[1.3.0] Michael Bay's second favorite build: Oro's Sacrifice IB + MS

Videos:

I'll just laying down a little bit about my build right now and will probably update it with more information in the oncoming days. For now I just want to get the idea out there for a fun build that you can do in the last weeks of Ambush.

Any constructive feedback is gladly welcome as I know that I am not a hugely proficient with the skill tree.

Background:
I've been using this build since the first month of the league and have to say it's probably one of the most fun builds that I've ever played (But to be fair I haven't tried very many that are still viable in today's meta).

The Idea:
Create a build around Oro's Sacrifice. Originally I wanted to do elemental proliferation and while that's not at all out of the question, I had so much fun with infernal blow that I almost completely disregarded reworking the build for ele prolif. For ambush, strong boxes are clear immediately (also without a terrible about of particle fx so it doesn't destroy cpu's). Given IB's 125% base dmg multiplier, it became an immediate candidate for use because Oro's only does fire dmg, so naturally you won't level up the gem.
Originally, I had a problem with single target dmg because I was stubborn and didn't want to use heavy strike or double strike, however when molten strike came in, it fitted in perfectly. Although, double strike is still perfectly good and in raw tool tip dps is actually better than molten strike (When I go back to standard for a bit I'll be able to test out a quality DS). To be honest though I don't feel that the tool tip gives molten strike justice, given its projectile dmg.

So to begin the build I threw together a skill tree after looking at Oro's ele prolif leap slammer build and grinded to level 67 in order to use it. Next, I got enough currency to buy a Kaom's doryani's invitation and Hrimnor's Resolve for the fire dmg and leech. The 1% fire dmg leech itself is enough to sustain in a lot of occasions, however for more survivability, throwing on a life leech gem is even better, naturally. Due to the amount of uniques that I have on, it lowers potential life, which is where a Kaom's heart comes in.
Kaom's heart helps in multiple ways because of obviously the 500 hp and then the increased fire dmg. While it limits you pretty heavily for sockets, you are basically given an extra WED from the increased fire dmg.

I am not going to tell you this build is hardcore viable because it is too vulnerable to ele reflect. You can play slow and be careful and get along fine, but that's just not how I play.

(Credit goes towards PJP2810 with his edited version of the build here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/705806/page/4)

BENEFITS:
Spoiler

You can finish strong boxes instantly
EXPLOSIONS
Oro's sacrifice is cheap (at the moment)
IT LOOKS SWEET WITH EBONY WEAPON EFFECT
You can run high level maps relatively easily solo
INFERNAL EXPLOSIONS
Culling strike kills enemies at 10% (This may be annoying in groups)
700 eDPS on a weapon
You gain frenzy charges with each enemy that is ignited
EXPLOSIONS
While Doryani's invitation and a Kaom's heart are extremely useful, neither are necessary, so it's a relatively cheap build.
Doesn't use flicker strike
EXPLOSIONS

DOWNSIDES:
Spoiler

Culling strike in groups can be annoying for others
+20% increased fire and physical damage taken
You may feel like you need more life because of the uniques.
not atziri viable in its current form

BUILD:
Spoiler

current (I'm a softcore scrub so I don't care much for dying)

108 pts:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_wQQUIH_jVbV5aO8OMfuezQthUEcir9IheA04U_JBVw2-inbnggeRzgHcu-2E2fjrR37qGL029zJ2rGVNcql82c9-vqesqhm0WfNqk8AatkFxhRo4TipaGnrm8xGQVSmlY_2xQicvRtfsOIKbKU862Jo75CIt0jKJ4XM8BRpsd-WiAO98na426fAfBLMSaacIJKpo8sBmFxyPRhZvlFxxeZuh42rMZvfXSpismIuMOljxbPndVcY22IPbSRsqjexVpzCfy6lutfI1kti9

GEAR
Spoiler

A Kaom's heart is absolutely not necessary, and will actually allow you to use 5 or 6 links for your molten strike (or double strike if you prefer)

GEMS:
Spoiler

IB Pure Damage:
4L: Infernal Blow/Melee Splash/Weapon Elemental Damage/Fire Pen/
5L: Infernal Blow/Melee Splash/Weapon Elemental Damage/Fire Pen/Blood Magic/
6L: Infernal Blow/Melee Splash/Weapon Elemental Damage/Fire Pen/Blood Magic/Faster Attacks

IB Life sustain:
4L: Infernal Blow/Melee Splash/Weapon Elemental Damage/Life Leech/
5L: Infernal Blow/Melee Splash/Weapon Elemental Damage/Life Leech/Blood Magic or Fire Pen
6L: Infernal Blow/Melee Splash/Weapon Elemental Damage/Life Leech/Blood Magic or Fire Pen/Faster Attacks

MS:
4L: Molten Strike/Weapon Elemental Damage/Fire Pen/Life Leech or Mana leech as a support
5L: Molten Strike/Weapon Elemental Damage/Fire Pen/Life Leech/Blood Magic
6L: Molten Strike/Weapon Elemental Damage/Fire Pen/Life Leech/Blood Magic/Multistrike or Faster Attacks

HoA: (I usually have this in a 5link and IB in a 4link to be honest)
4L: Herald of Ash/Reduced Mana/Elemental Proliferation/Anger
5L: Herald of Ash/Reduced Mana/Elemental Proliferation/Anger/Increased Burning damage

Don't be fooled by tool tip dps, fire pen is a very good gem for an all fire dmg build.

