[1.2.0] "Forcefield" - Flameblast - EB/MoM/Block - Atziri & Endgame Viable!

Great build mate, I love it. Using it now. I ended up running tempest shield alone in a 4L though (reduced mana - mana leech - life leech - tempest shield).

This wand helps a ton for AA mitigation! Now we just need a lvl 4 empower :p

Currently using an uncorrupted one because the +30 strength allows me to refund the +30 strength node on the passive tree. Decreased movement speed is kind of a pain, don't notice the -10 cast speed that much though.

Small note: may want to include a leveling tree, I always play witch flameblast without block so it was a bit awkward for me leveling up a templar and I specced into block pretty quickly and ended up with lackluster damage between levels 55 - 75. Would also recommend going for quick recovery and respeccing it later because the cluster is just too good, same for prestidigitation.

Here are my leveling trees and how I would make this char in the new leagues having just leveled it from 1 - 84:

24 points
Right before we get the 'searing bond' gem from saving clarissa in a3n. Burning damage cluster is conveniently close.

58 points
Melee nodes refunded (you start off as 2h molten strike), I would rush EB and mana here to sustain AA. You don't start witch so you don't get a free +40 mana regen and all the other mana-friendly nodes. You don't need to get the area of effect nodes at witch yet and if you can sustain AA you can skip the 2 nodes under deep wisdom. Goldwyrm are excellent boots (+60% mana regen, movespeed, fire res and iiq!) but may be hard to come by at the start of a league or race. You can grab 'sanctuary' fairly quickly because that cluster is +22% to all ele resist, you can choose whether to go for 2% block and 50% block recovery (which I think is ultimately superior if you have your gear in check) or 2% block and 10% all resist, which may allow you to run ele weakness maps or something.

84 points
Continuing the skill tree. By now you can see if you can refund some mana nodes (without losing the ability to sustain AA). You're level 65 here. Don't skip the flask nodes because you desperately want the +3 max fire resist from a ruby against reflect (and beyond mobs can pop up with a reflect aura and suckerpunch you, won't be the first time someone is charging at a pack and a previous burn triggers beyond mob spawn with a reflect aura for the oneshot). Maybe you won't need the +30 dex or +30 strength node, skill/refund as needed.

96 points
Witch AoE and refunded some mana. Now you start filling in block nodes and try to refund the quick recovery cluster and then your build will look like the OP's build (although I think I'll go for the +10 all resist over the 50% block recovery).

That being said this is all personal opinion and how I would level this build in the future, based on my experience of leveling this build the last few days. Of course you are free to do whatever you want and go an entirely different route but this is my advice.
Beyond league.
Last edited by SEXYSUPERSATAN on Oct 10, 2014, 12:47:11 AM
SEXYSUPERSATAN - good solution to this (reduced mana - mana leech - life leech - tempest shield). thx

has anyone tried uber atziri with this build? I'm wondering if this build is a viable option ... if not then what is missing? survivability or DPS?
"
ma4ti4 wrote:
has anyone tried uber atziri with this build? I'm wondering if this build is a viable option ... if not then what is missing? survivability or DPS?

you don't have enough damage nor enough raw life pool, clearing trash is probably easy, vaal is probably doable but gl with bossfight 2 and atziri
Beyond league.
Amazing build. Not the one you want if all you need is 2 minute gorge speedruns but for me its ideal option. Vaaling all high lvl maps i get and running them without dying is really fun. blood magic is the only one i couldnt run, even no life and mana regen is doable if you swap for blood magic gem. Triple curse is doing tons of work, i would recommend getting 6L CoD though cause cast speed is pretty slow otherwise.
Played this game for 2 years and this is the first time i got to lvl 91 and it took me 2 weeks.
Last edited by NetmanQ on Oct 14, 2014, 9:17:15 AM
Leveled up untill 75 with 5L searing touch (somehow did not rage quit, 3khp). Finally got all the gear, feel like god. Almost 0 damage taken. This is really good for new players and people who just enjoy playing it. Will post gear soon.

@lvl76 atm
my gear:
Spoiler

Looking for new rings and flasks. And quality gems flamblest + linked supports
Last edited by n0diac on Oct 15, 2014, 5:19:09 PM
"
n0diac wrote:
Leveled up untill 75 with 5L searing touch (somehow did not rage quit, 3khp). Finally got all the gear, feel like god. Almost 0 damage taken. This is really good for new players and people who just enjoy playing it. Will post gear soon.

@lvl76 atm
my gear:
Spoiler

A 20q flameblast would be the biggest upgrade and should have highest priority!
Level 89 right now. Tanked Abaxoth, all the olmec sanctum totems, 4 add. proj. Haast in 78 map and so forth. Gear right now:

Spoiler

Looking to get a blue socket in my cloak so I can put lightning warp in there, it would mean I can get another cast when stunned set-up in my helmet. Either that or a 6L and just have random shit in my helm.

Currently trying to link this.
Beyond league.
"
Sa_Re wrote:
"
n0diac wrote:

@lvl76 atm
my gear:
Spoiler

A 20q flameblast would be the biggest upgrade and should have highest priority!

lvl 77 right now, no time to play really (alot of work)

upgrades (new ring and new flameblast :):
Thanks for that build! Tankiest char I have ever played. Feels good to not be afraid of evey single thing running towards me :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info