stats)?

Right now I have

Spoiler

Both rings (mostly the diamond) needs to be upgraded since the WED is useless and +3 all atrr.

Currently around 6k dps with ice spear at max charges. idk how to calculate crits

edit:
Creator
Last edited by sSasori on Aug 26, 2014, 12:53:16 AM
Nice! Void Battery is great for Power Charges! I am yet to see if it really is better than the wand I have atm; but a 6L is my priority for now.

As for the rings, a Diamond Ring with +% ES, Mana and Added dmg (cold or lightning) would be great. Your Paua Ring is very good! If you're confident enough on your mobility and reaction time, you can skip the Chayula. If you get one with spell dmg, cast speed and the like, it would be awesome. Your ammy has very good ES stats, though.

As for the other ring, how are you managing your chance to be frozen? Flasks? I really like Fragments because its inherent mana and mana regen.
IGN: DylanRyder
The Crit Philosopher: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/960124
Dominus Split Runs guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1212404
"
Saxarona wrote:
Nice! Void Battery is great for Power Charges! I am yet to see if it really is better than the wand I have atm; but a 6L is my priority for now.

Maybe not flat, but with the extra power charges and 25% extra spell damager per charge, its great.
17% cast speed and then 60 global crit too.
I think I hit 15k with max charges + atziri flask

"
Saxarona wrote:

If you get one with spell dmg, cast speed and the like, it would be awesome. Your ammy has very good ES stats, though.

Yeah, bought this one.

I will just benchcraft %es :)
edit: I guess no master offers %es :(

"
Saxarona wrote:

As for the other ring, how are you managing your chance to be frozen? Flasks? I really like Fragments because its inherent mana and mana regen.

Yeah, flasks.

The ring is bad all around though. Currently looking for one to grab.

edit:
Creator
Last edited by sSasori on Aug 26, 2014, 6:06:56 PM
Alright I am now level 65,I have a belt with armor now..Which is helping a ton.I also have gotten a skelly totem which is doing wonders still haven't bought/found a granite flask.
But I am surviving more offen now at the time of writing this I am at 79 deaths (Which is pretty horrible).I haven't died though in a while so that's good I am still working on farming that dream fragments and I have not gone CI yet I want to because this chaos damage is destroying my 1 thousand HP life bar.Also Sea witches are the most annoying thing ever with this build they take forever to kill and they keep chilling/freezing me,Is there anything I can do to make them die quicker?

Here's my gear again and I would like to hear what I should upgrade next on it.
Spoiler

My skilltree has taken every single ES node in my reach so I am gonna work on damage I suppose untill I can afford a dreamfragments.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABUIHHg2NDkgRDxFQEZYVUBZAGyUc3B0UIvQnqSlPKgssnDW5OthBlkNjRKtHBklRS65Ms03YUDBVrlj1XGtd8l8qX2pjQ2SdZp5sC20ZcFJw1XFNdFV-WX_GghCESIV9idOMdo9Gj6aP-pUums-boZ3EpwinK6yYrrO3McHFw23Q9dlb2t3bXtvn34rfsOkC6_XsGOw48NXyHfLh8-r31_rS

EDIT:::::

HOLY SHEEEET LOOK WHAT I FOUND
Last edited by Reloads on Aug 26, 2014, 6:36:48 PM
"
sSasori wrote:

Yeah, bought this one.

edit:

Sweet ammy! The ring is also good but could get better; will do for now. Min/maxing comes when one's rich lol

"
Reloads wrote:
Alright I am now level 65,I have a belt with armor now..Which is helping a ton.I also have gotten a skelly totem which is doing wonders still haven't bought/found a granite flask.
But I am surviving more offen now at the time of writing this I am at 79 deaths

347 here, don't worry, you're doing well!

I recommend using some kind of lightning damage to shock them. If your Lightning Warp has Added Lightning, teleport in their face and back out, then use some pulses and that should be it. Don't forget to use your curses!

I think your Chest is the one that needs improving. Dream Fragments is important, but it is more important to have a solid amount of ES to have room for some hits. In the meantime, use some defrost flasks and you'll be fine.

