[1.3] The Crit Philosopher - CI Crit Cold Witch - Freezing Pulse, PCoC & Echo

Sure, go for it. I do know that the ES Changes are nice. I'm at level 18 in A2 normal with a combined pool of 500 (Life + ES) right now.
what if i don´t go to Templar area. I don´t think Armour is very necessary ...
"
IkaPic wrote:

It would be viable if you could get the ES provided by those nodes somewhere else in the tree, of course!

Ignoring the armour increase, the Templar area provides the build with a total of 50% increased Energy Shield and 16% to all resistances. Skipping the extra Power Charge and duration is not recommended, though.

On the other hand, you can always invest in Energy Shield + Evasion nodes if you think that's better for your playstyle. Right in the Shadow area there are some nodes which provide a total of 30% increased Energy Shield, 42% increased Evasion and 8% to all resistances. You'll miss 20% increased Energy Shield and 8% resistances, but it isn't that much of a deal if you got the right gear.

The idea is to achieve a balance between the stats provided from your tree and the stats gained from gear in order to make the build achievable for (almost) anyone. Feel free to modify it to your needs!
IGN: DylanRyder
The Crit Philosopher: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/960124
Dominus Split Runs guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1212404
Started to test freezing pulse after patch.

Using clarity, discpline and herald of ice in alpha's howl. I was using haste instead of herald but even my herald is low level, its superior to haste.

I ended up with around 3.6k hp, 6.1k unreserved mana with discpline and 980~ after reserves.
Have around 450~ mana per second.

Dps is good enough even i am 87 level. Only the issue is i am missing IR. I have no armour at all and sometimes cwd immortall call doesnt enough for leap slammers.

About the build, i ve tested similar build for my templar aswell. I think templar area is a bit messy. +1 powercharge is awesome ofcourse but maybe i will turn left after i get some level. Somehow having less crit chance on my build. Maybe would better to switch a crit chance wand instead of spell damage boost. I will tweak it a bit more and i ll give some exact numbers when i get to home.

Edit: I have left so much mana unreserved right now, i am not using MoM yet and its overkill with even high lvl AA and auras. Maybe can aciheve to get another aura with reserved mana nodes and have haste or purity.

Also the other hard thing is the dex. You need a lot dex stats on gear.

Gear
Spoiler

Build
Last edited by rasmon on Aug 22, 2014, 6:44:39 AM
Hey,
i'm lvling with a similar build and was wondering if cold penetration is better or worse than lightning/cold dmg.
"
Saxarona wrote:
"
IkaPic wrote:

It would be viable if you could get the ES provided by those nodes somewhere else in the tree, of course!

Replace Body&Soul / Faith&Steel, 10 nodes in Templar with:

Option 1 (O)
Four node cluster to Arcane Focus is +41% ES, +20% faster recharge.
Four nodes to Fire/Lightning/Cold Walker is +15% resists, +18% cold dmg, +8% ele dmg.
(pick 2 more)

Option 2: (D)
Five nodes to Sanctuary is +10% block, +22% resists
(pick 1 more)
"
rasmon wrote:
Started to test freezing pulse after patch (...)

Dex is one of the most common roadblocks for casters. I also need to try with Herald of Ice, but haven't found/bought one yet. Gonna try it out and update later. As for Item Rarity, what I often do is run with an Item Quantity gem instead of Life Leech, of course it's hella dangerous, but sometimes it's worth to try.

Thanks for sharing your build!

"
bobshooter wrote:
Hey,
i'm lvling with a similar build and was wondering if cold penetration is better or worse than lightning/cold dmg.

Cold Penetration will give you more Damage Output, but it's pretty risky if you encounter a pack of reflect mobs. With Added Cold it's more or less the same situation, but less damage overall. Using Added Lightning is great for shocking enemies and deal with cold resistant mobs (or curse immune which you cannot Frostbite). Also, notice Cold Pen is a Dexterity Gem, so you'll need dexterity stats from gear, something the Witch area lacks.

"
Worloega wrote:
Replace Body&Soul / Faith&Steel, 10 nodes in Templar with:

Option 1 (O)
Four nodes to Fire/Lightning/Cold Walker is +15% resists, +18% cold dmg, +8% ele dmg.
(pick 2 more)

Option 2: (D)
Five nodes to Sanctuary is +10% block, +22% resists
(pick 1 more)

Option 1 is the exact same choice I was thinking of. The rest of the points could be invested in Crit Multiplier in the 2 remaining nodes under Pain Attunement, which is a great boost to your DPS.

Thanks for all your suggestions, guys!
IGN: DylanRyder
The Crit Philosopher: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/960124
Dominus Split Runs guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1212404
Consider the Spiritual Guardian wheel if you are dumping the templar area. Big ES gain there and you can change your pathing for zero stat change and take 1/2/3 nodes for 30/30/50,4%block ES from shields

You can do the same with the Mind Barrier wheel and get spell block if so inclined.
Last edited by jaredh on Aug 22, 2014, 5:04:11 PM
I am thinking about taking vaal pact.
what is your logic behind not taking, i know it is a lot of points but i think it will really help out with reflect
"
leoroids wrote:
I am thinking about taking vaal pact.
what is your logic behind not taking, i know it is a lot of points but i think it will really help out with reflect

It's so many points, it would have to be called a different build entirely.

As for this build, another question....how bad do you need those +30 str/dex nodes over by shadow? If you they can be made up for, that's 4 nodes that can be eliminated...you can go around the corner at the far top right by linking the one node that separates two areas you already have in the build, then wipe out the other side...net gain, 3 nodes, but of course, massive stat drop

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info