[1.3] The Crit Philosopher - CI Crit Cold Witch - Freezing Pulse, PCoC & Echo

no video..
#31 of Rampage League after 7 days played.
"
Sojer wrote:
I find that I don't really need to run disc for more mana regen to sustain my AA - all you need is little mana regen on your gear and you are good to go.
I am running CoD and with Clarity, Purity of Ice and Herald of ice I have ~ 800 mana left for CoD to do its job just fine.

Do you mean Disc (discipline) for ES? Clarity is the aura that gives you regen, I think you swapped the names :P

And yeah, later on increased armour (just in belt) is not as efficient. I should mention that the tree is the "cheaper" alternative. The optimal would be respeccing way more than 18 points.

"
PathOfDisco wrote:
My experience so far on playing this build:

(...)
Some playing tips could be:
- New starters should think about getting Eldritch Battery with ES Gear to run a higher arcitc armour. Since you will go for CI!
- A really nice and underrated skill setup is : Vaal Ice nova -> inc. area with quality -> added cold dmg with quality -> cold pen (there are some other gems you can easially change for cold pen)
- In my opinion cast when dmg taken will help you to aware somr of tge heavy dmg you will get since you are geared up. Choose your setup. Some could be: lvld cwdt -> quality ele prolif -> quality cold pen -> quality cold snap
(...)

I was planning to do another FAQ which is dealing with reflect, and will talk about using that setup (or Cold Snap + Trap) to do the trick.

Thanks for your tips, Disco! Do you mind if I put this information in the original post as testimonial?

"
Insomniask wrote:
no video..

Any software you recommend? I've been wanting to add a vid, but I have no idea which software would be convenient!
IGN: DylanRyder
The Crit Philosopher: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/960124
Dominus Split Runs guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1212404
"
Saxarona wrote:
"
Sojer wrote:
I find that I don't really need to run disc for more mana regen to sustain my AA - all you need is little mana regen on your gear and you are good to go.
I am running CoD and with Clarity, Purity of Ice and Herald of ice I have ~ 800 mana left for CoD to do its job just fine.

Do you mean Disc (discipline) for ES? Clarity is the aura that gives you regen, I think you swapped the names :P

And yeah, later on increased armour (just in belt) is not as efficient. I should mention that the tree is the "cheaper" alternative. The optimal would be respeccing way more than 18 points.

Disc + EB = mana regen since I am life based.
I forgot your build is CI so scratch what I said about Disc :).
IGN: DirtyWorX
Last edited by Sojer on Sep 8, 2014, 3:40:26 PM
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
keta wrote:
"
edessiex wrote:
Hi,
I am gonna use a skill reset to create this build. Thank you for that !

Would Voll's protector works ? (Obviously I would not go CI)
It would save me the Power Charge on Critical slot.

In addition how would the unique ring Thief's torment fit in there ? Would there be enough freezing pulse to sustain it ?

Lastly if I do not want to go the CI road (I will consider a CI build once/if I got a Shavronne), do I need to make changes other than not taking the CI node ?

Thanks !

Instead of voll wich is pretty bad just use a 4L with Ice spear+gmp+faster casting+pcoc.

I do that, if u play solo its even easyere witht the curse assassin mark.

Iam at 70K with freezing pulse life base on a 5L (gem lvl 19, lvl86 only)

70k? Can you link your items and show how you reached so high dps?

sure iam at 78k 15600x5 (113k with vaal haste +atziri flask):

build lvl87
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMC_gMeBAcFQgW1Bx4HpQj0DkgPxBBYEZYV5xa_FvMc3B9BI_Yk_SY8JpUqUyycLR8vnTB8Nj06WDt8QZZCw0ZxSVFJsUmyS1dMs02SUDBRR1VLVcZd8l8qYeJilWKsY0NknWpDaxdsjG-ecFJw1XOzdwd_xoIQgh6DCYPbhxOJ04w2jX2Nv4_6kyeVIJUunKSdqqKjrrOvm7JwtAy0xbjKvOrAVMDjwfPC7ND118_bC9te34Tfit-w44TmgedU6-Tr9e-I8Gvw1fGz8h35N__e

i use fp+gmp+echo+crit multi+cold pen (imo cold pen is better than add lighting its not increaes the tooltype like add lightning but its give more cold dmg, better freeze..., with add lightning you cant shock map boss and lot of time in party someone shock monster)

End game tree i think i will do that, with life leech on the 6 link
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMC_gMeBAcFQgW1Bx4HpQj0DkgPxBGWFr8W8xzcH0Ek_SY8JpUqUyycLR8vnTY9Olg7fEGWQsNGcUlRSbFJsktXTLNQMFFHVUtVxl3yXyph4mKVYqxjQ2SdakNrF2yMb55wUnDVdwd_xoIQgh6DCYPbhxOJ04w2jb-P-pMnlSCVLpyknaqio66zsnC0DLTFuMq86sBUwOPB88Ls0PXXz9sL217fhN-K37DjhOdU6-Tr9e-I8NXxs_Id-Tf_3uq6DXxXySj6gsf56EGHtz7-Cti9NZK18qluKjgwfI19I_ZNkg==

i can also use add ligthning or add chaos in the 6 link and get more dmg on the tree and have an insane dmg but i already instant kill monster. i think vaal pact with more life will be better, and my dmg will increaes a lot with 20/20 gem like crit multi its a huge dps boost
Last edited by keta on Sep 8, 2014, 4:45:23 PM
Hi,
I followed the initial build, but I am not sure I wanna go CI. Currently I have got enough mana, decent equipment (5L, maligaro, raptith, +20 FP) and almost maxed out resistance. I just miss the extra damage (currently my FP with LMP only does 2500 DPS). I will try to follow this alternate skill tree and see how it impacts the damage and survivability.

Sorry I do not know how to link my stuff on display here...
Last edited by edessiex on Sep 8, 2014, 6:57:03 PM
"

I was planning to do another FAQ which is dealing with reflect, and will talk about using that setup (or Cold Snap + Trap) to do the trick.

Thanks for your tips, Disco! Do you mind if I put this information in the original post as testimonial?

No, feel free to use them in your FAQ :)
Hi

Can somebody help me to understand why everyone don't pick the upper +71℅ damage and +2cold penetration upper witch nodes? It is a lot of damage...

I'm a pulser lvl 81 and with LMP my max dmg output is 12k of damage but....is really low. Why everyone don't want +spell damage?
Last edited by kranather on Sep 9, 2014, 9:56:26 AM
"
Sojer wrote:
Another thing is Body and soul - waste imo. Sovereignty it is a good cluster if you are using

I can't imagine not having the entire Sovereignty wheel.

IMHO OP should use Alpha's for the 8% more reduced and run a 5th Aura (which is what I'm thinking about doing)
Also, easy change

You are only getting 12% Aura increase in Sovereignty...you can get 20% in Influence. You should be going along the bottom of Sovereignty to get the mana reduction anyway as well, so this is a no brainer swap of points for 8% Aura.
"
kranather wrote:
Hi

Can somebody help me to understand why everyone don't pick the upper +71℅ damage and +2cold penetration upper witch nodes? It is a lot of damage...

I'm a pulser lvl 81 and with LMP my max dmg output is 12k of damage but....is really low. Why everyone don't want +spell damage?

Maybe really high lvl u can take it, but befor its better to get crit or even cast speed imo, and defense.

Try to get better gear for ur dmg.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info