Shield could be upgraded too, but frankly it has some decent stats, so it will be hard to replace. Remember not to overlook on defense, there is no damage if you're dead.

And congratulations on your Soultaker! Now you can get better equipment :D!
anyone can tell me if freezing pulse makes you desync or its just my pc :) ?
What are your thoughts on LMP vs. GMP for freeze pulse? It would seem that your damage would increase with GMP, the only downside I can see is less freeze duration.
"
PathOfDisco wrote:
anyone can tell me if freezing pulse makes you desync or its just my pc :) ?

Press F1 and see if FPS are dropping (less than 30 is rather unplayable for me), or latency (more than 150 is also unplayable IMO). Freezing Pulse is not that conflicting, but the shattered enemies are. If there are lots of enemies shattering to pieces in a small period of time, a little desync is to be expected ;/

"
Nogrid wrote:
What are your thoughts on LMP vs. GMP for freeze pulse? It would seem that your damage would increase with GMP, the only downside I can see is less freeze duration.

GMP would cover a wider area, and supposedly the DPS should increase because all the projectiles overlap. The thing is that each pulse deals less damage, and yeah, it affects the freezing duration.

On the other hand, LMP at level 20 gives you 38% increased damage and only 30% less damage (as opposed to 38% increased and 50% less). Each pulse hits harder, but there are less pulses around the map.

And, according to the Crit Philosophy (the second spoiler in the OP), we should be aiming to get a decent amout of Criticals, but heavy ones. A precise strike is better than a lot of tickles. And with Spell Echo, those "precision strikes" are dealt twice as fast.

So yeah, I'd go for LMP. Great damage and great freeze duration. Safety is important, and frozen enemies can't do anything to harm you :)
Hi, thank you for this build, i'm using it on rampage, and i'm having a good time.

I did not play the previous league, so i was wondering if the build could go atziri with some hope ?

Also, using basic Herald of ice when i've got some more mana on gear, and it really boost the dmg.

EDIT: Just bough Maligaro + Rainbowstride, and lvl 77, i discovered cold snap + elem prolif.
Really Help a lot, i'm dying less and less on map 70/71/72 with that.

I really enjoy Assassin's mark instead of Frostbite. It makes you crit more, and it's one of this build's rule. Plus you get your Power charge way quicker, and it help a lot starting packs.

On the other hand, i've a really hard time with tough bosses.
Each time one of them got more HP than the average boss, i end up ... well, dead :D
I just cant kill merveil in map for exemple ( i'm still quite "low" on ES, running with < 5K ).

Here is my stuff ( yeah, 6L, with 4 fuse .. and i tough it only happen on imgur that kind of things ! )
Spoiler

Last edited by kiab on Aug 30, 2014, 4:29:37 PM
"
kiab wrote:
Hi, thank you for this build, i'm using it on rampage, and i'm having a good time.

I did not play the previous league, so i was wondering if the build could go atziri with some hope ?

With much hope, I guess it is possible. I haven't been to the Apex of Sacrifice myself, but I'm confident that being careful and with some practice, it could be possible.

I started using Herald of Ice instead of Tempest Shield (for now, I want to run both, along with Clarity and Discipline!) and it's incredible: dps went up for around 500 with only 2 levels on Herald of Ice!

OH GOD 6L with 4FUSES OMG. Well, enjoy it! The ES roll is pretty low, but with enough time and luck (which you have, it seems!) you can reroll for a better number.

With both Maligaro's and Rainbowstride you'll be safer now.

I've been testing with Assassin's Mark and it's great, DPS-wise. BUT it doesn't add any freeze duration, which is pretty important if you're running low ES. Consider using Frostbite for extended freezing duration which results in more safety.

And yeah, I died twice yesterday against in a "Twin boss" map with the new Merveil, hadn't seen the rework lol. With harded bosses, Frostbite is handy because their cold resistance will be lowered, thus they are easier to freeze (or at least chill). If you got Elemental Weakness, it's better (because of your Added Lightning). Consider getting Vaal Discipline, it really is a life-saver.

I'm glad you're having fun! Again, congratulations on your uber-luck :)

PS: Max out quality on your shield!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info