Warning:
Spoiler

This build is vulnerable to ele reflect just like any other Infernal Blow build, however since you're only doing fire damage, you are more vulnerable to an ele reflect mob; however, chugging a ruby flask has kept me from dying, even with the largest of mobs.

Oro's Sacrifice makes you vulnerable to fire and physical damage

In its current state, this is not an Atziri viable build, unfortunately.

AGAIN, ALL CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK IS HIGHLY APPRECIATED
IGN: DreeeemCrusher (ambush)
Last edited by Dark3ned on Dec 22, 2014, 12:36:14 AM
Reserved
I just spent the last couple of days leveling one, and found the same, IB is AMAZING.. the damage scaling from fire nodes to the explosions is insane. I went BM as I found adding another gem was far better than using anger however I'm rather squishy atm so I might change this with the 1.2 reset.

Current tree (level 69):
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEABLMUTRo4Jy8yiTwFPfxXDVfiWGNZ818_ah5yqXbnd-V82YM4i4yMz5BVkc6f36IApKynhKgYrKq77byfwBrG2NIh4XPjn-w47SDvDu988i_2SPcyRtfjajbp890abBmFJKr60maewQR5aDIJcmxsRqlueA0LYRUgKk0_J0rIbqq18imlTipbr90NLOnSTcAP1e1qk7ZBvqenMJ7N378UcZ_LDjwGDgPGY_0J9g==

Complete tree (level 90):
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEABLMUTRo4Jy8yiTwFPfxXDVfiWGNZ818_ah5yqXbnd-V82YM4i4yMz5BVkc6f36IApKynhKgYrKq77byfwBrG2NIh4XPjn-w47SDvDu988i_2SPcyRtfjajbp890abBmFJKr60maewQR5aDIJcmxsRqlueA0LYRUgKk0_J0rIbqq18imlTipbr90NLOnSTcAP1e1qk7ZBvqenMJ7N378UcZ_LDjwGDgPGY_0J9g==

Gear:
Spoiler

Have you considered using fire pen instead of faster attacks? I'm assuming it applies to the explosions too... I use heavy strike + ruby & granite flasks to take out those nasty reflect rares. What do you use molten strike for?

Just by the way as well, you could replace that strength node below Armour Mastery with the 15% fire res node.
[2.2] Varunastra/Prismatic Eclipse DW Beserker /forum/view-thread/1604711
[2.2] Drunken Wretch - (Gladiator with The Retch + Broken Faith) /forum/view-thread/1656234
"
themoleium wrote:
What do you use molten strike for?

Dark3ned had issues with single target damage and didn't want to swap out to Heavy/Double Strike so used Molten Strike instead. Double Strike would theoretically do more damage, though.

The build sounds fantastically awesome in general though, just gotta get mah marauder to level 67 so I can use the sword!
Last edited by MrTastix on Aug 4, 2014, 9:27:23 PM
Interesting build. I'm surprised that 1% life leech is enough. I guess you fare well enough without the Life Leech gem thanks to Kaom's Heart?

Have you ever tried using 3 auras (Grace, Anger, and Wrath)? The dps boost is huge, but it does cost you in points and possibly currency. It requires Sovereignty, the two Reduced Mana Reservation nodes below it, the Reduced Mana Reservation node by Unwavering Stance, a 4S "+1 to level of gems" item, and a lvl 21 Reduced Mana gem. That would be more powerful than taking those Burning Damage and Ignite Duration nodes in your final build, although it costs two additional points after you remove said fire nodes.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Aug 12, 2014, 4:46:57 PM
interesting... very

will try some day
Last edited by Towers00 on Aug 14, 2014, 5:07:38 AM
Updated for 1.2.0 at lvl 85

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_wQTjn1W1eWgnL57NC2HvDtIheA28n1cNOFO-ipHOIq8B3LvtduekGfcyG_pyqSXfrKp82YTZWfMn7WVNbmnAGvxLFFK-p5BVbBZHftJNp4SHGcAPGjjV7ew4apNX4ilPOti2QXflMonkIoKbLdJOKloaBLMabCmlFE3wHwJxna4Wb4M4ogCnCBJpJKrvfNgk2t0XHDbpNsVxeeNqHwIEB4PbTLNVxpeVOlhSU6yYPV_xbDbYSRsqjexVMjSvt4dl

This is a bit less defensive but gave me a 30% increase in DPS compared to the 1.1.0 tree
would love to see some videos full of explosions :)
"
Tempada wrote:
Interesting build. I'm surprised that 1% life leech is enough. I guess you fare well enough without the Life Leech gem thanks to Kaom's Heart?

Have you ever tried using 3 auras (Grace, Anger, and Wrath)? The dps boost is huge, but it does cost you in points and possibly currency. It requires Sovereignty, the two Reduced Mana Reservation nodes below it, the Reduced Mana Reservation node by Unwavering Stance, a 4S "+1 to level of gems" item, and a lvl 21 Reduced Mana gem. That would be more powerful than taking those Burning Damage and Ignite Duration nodes in your final build, although it costs two additional points after you remove said fire nodes.

grace gives 0 damage due to 0 physical damage on oro's sword
[Removed by Support]
I got excellent results using 20% Frenzy, double strike (spectral throw to hard maps) with 20/20 life gain on hit.

I really want to know, how much pure eDPS?
Last edited by pedro2907 on Sep 5, 2014, 3:15:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info