real story about RNG.

Jealousy is an ugly thing~

I am not sure someone who acts this immature deserves better drops.

This is coming from someone who has easily 1500+ hours in game and best drop was a few weeks ago with a Cloak of defiance.

If you do feel the need to quit the game due to this,then, by all means...

Try torchlight 2, it has better drops, though they seem more uninteresting overall (heck, from all I've seen so far, you just cant beat PoE itemization and customization).
Im currently playing it to see if I can finally reach endgame... I usually lose interest half-way.

EDIT: And ofc there's D3, that Van hellsing game, titan quest, grim dawn, etc.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Jun 28, 2014, 10:05:22 AM
"
Disrupted wrote:

It is immature to bring "maturity" up as anything of relevance regarding what someone deserves as drops.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
mazul wrote:
"
Disrupted wrote:

It is immature to bring "maturity" up as anything of relevance regarding what someone deserves as drops.

I do not think its wrong to feel that someone who says something like this doesnt deserve anything:
"
But the real problem is our BUDDY, who just ruined our desire to play this game.

If you dont see anything wrong with this phrase then I really wonder the upbringing you had, anyone half-decent would be happy for their friend, this sounds more antagonistic than anything.
Oblivious
"
Disrupted wrote:
"
mazul wrote:
"
Disrupted wrote:

I do not think its wrong to feel that someone who says something like this doesnt deserve anything:
"
But the real problem is our BUDDY, who just ruined our desire to play this game.

If you dont see anything wrong with this phrase then I really wonder the upbringing you had, anyone half-decent would be happy for their friend, this sounds more antagonistic than anything.

I firmly believe you´re the only one nitpicking on that sentence while no one would have thought that the OP is mad or jelly at his buddy but that the OP was more ranting about the system itself. Well whatever.
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
"
Spysong192 wrote:

I firmly believe you´re the only one nitpicking on that sentence while no one would have thought that the OP is mad or jelly at his buddy but that the OP was more ranting about the system itself. Well whatever.

Im open for the idea of misunderstanding, I may have misunderstood, OP may have explained himself badly, maybe both, maybe just me.
I still disagree that one should get this angry about the luck of others. As its said in quote, that's the real problem, it did not bother him until it happened to others. right in front of him, continually.
Ill try to see it from his point of view, maybe it was just the straw that broke the camel's back, but the way its phrased and the fact that other's luck was what actually brought up the rant is what I find wrong.
In that sense I think I understand what you said, and I admit I guess Im being immature myself, cause like OP seemed to focus on that, so am I in his attitude when the thread should be about the drop system. Guess negative attitude brings forth more negative attitude. (reading the forums in particular is something I find extremely poisonous, there are good posters, but there's also outright baiting and trolls rampant)

I actually think the game might use a bit of an improvement, but an extremely careful gradual one, which I think is what GGG is doing.
Also with experience in drops in other games of the same genre I've found guaranteed or too high drops to be far more of a game killer (Atziri's a good exception since its only on a very hard endgame boss and you just get a garantueed unique from a list, with RNG still playing a part)
I also find the number of current uniques to be too little to sustain an high drop system, not to mention the whole economy crash it would bring about (having in mind currency as well)

EDIT: but if you think im nitpicking with that quote I recommend you read the whole post, it just sustains the quote
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Jun 29, 2014, 12:26:29 PM
Your friend has IIR items on, hurrrrrrrr...
Lack of drops leads to an overly greedy atmosphere where everyone envy is abound, envy is only aobund because people don't get enough to be happy, it's not that they just envy the one who got more, no, it's that they envy those who get something when they worked their ass off for nothing.

I wish GGG could see how starved their atmosphere is, they create the game where people are greedy because they never have much if they just play the game straight up.

Very few players even got 1 char with just 2 pieces of GG gear. I D2 you could have several geared characters, in PoE, even on standard after so long, people have to sell all their previous chars gear just to try another build properly. Even people who's spent several thousands hours farming are nowhere near gearing 1 char to where there isn't much left to gear.

Kinda game is that? honestly. A game where no one has shit, starvation mode. This is just a damn game, let players have fun instead of feeding them frustration.

We have blind fools everyone saying it's just jealousy, etc, bla bla. Talk like it's the players fault alone. The problem is that the game breeds it being the way it is, it is a serious problem with this starvation mode game.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jun 29, 2014, 2:23:05 PM
GGG is creating a game that rewards certain aspects:

- Put in A LOT of hours
- Play in a party
- Wear MF gear
- Follow meta builds
- Exploit game mechanics
- Trade/flip

So, basically, if you prefer to:

- Play a couple of hours daily
- Play solo
- Wear gear that makes your character more powerful
- Doing your own builds
- Not to exploit game mechanics
- Play self found

Your fucked. And at the same time, they are talking about freedom and choices. This game could have been the greatest of all time FOR EVERYONE, but keeps rewarding only a few (see above).
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
I can definetly agree with the OP of this Thread.

I got like over 2000 hours of gaming and the best Unique Item I got was also an Alphas and 2 BoR.

Same Story with a mate from me:

He plays 2 weeks, drops Shavs 17Jew 11Fusings 6Linked. He 6linked 5 Chests and 3Bows without spending much currency at all.

Im playing this game since November every day from the morning into the night.

Running Dominus with my 460/78 culler at least 5 hours a day. Im not jealous at all but this is a serious Topic that maybe the devs should work on.

It takes the fun.... :(
GGG QoL Feature of the Year! SKILLTREE AND FRIENDS SEARCH!
Spoiler
"
krofj wrote:
Random new players get rich in about a week vs longtime tryharder without luck

I DO AGREE... with the owner post. No matter what you can say with RNG, that's the damn reward system that is broken. You can do whatever you want, only this damn luck count. And it's feels horrible when you are on on the good side of the wall.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info