Spell Echo

"
ephetat wrote:
I feel that Spell Echo's introduction should have been accompanied by an Ancestral Bond buff... previously one could ballpark dual totems' damage deficit as 30% which was a reasonable tradeoff, but this mechanic will greatly increase that gap.

Agreed. This can be seen as a smack in the face to totem users.
Search for "Silvers Kiosk" on the forums for some quality gear and fair trades.
IGN: Silver_Totems
You dont get it they hate totems probably because botters use them and they can't detect them.
Awesome now I can almost kill the rare before the CoCer comes over and demolishes it.
It's obviously way stronger than Multistrike with the current numbers. I don't know if Ziggy or the balance team goofed when he mentioned it was meant to be weaker than Multistrike. It's almost a Level 6 Empower.

One of the big things about the Marauder stat tree adjustment I really noticed is how easy it was to get his Increased% multiplier up without a buttload of taxation. Spell source% isn't like that on the tree - it only exists in the starting areas. An apples to apples comparison is Baptism By Light vs. Immolation. Baptism is adjacent to 24% life, and gets you close to the Templar's starting life (which amounts to around +800 life minimum by endgame all added together). Immolation, isn't next to a survival stat and just terminates in a dead end. That lack of stat density contributes to why non-crit spellcasting isn't as good as it could be.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the hell out of Echo. Some spells get screwed due to the effectiveness damage tax, can't get as much out of Added X Damage (and Fire Spells can't get any boost from those), and really needed something like Melee Physical Damage. It's just that this is fundamentally mandatory for every wizard.
"
ephetat wrote:
I feel that Spell Echo's introduction should have been accompanied by an Ancestral Bond buff... previously one could ballpark dual totems' damage deficit as 30% which was a reasonable tradeoff, but this mechanic will greatly increase that gap.

I would've just settled for spell echo working with totems.
IGN: Alfrost, Racthoh, The_Crimson
Standard Rings and Amulets: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/960556
Last edited by Racthoh on Jul 3, 2014, 6:16:25 PM
so how does it exactly work with flameblast? does it put 2 circles at once that go over each other? or does it get 1 circle but each charging is 2 charges instead of 1? somebody from GGG pease explain
IGN: CyganuHipsterDischarge
"
canzpl wrote:
so how does it exactly work with flameblast? does it put 2 circles at once that go over each other? or does it get 1 circle but each charging is 2 charges instead of 1? somebody from GGG pease explain

Wondering the same thing about incinerate. Double speed ramp up, double streams or both?
IGN: KoTao
two charges for one button press for flameblast.
two projectiles for incinerate for one button press. no charge yet as it takes more casts to reach next step.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
two projectiles for incinerate for one button press. no charge yet as it takes more casts to reach next step.

thats a bummer. was really counting on two circles of flameblast...
IGN: CyganuHipsterDischarge
"
canzpl wrote:
"
soul4hdwn wrote:

thats a bummer. was really counting on two circles of flameblast...

you still can, with Vaal Flameblast. :)

Leveling up with Arc now is very, very nice. it doesnt use so much mana anymore to run a 4 link: Arc, faster casting, Echo and Lightning pen (since every second cast is free).

But I am still going to try out a super fast casting Ice nova crit build with Echo.
Don't Touch my Sweep please GGG!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info