The Discharge Compendium

Very interested in further progress, stat pics and vids.

Keep at it,
GoranH.
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814
Well fuck me. I was planning on building an RF discharger for the next 4month, it seems someone beat me to it - lol.
Would really like to see some pictures and videos :D btw. Why not run spell echo with enduring cry + increased aoe? Should give you way more charges even with only a few enemies around
Colorblind? - Check out the Unofficial colourblind mode!
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147271
Okay, after having played around with hyperbears build for some time now I can give my input. It works very well! Also for hardcore which I play exclusively. For now I am level 76 and have soloed maps as high as 72 with no trouble. Also i hate spending time cursing stuff so i opted for extra life ress ring instead of getting an extra curse.

I have 4316 life // 736 mana // 94 fire ress.

9400 damage with 6 endurance charges and atziri flask (which along with a ruby flask should be used every single time you discharge).

Here is my gear so far:
Spoiler

before you make the build You should be aware that doryanis invitation is quite needed and that even though a 6L isn't necessary the build can get quite costly. Also the only place where a +1 max endurance charge doryani's is possible is standard. in hardcore the belt alone sells for 7ex and there is almost noone around to sell them. until level 77 i also wont have taken any block nodes yet, which makes my survivability a bit low, especially considering i am using rainbow + stone of lazhwar. Later on, it should get much better

Another thing i figured is that with a 21 POF and +2 fire gem scepter you dont need both the buff nodes at inner force to give that extra +1 max fire ress, only one of them is needed to make it happen (if you have the rest of the aura nodes in his tree).

Getting the endurance charges needed to kill stuff with this would be extremely hard without spell echo. just saying.
Colorblind? - Check out the Unofficial colourblind mode!
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147271
I am thinking of making a burning discharger using the pyre ring allowing me to use max fren,y charg s along with enduring charges and using shock nova to provide prolif shock and EE. I want it to be a hc build. Do you think I'd need vaal pact?
EHC: Wyvernborn
"
szym3n wrote:
I am thinking of making a burning discharger using the pyre ring allowing me to use max fren,y charg s along with enduring charges and using shock nova to provide prolif shock and EE. I want it to be a hc build. Do you think I'd need vaal pact?

You probably are going to need Vaal Pact if you're planning on using that many charges plus shock stacks.

Also, Pyre doesn't work with a burning discharger. It gets rid of burning corpses, and as a result, you can't proliferate a burn as easily.
Updated my guide with how to use the Pyre ring in group play, I would not recommend it in solo play at all. I will be adding 3 other discharge builds to the list in the next few days.
Harvest crafting thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2902994
Level 100 Softcore - Storm Brand Occultist
Level 100 Hardcore - Shockwave Totems
Level 100 Hardcore - Bladefall Self-cast
Level 100 Hardcore - Whispering Ice
Last edited by Hyperbear on Jul 25, 2014, 9:31:13 PM
"
szym3n wrote:

I think that will depend on how much fire resistance you can get. If you can raise your maximum fire resistance to 100% with a ruby flask which is quite doable then you will not need vaal pact. Otherwise you will need 80% fire resistance, a life leech gem and vaal pact in order to survive your reflected damage!
"
Hyperbear wrote:
Updated my guide with how to use the Pyre ring in group play, I would not recommend it in solo play at all. I will be adding 3 other discharge builds to the list in the next few days.

I thought that if you kill a unit with the burning damage if you have the pyre on, it won't actually destroy the bodies, only if you 1shot them with the initial cast of discharge, so if there is enough monsters on the screen, the burn should prolif anyway no?

I just want a strong discharge build to use with life on HC. ;s
EHC: Wyvernborn
"
szym3n wrote:
"
Hyperbear wrote:

I thought that if you kill a unit with the burning damage if you have the pyre on, it won't actually destroy the bodies, only if you 1shot them with the initial cast of discharge, so if there is enough monsters on the screen, the burn should prolif anyway no?

I just want a strong discharge build to use with life on HC. ;s

You are completely correct however I feel you are underestimating the damage of discharge as it can and will one shot the entire screen at all times. If you want a strong life based discharger mine works in hardcore just can be rough if you ever lose focus and I will be releasing an aegis/life version in the next day or so when I finish messing around with it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info