[1.2.0] "Forcefield" - Flameblast - EB/MoM/Block - Atziri & Endgame Viable!

best 5 L setup ?

FB-echo- pro lifer-con effect - inc burning damage work ?
Last edited by mopzi on Sep 22, 2014, 8:06:21 AM
"
mopzi wrote:
best 5 L setup ?

FB-echo- pro lifer-con effect - inc burning damage work ?

Fire Pen would be better than Conc Effect but it's not going to be easy rolling 2R 3B so be ready to spend a lot of chromatics.
The most efficient way to get dual curse for this build imo is
"
Sa_Re wrote:
The most efficient way to get dual curse for this build imo is

Why settle for only two curses? ;)
What would be your 3rd curse? Ele weakness?
"
dLxYaN wrote:
What would be your 3rd curse? Ele weakness?

Most likely, especially if playing in a group where running flammability + 2 defensive curses wouldn't be appreciated by most people.
Also, was wondering what kind of mana regen per second I should have to support both arctic armour and MoM.
Let's say I have lvl20 arctic armour (or lvl22 from +2 cold gems on sceptre).
What kind of mana regen would suffice to not get drained to 0 by MoM and then get AA turned off?
"
dLxYaN wrote:
Also, was wondering what kind of mana regen per second I should have to support both arctic armour and MoM.
Let's say I have lvl20 arctic armour (or lvl22 from +2 cold gems on sceptre).
What kind of mana regen would suffice to not get drained to 0 by MoM and then get AA turned off?

Before the mini expansion I used to run this build with 5~ mana per second less than what I needed to sustain AA but it still worked, that's even what I had for my fights against Atziri. If you can get more than the drain then that's fine, also remember that while in combat The Anvil will restore some mana on block as well.
Love this build, 10/10. Got to 90 on rampage with it, killed atziri with one death to split phase. Probably could've been avoided with different flasks.

Notes & feedback from running it:
One-stack burning white packs with only one curse (possibly without, but you're spending too much time waiting around for them to die if you don't)
10-stack one-shotting (with afterburn) shrine piety/warmonger without a curse.
Fucking immortal. Did double palace dominus with vulnerability and the spookiest thing was the searing bond totems.
CWS molten shell with life leech is way better than I expected.
Reflect means absolutely nothing unless you do a full 10-stack on a large pack without a ruby.
Max block allowed me to use a tabula until I 6L'd my cloak, at around ~81 or 82. Ran probably level 71 maps with a tabula.
Atziri was easier than expected. I forgot to even put empower in instead of inc burning damage, and it was still quick.
The only map mods I reroll are temp chains, half/no regen, or fire res.
I look forward to a +1 curse anvil.

Drawbacks:
Getting enough dex for arctic armor without the 30 dex nodes was really difficult. Getting enough str for level 20 IC/EC is just as difficult.
Really hard to give up any of the gems in a 6L. Hell, there's like 8 support gems I wish I could always use. For reference, I use FB/conc/fire pen/inc burning/prolif/chance to ignite. Spell echo will replace ignite when I get quality burning damage and 20/20 FB.
Getting to 89 for the respec into the templar nodes was excruciatingly teasing.
Cast speed is absolutely horrid. -10% from anvil (and fuck that -20% movement penalty) is so painful without any cast speed nodes. Doryani's makes up for it a little bit, but it's still so bad.
Bad in parties. By the time you start doing any burn damage, everything's already dead. The only time you get to shine is during bosses.
Wish I could get more mana regen. ~219 without discipline and MoM doesn't always have 100% effectiveness.
Quicksilver is pretty much mandatory, even with 20/20 lightning warp, casting, reduced duration.

Link changeups: 3L in shield is flammability, ele weakness, (leveling up fire pen, but probably inc duration later? enhance if the opportunity arises)
4L in hat: Red duration, faster casting, lightning warp, arctic armor
4L in boots: red mana, clarity, tempest shield, discipline (purity of elements for ele weakness maps) probably gonna level up a purity of lightning/fire for atziri.

I feel like the tempest shield blind is excessive.

Thanks for the build guide.
"
FrontLineBait wrote:
Spoiler
Love this build, 10/10. Got to 90 on rampage with it, killed atziri with one death to split phase. Probably could've been avoided with different flasks.

Notes & feedback from running it:
One-stack burning white packs with only one curse (possibly without, but you're spending too much time waiting around for them to die if you don't)
10-stack one-shotting (with afterburn) shrine piety/warmonger without a curse.
Fucking immortal. Did double palace dominus with vulnerability and the spookiest thing was the searing bond totems.
CWS molten shell with life leech is way better than I expected.
Reflect means absolutely nothing unless you do a full 10-stack on a large pack without a ruby.
Max block allowed me to use a tabula until I 6L'd my cloak, at around ~81 or 82. Ran probably level 71 maps with a tabula.
Atziri was easier than expected. I forgot to even put empower in instead of inc burning damage, and it was still quick.
The only map mods I reroll are temp chains, half/no regen, or fire res.
I look forward to a +1 curse anvil.

Drawbacks:
Getting enough dex for arctic armor without the 30 dex nodes was really difficult. Getting enough str for level 20 IC/EC is just as difficult.
Really hard to give up any of the gems in a 6L. Hell, there's like 8 support gems I wish I could always use. For reference, I use FB/conc/fire pen/inc burning/prolif/chance to ignite. Spell echo will replace ignite when I get quality burning damage and 20/20 FB.
Getting to 89 for the respec into the templar nodes was excruciatingly teasing.
Cast speed is absolutely horrid. -10% from anvil (and fuck that -20% movement penalty) is so painful without any cast speed nodes. Doryani's makes up for it a little bit, but it's still so bad.
Bad in parties. By the time you start doing any burn damage, everything's already dead. The only time you get to shine is during bosses.
Wish I could get more mana regen. ~219 without discipline and MoM doesn't always have 100% effectiveness.
Quicksilver is pretty much mandatory, even with 20/20 lightning warp, casting, reduced duration.

Link changeups: 3L in shield is flammability, ele weakness, (leveling up fire pen, but probably inc duration later? enhance if the opportunity arises)
4L in hat: Red duration, faster casting, lightning warp, arctic armor
4L in boots: red mana, clarity, tempest shield, discipline (purity of elements for ele weakness maps) probably gonna level up a purity of lightning/fire for atziri.

I feel like the tempest shield blind is excessive.

Thanks for the build guide.

Thanks for the kind words and the feedback. As far as stat requirements goes I went out of my way to grab the 20 str, life, buff effect nodes and the strength nodes on the way to it, which basically made me only have to get dex on my gear.

I feel you with the 6l gem limit but that also makes it fun to level up all the gems you want and then play around with all of them, switching gems and see if it's better or worse.

Movespeed isn't an issue at all for me with
and the flask nodes, also running 4% movepeed corruption on my anvil which helps.

I prefer Faster Casting & Echo because Flameblast becomes so much more fun with cast speed. Damage on the tree and from a Doryani's Catalyst is already enough and after that you just want to be faster and have a larger aoe.

Haven't used Blind after the mini expansion because there's just not enough gem slots for it and it did get a slight nerf.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info