Blood Magic build theorycrafting

Heres what i have come up with so far for a Blood Magic Facebreaker build.

My main concern is about DPS, i know this build i came up with is very tanky can i have some advice on damage output? My assumption is they nerfed elemental damage with Facebreaker hence why i avoided all nodes relating to it.

I'm working on the theory Frenzy and Enduring cry would be my main 2 skills.
Last edited by Spathinator on Feb 5, 2013, 2:58:51 AM
main dps skill should b infernal blow. get blood rage for frenzy charges. have a few fire traps, or bear traps for extra dps and sticky situations. try to get your hands on ezomyte peak (helmet which gives 20% physical and more) and try to get nodes for fire element which dont say weapon in the name
Last edited by Spathinator on Feb 2, 2013, 7:40:26 PM
Any more feedback on the second attempt people? I assume Meginord's Girdle is a must have due to the physical damage it gives out.
I am building a facebreaker mara, (the lucky find of a 977% one inspired me) currently level 39. I'll avoid Blood Magic because it limits the use of auras, and you only need a mana pool of ~40 mana with all auras active to spam infernal blow. My build is quite different, something along these lines

I think I'll grab Endurance charges if needed. On bosses I build Frenzy then spam infernal blow, on hard packs (flickers etc) I use Dominating blow and make a few meat shields, then the usual. i don't even have Maginords or the fire damage quiver or a phys damage ammy, still going strong.
My main concern is the scaling in late game, because somehow I feel i won't be able to reach enough dps to effectively farm.
Last edited by Flex0 on Feb 4, 2013, 8:45:42 AM
first of all. make sure u get the resist nodes that are good. i didnt wanna give all the info cuz i wanted you to figure stuff out on ur own. so far im lvl 33 and my infernal blow does 1.12k dps :D i have just over 800hp and only 400armour. as the othe person said. bloodmagic is bad for this build. you will be losing too much hp for life leech to help.
belts- meginords girdle or the magnate ( i use the magnate)
helm- ezomyte peak
gloves- over 900% facebreakers
body- anything with good armour and resist
rings- physical damage and resists/rarity/ or other stats like dex and int
necklace- damage again. and rarity if possible. or resistances
uniques you will most likely never change is facebreakers, ezomyte and belt you choose. everything else can be changed to suit.
i use a quiver, but that wont work soon. so dont depend on it.
i only play facebreaker-

In close beta i had lvl 45 infernal blow. The DPS was huge. In passive tree i took life, and fire dmg with resolute. had some auras like determination, vitality and anger. Very inteesting build

In OB i started to play with frenzy facebreaker , currently lvl 40 . Not as strong as the infernal blow but a bit more interesting. I use frenzy , enduring cry and warlord mark. Passive tree is
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecUIBkuHOcg8CftKS426DpSPfxE503jUEdQUFRJVw1YY1ivXz9qHmo7eA18uIcpjAaMz57NpKynMKgYqW6sWa6TtfK53cbY0iHZYd-_51LvDvIv8932SP6P

Im going for a lot of life as i have Blood Magic.

I also have a lvl 28 two set marauder specially made for pvp (facebreaker + axe) . It's very very strong. i have infernal blow and frenzy as two facebreaker skills. Infernal blow does more damage however frenzy can produce faster attacks so i like them both.
Last edited by Neito on Feb 4, 2013, 12:25:59 PM
"
Neito wrote:
i only play facebreaker-

In close beta i had lvl 45 infernal blow. The DPS was huge. In passive tree i took life, and fire dmg with resolute. had some auras like determination, vitality and anger. Very inteesting build

In OB i started to play with frenzy facebreaker , currently lvl 40 . Not as strong as the infernal blow but a bit more interesting. I use frenzy , enduring cry and warlord mark. Passive tree is
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecUIBkuHOcg8CftKS426DpSPfxE503jUEdQUFRJVw1YY1ivXz9qHmo7eA18uIcpjAaMz57NpKynMKgYqW6sWa6TtfK53cbY0iHZYd-_51LvDvIv8932SP6P

Im going for a lot of life as i have Blood Magic.

I also have a lvl 28 two set marauder specially made for pvp (facebreaker + axe) . It's very very strong. i have infernal blow and frenzy as two facebreaker skills. Infernal blow does more damage however frenzy can produce faster attacks so i like them both.

with blood rage you dont need to use frenzy ( especially in pve)
and the best aura i found that works is hatred. adds more dps than anger by alot.
when i got to lvl 33 my dps went from 1k to 1.5k from buying 1 item.
"
nevstar wrote:
first of all. make sure u get the resist nodes that are good. i didnt wanna give all the info cuz i wanted you to figure stuff out on ur own. so far im lvl 33 and my infernal blow does 1.12k dps :D i have just over 800hp and only 400armour. as the othe person said. bloodmagic is bad for this build. you will be losing too much hp for life leech to help.
belts- meginords girdle or the magnate ( i use the magnate)
helm- ezomyte peak
gloves- over 900% facebreakers
body- anything with good armour and resist
rings- physical damage and resists/rarity/ or other stats like dex and int
necklace- damage again. and rarity if possible. or resistances
uniques you will most likely never change is facebreakers, ezomyte and belt you choose. everything else can be changed to suit.
i use a quiver, but that wont work soon. so dont depend on it.

Who said quiver's wont work soon? I never heard them say anything about that. They did say they MIGHT make it so quivers only work with bows, but obviously they did not do that. End of story.
dude. they confirmed that just because it hasn't been done yet, doesn't mean it wont be done. i read a pretty recent post saying that before end of closed beta. so yeh.. even if it still works, i wouldn't depend on it too much. i still use mine. just a heads up. no need for the rudeness.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info